Page 108 of 397 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118158208 ... LastLast
Results 2,676 to 2,700 of 9911

Thread: Movies - Take Two. Action!

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    You've gotten my attention.

How does it compare to Atomic Blonde?
    Her nudity is nothing like Scarlett Johansson's in Under the Skin.

As for how it compares to Atomic Blonde: two different styles. AB is more like a Bourne movie while RS is more le Carré.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsteve View Post
    It was Kato wasn't it?
    "Ah Kato , my little yellow friend "
    lol. No, it wasn't Burt Kwouk.

Speaking of that, I watched about the last hour of The Pink Panther Strikes Again. I can't believe after all this time and as many times as I've seen that movie it can still make me laugh; altho, not as much as it once did. I think the funniest thing in that movie is when he accidentally hits the beekeeper in the face with the flail (aka mace & chain).

Anyway, here's the answer to the trivia question (highlight if you want the answer): William Peter Blatty.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Quote Originally Posted by hippypants View Post
    Tequila Sunrise--very 80s film, much like a Miami Vice movie, with young roles for Kurt Russel (the cop role), Mel Gibson (the druggy role), and completing the romantic triangle, Michelle Pfeiffer (romantic interest and restaurant owner). I prefer the grittier style of the 70's cinema. That being said, I didn't care for it that much. It might be better on a second viewing.
    I saw this in the theater and honestly couldn't tell you one thing about it.
    no tunes, no dynamics, no nosebone

The Dirt

Got to watch this last night. I was only briefly a Motley Crue fan with 'Shout at the Devil' and had always heard about the crazy stories. I thought this was pretty cool...although I'm sure there's a shit ton of stuff left out.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    Been watching Season 2 of Westworld.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post

Speaking of that, I watched about the last hour of The Pink Panther Strikes Again. I can't believe after all this time and as many times as I've seen that movie it can still make me laugh; altho, not as much as it once did. I think the funniest thing in that movie is when he accidentally hits the beekeeper in the face with the flail (aka mace & chain).
    The whole Oktoberfest sequence slays me every time, especially the lavatory bit, where two assassins kill each other accidentally when Clouseau bends down to pick up the roll of toilet paper. And there's something I find hilarious about Omar Sharif's uncredited walk on as the Egyptian assassin (I assume he's the Egyptian, we're told there's only two asssassins left, the Egyptian and the Russian, and Lesley-Anne Down apparently is the Russian, so...).

I can't remember, is that the one with the ridiculous fight sequence between Clouseau and Cato, with the sped up footage of them showing off, I think of them has some kind of staff while the other has the nunchucks? And then there's the slow motion shots of them charging at each other, with the audio also slowed down.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Hal, I'm way behind in this thread, but has your wife seen "Stand By Me?" That's another non-horror Stephen King based film that has wide appeal, for good reason.

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    And there's something I find hilarious about Omar Sharif's uncredited walk on as the Egyptian assassin (I assume he's the Egyptian, we're told there's only two asssassins left, the Egyptian and the Russian, and Lesley-Anne Down apparently is the Russian, so...).
    Well, Sharif himself was Egyptian, so...

What I found interesting - that I never thought of, before - is that the only assassin who was successful was Sharif, the only dramatic actor of renown in the whole movie. Of course, his success is qualified since he mistook another assassin disguised as Clouseau. But I think it still counts, in a way.

I can't remember, is that the one with the ridiculous fight sequence between Clouseau and Cato, with the sped up footage of them showing off, I think of them has some kind of staff while the other has the nunchucks? And then there's the slow motion shots of them charging at each other, with the audio also slowed down.
    Yes, that's in the beginning of the movie, which I missed this time. I do love that scene. I will say that I'm not as enamored with the movie that I used to be but there are parts that still definitely make me laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Hal, I'm way behind in this thread, but has your wife seen "Stand By Me?" That's another non-horror Stephen King based film that has wide appeal, for good reason.
    I can't remember if she saw it or not.

I'm also at a total loss to what you're referring. I assume a previous post but which one?

I recall mentioning her not too long ago but I think I also mentioned she was my wife.

She's dead.

I killed her.

I'm kidding.

That was wishful thinking.

I agree about SBM, btw. Didn't like it as much as Shawshank or Green Mile, but close.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    You've gotten my attention.

How does it compare to Atomic Blonde?
    Atomic Blonde was much more violent.
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

Quote Originally Posted by spellbound View Post
    Been watching Season 2 of Westworld.
    And ..............................

Holy smoke! Joe Pilato just died!

https://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3...ilato-died-70/

One of the single best performances you’ll find in the late George Romero’s oeuvre would have to be Joseph Pilato‘s scenery-chewing portrayal of Captain Rhodes in Day of the Dead, the primary human antagonist of the film and one of Romero’s most memorable characters. Sadly, we’ve learned this afternoon that Pilato has left us at the age of 70.

Prior to landing one of the top roles in Day of the Dead, Joseph Pilato had worked with George Romero on Dawn of the Dead and Knightriders, playing small roles in both films. Throughout the 1980s he also appeared in Effects, Gung Ho, Terminal Force and Shooters.

