Page 182 of 397 FirstFirst ... 82132172178179180181182183184185186192232282 ... LastLast
Results 4,526 to 4,550 of 9904

Thread: Movies - Take Two. Action!

Nice spoiler, dude.
    Last edited by Hal...; 03-18-2020 at 06:57 PM.

I didn't even remember William H Macy was in it.
    He was the guy whose wife was always entertaining multiple gentlemen in public. I don't remember him being discussed later in the movie by anyone.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Blade Runner: The Final Cut--This is the version without the voice overs, and I'd never seen it before, but I like it just as much as the original, maybe better.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    Nice spoiler, dude.
    here's another one - The shark eats Quint!
    no tunes, no dynamics, no nosebone

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    I can't rememeber the title but we watched the latest X men. Can't believe how much enjoyed it given the countless times they have revisted the original. I thought the special effects were quite enjoyable.
    Last edited by mozo-pg; 03-18-2020 at 09:36 PM.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Mail View Post
    Let us know what you thought of Boogie Nights.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLoony View Post
    Dammit, I missed the ending.
    Quote Originally Posted by nosebone View Post
    The... will be censored.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    Nice spoiler, dude.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

DAMMIT, Nosebone! Please, nobody mention "Rosebud".

I had a coworker get upset because in a conversation about classic movies, I mentioned the ending of Blade Runner and I should have issued a spoiler alert. It was 2009. Blade Runner debuted 27 years before.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    My brother mentioned to my wife at the start of Return Of The Jedi "you know he's her brother", she hadn't seen the movie yet.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

how old does a movie need to be before there's no such thing as spoilers for it?

BTW, just watched Inception again and it still twisted my brain in knots
    love those kinda movies!
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Quote Originally Posted by headcrash View Post
    Given that they go to a lot of trouble to establish that Kane dies alone...how do the reporters know about his last word?
    Cobra handling and cocaine use are a bad mix.

Quote Originally Posted by MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER View Post
    how old does a movie need to be before there's no such thing as spoilers for it?
    For infamous scenes from famous movies?

I'd say twenty years?
    no tunes, no dynamics, no nosebone

Quote Originally Posted by headcrash View Post
    He didn't say Rosebud. He said "Roast beef...on rye!", but because he was so weak, the nurse thought he was sayign "Rosebud, Henri". He wasn't asking for his old sled or the gopher at the newspaper from 30 years earlier, he just wanted a damn sandwich! Didn't any of guys ever watch Saturday Night Live?!

have their been lists of crazy plot twist movies in this thread? If so I missed it

what are some of your favorite crazy mind-bending movies?
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Inception was a really good one.

My favorites would be 2001: A Space Odyssey and Lost Highway, hands down.

Some other really good ones:

Arrival
    Coherence
    Enemy
    Jacob's Ladder
    Last Year at Marienbad
    Memento
    Moon
    Predestination
    Primer
    Time Lapse
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

I'd say 5 years.

mind-bending movies?

2001: A Space Odyssey
    A Clockwork Orange
    I Saw the Devil
    Upgrade
    Annihilation
    Take Shelter
    The Chaser
    Green Room
    Midsommar
    The Witch
    Ex Machina
    Blade Runner 2049
    Prisioners

Quote Originally Posted by Sturgeon's Lawyer View Post
    Given that they go to a lot of trouble to establish that Kane dies alone...how do the reporters know about his last word?
    There was a nurse there. Geez, didn't you watch the movie?

Well, I remember a nurse there but could be totally wrong.

Showtime is free for a few days so I picked up a couple of movies to watch tonight starting with Captive State with John Goodman. It's a sci-fi aliens take us over and we fight back flick that I'd never heard of. Judging from the first few minutes this looks to be good.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

have their been lists of crazy plot twist movies in this thread? If so I missed it

It is very rare to see a twist at the end that I did not see coming at all, but two that come to mind are "The Usual Suspects" and "The Sixth Sense".

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    It is very rare to see a twist at the end that I did not see coming at all, but two that come to mind are "The Usual Suspects" and "The Sixth Sense".
    The ending of The Usual Suspects actually took a long time for them to come up with, that montage sequence at the end and all.......

Wait, did I give up some spoilers? Again, how long must we wait?

Captive State was cool. The ending was perfect yet rings of King's Dark Tower series and the ending of that. I recommend this movie.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

Talking about spoilers on old movies: I think it kinda stinks that there's generations of movie fans (me included) who, for instance, never got to see Psycho without knowing how it ended. I think it would be cool to go into a movie like that, having no idea who the killer is. I didn't get that chance, because I was born 13 years after the movie came out. Same thing with a movie like Easy Rider.

One that kinda drives me crazy is, I was 7 when The Empire Strikes Back came out, but at the time, my family was either getting ready to move, or had just move into our new home, and things like going to the movies was kinda put on the backburner for awhile. So I didn't get to see it until it came around to the theaters the second time, like a year later or whatever it was. By then, someone had told me about that James Earl Jones' now legendary (and legendarily misquoted) line. It wasn't quite like the Simpsons episode with the flashback where Homer comes out of the theater and, in front of the crowd coming in for the first showing, says "I CAN'T BELIEVE DARTH VADER IS LUKE SKYWALKER'S FATHER" but it was close.

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    It wasn't quite like the Simpsons episode with the flashback where Homer comes out of the theater and, in front of the crowd coming in for the first showing, says "I CAN'T BELIEVE DARTH VADER IS LUKE SKYWALKER'S FATHER" but it was close.

That sucks. I guess that comes with the internet. Some trolls just like to spoil thing or in Homer's instance, just stupid. That's why I always liked Siskel and Ebert. They never did spoilers or I don't remember them doing that. I don't know why that needs to be done to review a film. That's why if I'm interested in a film, I avoid forums, boards, etc. or scroll past stuff quickly whenever I see that type thing.

saw a very good SciFi movie last night
    Self/less

I know that Ryan Reynolds gets trashed in here but the movie was good

Hal, did you mention that tomorrow on TCM, Bullett, Dial M for Murder and Wait Until Dark are running?
    The older I get, the better I was.

Quote Originally Posted by hippypants View Post

That sucks. I guess that comes with the internet. Some trolls just like to spoil thing or in Homer's instance, just stupid. That's why I always liked Siskel and Ebert. They never did spoilers or I don't remember them doing that. I don't know why that needs to be done to review a film. That's why if I'm interested in a film, I avoid forums, boards, etc. or scroll past stuff quickly whenever I see that type thing.
    Yeah, I had to learn how to stay of Doctor Who forums when the Sci-Fi Channel was showing Doctor Who, because we'd get it Stateside months or even a year after they showed in the UK, so it was real easy to read shit you didn't want to because everything was all over the place.

But my experience with The Empire Strikes Back goes back to 1980. Now that I think about it, though, I think I brought it upon myself, because I may have asked this neighbor kid to tell me everything about the movie, because I was expecting to not get a chance to see it. I was seven years old, what did I know about highly successful movies come back a few months or a year after their original run?! Anyway, I remember him telling me about that big revelation, and I didn't believe him.
    I also remember that same kid told me the third movie was going to be called Splinter In The Mind's Eye (and yes, I know that SITME was conceived as a low budget sequel to the original movie, which got scuttled when Star Wars took off and 20th Century Fox basically handed Lucas a blank check for movie numero dos, and George said "Nah, I can come up with a better story than that, if you're willing to pay for it!")