Thread: Hits A Go Go with Yes and Jethro Tull

Hits A Go Go with Yes and Jethro Tull

Another window into the past with this show Hits A Go Go from 1969 featuring Yes and Jethro Tull!
    Enjoy.

I think someone posted this earlier in one of the other Yes threads, but I can't say for certain, as everything around here turns into Yes stew sooner or later.

Ahhh, but a repeat Tull/Yes duo thread is a new wrinkle in the genre.

Yes miming to "Looking Around" was posted to PE a while back. But now that the whole show is available (whoo-ee, quite the time capsule!) we also get to see them doing "Beyond and Before" (at least part of it), which I believe is only the second filmed example of that song being played live.

What's also interesting to me is that this was a Swiss TV show. I know Yes had strong early connections to Switzerland. There's a photo of them performing for Swiss TV in the Dan Hedges book and it's clearly a different performance than this one, so something about early Yes was clicking for the Swiss at least. I know Claude Nobs, who I believe was Atlantic's head of European operations and who was based in Switzerland, was a big Yes supporter early on so perhaps that had something to do with it.

(I'm sure someone will correct me on all of the above if any of it is mistaken.)
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

If it hadn't been posted again, I would have never seen it. I liked the little black dog.

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Quote Originally Posted by Crawford Glissadevil View Post
    If it hadn't been posted again, I would have never seen it.
    Same here. I rarely follow Yes thread as they usually become lumbering behemoths... unless of course they get closed, then the last few pages are a 'must read'.