Going into the ’90s and beyond, Pilato appeared in Alienator, Empire of the Dark, The Evil Inside Me, Pulp Fiction, The Demolitionist, Fatal Passion, Wishmaster and The Ghouls.

Friend Marty Schiff broke the sad news on Facebook today, writing: “It is with great sadness that I inform you that actor and old friend Joseph “Joe” Pilato passed away quietly in his sleep last night. Rest in Peace, Joe.”

Rest in Peace indeed, Captain.

I just saw this ad on YouTube for a new movie directed by Danny Boyle and I gotta say, I think it looks good:

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    I just saw this ad on YouTube for a new movie directed by Danny Boyle and I gotta say, I think it looks good:

I'm so totally in on this flick. So much fun to be had with that concept. Seriously, alternate dimensions and The Beatles not existing. Brilliant.
    Last edited by TheLoony; 03-27-2019 at 11:24 PM.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

Watched the Spy Who Dumped Me with Kate McKinnon. Unexpectedly good. At times , laugh outloud funny , high production value spy spoof. I liked it.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsteve View Post
    Watched the Spy Who Dumped Me with Kate McKinnon. Unexpectedly good. At times , laugh outloud funny , high production value spy spoof. I liked it.
    I enjoyed that, it was pretty funny.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

John Wick 1 & 2

I wanted some 4k action (4K is nice streaming but it doesn't compare to what it looks like from a disc and a good player) and was told I'd probably like these. Keanu Reeves is hit or miss with me...often miss, but he's perfect here. Fun, over the top, non-stop action. Not much to think about which is perfect I'm actually looking forward to the 3rd one now!

7 out of 10 forward rolls

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    My GF loves non-stop violence so she's a fan of the Wick flicks. I just went along for the ride. They were preposterous, but luckily enough for me, I like preposterous.

After we watched I & II, I turned her on to the ultra-violent and completely over the top Shoot 'Em Up which is even more preposterous than both JWs put together. It did not disappoint her. Clive Owen spews more corny one-liners than Arnold's entire filmography and Paul Giamatti chews up every scene. I especially enjoyed whenever Giamatti had to call his wife to explain why he was held up at "work." Check that one out if you haven't had a chance yet.

8 out of 10 carrot-munching gunmen
    "That gum you like is going to come back in style."

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Oh I loved Shoot Em Up its ridiculous.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Another "Shoot Em Up" fan. I'm not usually a blood, gore, violence guy but this movie has several hilarious WTF? moments which made it quite watchable for me.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie View Post
    My GF loves non-stop violence so she's a fan of the Wick flicks. I just went along for the ride. They were preposterous, but luckily enough for me, I like preposterous.

After we watched I & II, I turned her on to the ultra-violent and completely over the top Shoot 'Em Up which is even more preposterous than both JWs put together. It did not disappoint her. Clive Owen spews more corny one-liners than Arnold's entire filmography and Paul Giamatti chews up every scene. I especially enjoyed whenever Giamatti had to call his wife to explain why he was held up at "work." Check that one out if you haven't had a chance yet.

8 out of 10 carrot-munching gunmen
    I'm on it!

Shoot 'Em Up was way too silly. The Wick movies are awesome. Parabellum will no doubt rock.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoony View Post
    I'm so totally in on this flick. So much fun to be had with that concept. Seriously, alternate dimensions and The Beatles not existing. Brilliant.
    Love the idea of this. It looks really good.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

You guys would rather watch blood and guts instead of Yesterday?

Totally disappointed in the whole lot of ya. Admittedly, I look at movies a lot differently than most people in what I like and dislike so whatever. My opinion does really mean nothing.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoony View Post
    You guys would rather watch blood and guts instead of Yesterday?

Totally disappointed in the whole lot of ya. Admittedly, I look at movies a lot differently than most people in what I like and dislike so whatever. My opinion does really mean nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    Another "Shoot Em Up" fan. I'm not usually a blood, gore, violence guy but this movie has several hilarious WTF? moments which made it quite watchable for me.
    Everyone has their own opinions, and for that matter, their own level of hubris concerning them. Fortunately, your last sentence puts it all in perspective.

I watch movies now at age 74 that at age 54 I would have called "insipid chick flicks" and now enjoy for their sensitivity and emotional human content.

Age will do that to most, if not all of you eventually. I would have just said "all of you" but my old pals Klonky & Paulie are in this thread.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

I'm watching some random movie on Comet called..... The House That Screamed (1969). It's a Spanish film but over dubbed in English (with snooty, British accents).....

Finally had the chance to watch "The Dirt" on Netflix. I had read the book years ago when it came out, and although the movie glossed over a few things, I enjoyed it for the most part. It took a few minutes to get used to Ramsey Bolton playing Mick Mars, but in the end I thought they all did a good job with the characters. I am not sure how well Pete Davidson worked in his role as he seemed to be used as mostly a comic foil when in real live Tom was a big time record guy who was one of the main people behind Fleetwood Mac among other well known bands. Overall I dug it though, and thought they did a good job with it.