Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The 5 hardest questions in POP music.

Quote Originally Posted by Progology View Post
    Potty mouth/objectional lyrics: Some places are a bit less civil today. This is partly a response to (IMO) some foul language being more acceptable.
    You can thank George Carlin for making the “seven words” a mainstream topic of discussion. The idea that certain combinations of letters or certain sounds have magical power is laughable.

1. Why does the music you listen to suck so bad?
    2. Why does the music I listen to rock so hard?
    3. Why are most hit songs simply awful (regardless of era)?
    4. Why does anyone care?
    5. Is Lady Gaga Prog?
    The Prog Corner

Who Are You?
    Who?
    Who?
    Who?
    Who?

Quote Originally Posted by Rune Blackwings View Post
    A song about a stalker is viewed as a love song.
    Thanks for the chuckle Rune. Immediately I thought of Every Breath You Take which is a rather creepy song but most seem to think it's a love song.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoony View Post
    Thanks for the chuckle Rune. Immediately I thought of Every Breath You Take which is a rather creepy song but most seem to think it's a love song.
    Not 'getting it' vis-à-vis song lyrics would be a good basis for a whole new thread - see also REM's The One I Love, and Republicans appropriating 'Born in the USA'. Most recently the Manic Street Preachers' 'If You Tolerate This Your Children Will Be Next' was used in a video by the English Defence League, a right-wing UK organisation who claimed the song could be interpreted any way you like, a viewpoint which would have provoked some robust discussion from Nicky Wire.

Pat Benatar has talked about the flak she and her husband received from religious groups after they released "Hell is for Children."
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally