Page 172 of 397 FirstFirst ... 72122162168169170171172173174175176182222272 ... LastLast
Results 4,276 to 4,300 of 9912

Thread: Movies - Take Two. Action!

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Not a drama but Spanglish staring Adam Sandler showed his depth beyond comedy - well romantic comedy, was quite impressive. I'll have to check out the new one
    Last edited by mozo-pg; 01-02-2020 at 01:01 PM.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

My head always wants to explode every time I watch an Adam Sandler flick.

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    Watched two good ones recently:

Freaks - in the near future, there are people with strange and powerful telekinetic abilities. The so-called normal people want to exterminate the "freaks." Not really a horror movie, but it held my interest throughout. Plus, it has Bruce Dern in it.

Once Upon A Time In Hollywood - you've heard of this, the latest from Tarantino. Interesting idea for a story that I won't spoil, and extra credit for a great job recreating 1969 Los Angeles.
    We're trying to build a monument to show that we were here
    It won't be visible through the air
    And there won't be any shade to cool the monument to prove that we were here. - Gene Parsons, 1973

Just saw 'Knives Out'. Wow, one of the best murder mystery films I've ever seen. Clever and subtle.

Quote Originally Posted by bill g View Post
    Just saw 'Knives Out'. Wow, one of the best murder mystery films I've ever seen. Clever and subtle.
    been intrigued about that flick... I'll hafta see it
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Saw "Ford Vs. Ferrari" today. Excellent film, especially if you are into auto racing at all.
    Where?
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    Where?
    I saw it in a theater in Portage MI.

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    Saw another good one: Ready Or Not - a bloody horror flick with a sense of humor and good acting.
    We're trying to build a monument to show that we were here
    It won't be visible through the air
    And there won't be any shade to cool the monument to prove that we were here. - Gene Parsons, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by spellbound View Post
    Saw another good one: Ready Or Not - a bloody horror flick with a sense of humor and good acting.
    Yeah I've heard good things about this one and will get to it soon.

The Perfection

I'm not even going to try and describe this Netflix movie, because you should go in blind to get any enjoyment out of it. If you think you'd be interested in a dark, plot-twisty, light horror/thriller, give it a whirl. The acting is great all around, but the plot is sort of ridiculous. That said, I was never bored and actually got pretty into it .

I'd give it a late night try. Goes by quick clocking in at bout 90 mins.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Yeah I've heard good things about this one and will get to it soon.

The Perfection

I'm not even going to try and describe this Netflix movie, because you should go in blind to get any enjoyment out of it. If you think you'd be interested in a dark, plot-twisty, light horror/thriller, give it a whirl. The acting is great all around, but the plot is sort of ridiculous. That said, I was never bored and actually got pretty into it .

I'd give it a late night try. Goes by quick clocking in at bout 90 mins.
    This the one about the cellist?
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    This the one about the cellist?
    Yes. Check it out when you get a chance, Lou. I'd be curious on your take.

I saw The Perfection

Wacky, crazy, wacky crazy!!
    no tunes, no dynamics, no nosebone

Yes. Check it out when you get a chance, Lou. I'd be curious on your take.
    I saw this a while back, and loved it!

I knew I'd seen The Perfection but couldn't remember what it was about and was too lazy to look it up. I saw it back in May when it was first released and I definitely recommended it.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Death Wish

Caught this on Prime last night. If you like the original you'll probably like this because it's pretty much the same thing, but modern day. It certainly didn't hold back with the graphic violence in a few spots! Not bad...killed the time just fine.

Death Wish

Caught this on Prime last night. If you like the original you'll probably like this because it's pretty much the same thing, but modern day. It certainly didn't hold back with the graphic violence in a few spots! Not bad...killed the time just fine.
    Saw this a while back. Was much better than I had expected.

My Favorite Year. 1982.

A film I never got to see on release or subsequently, until now.

Found it quite mild and uninvolving, considering it's obvious nods to the antics of people like Errol Flynn and Douglas Fairbanks JR etc.

Peter O'Toole was decent as the aging movie star, but was given little to work with. The movie seemed content with affectionate parody and mild slapstick, when it could have been so much more.

I only laughed at one line where O'Toole walks into a ladies toilet...doubt I could repeat it here though.

Bit of a disappointment.
    I only clicked on it because I thought it was going to be something more interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    I knew I'd seen The Perfection but couldn't remember what it was about and was too lazy to look it up. I saw it back in May when it was first released and I definitely recommended it.
    watched it last night with my wife, it's HILARIOUS!!
    Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature

Well........yeah! Speaking of you, I just saw 6 Underground
    A Netflix original starring Ryan Reynolds and directed by Michael Bay. Most fun I have had with a movie in a long time. The action in the opening 15 minutes will leave
    you feeling like you just did an hour of cardio. TONS of action and a lot of humor makes this a must see. Really! Drop what you're doing and watch it now.
    Watched this last night and yeah man...this was a blast! Story-wise? Whatever...it was good enough because this was just eye candy with the action and effects. I actually had some good laughs too with the one liners and humor thrown in throughout. Nice to see a fun action flick without the comic book superhero. I definitely see a sequel...

Watched this last night and yeah man...this was a blast! Story-wise? Whatever...it was good enough because this was just eye candy with the action and effects. I actually had some good laughs too with the one liners and humor thrown in throughout. Nice to see a fun action flick without the comic book superhero. I definitely see a sequel...
    I sure hope you are right about the sequel!

Out of boredom I recorded The Sandman. 2017, Tobin Bell. Some horror flick.

The thing that got me was at the beginning of the recording it came up with a Sid & Marty Krofft Pictures. It had to be from the show before but damn, are they still a production company? Some really old flick? Something I really didn't expect to see at all.

It was on Syfy, if that's any help.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

I sure hope you are right about the sequel!
    This was also a great way to test out my new LG OLED C9! 4K/HDR is glorious on this thing!

The Monster

Saw this a while back, but it's short and I was in the mood for a quick creature flick fix It's quite good! Practical effects too! Mother and daughter with issues go out on a drive, break down on a woods road and the fun begins! I thought it was really well done and definitely scratched an itch. If you like creature flicks, definitely give this a look.

This was also a great way to test out my new LG OLED C9! 4K/HDR is glorious on this thing!
    Without checking my notes, I think this is the model I wanted to buy over the holidays, but the bastards never discounted it worth speaking of. I'm probably just going to spring for the 2020 model when it comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Without checking my notes, I think this is the model I wanted to buy over the holidays, but the bastards never discounted it worth speaking of. I'm probably just going to spring for the 2020 model when it comes out.
    As of right now it's by far the best TV I've ever owned. The blacks are truly amazing. As all the reviewers say, "they pop"...and I can now understand. Blu-Rays and 4K discs are stunning. Streaming is awesome too, but your at the mercy of the signal of course. Get it! Be careful of long standing static images though as OLED's have a burn-in concern.

^ Thanks for the info, especially that last bit. I wasn't aware of that. It wouldn't stop me from purchasing it, but it will make me be careful.