Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Soft Machine - October 6 - Orion, Baltimore

Wish I could make it up to Baltimore for this, but lookin' doubtful.

Quote Originally Posted by mx20 View Post
    Wish I could make it up to Baltimore for this, but lookin' doubtful.
    There was only ten tickets left.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Will there be room for a food table.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Will there be room for a food table.
    John Marshall NEEDS your crab dip!!
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    There are 65 different species of crabs around the British Isles, we might need a second table.

Well I guess there was at least one ticket left, mine now.
    The Metheny tickets I have for the same night .....he will be back around.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

^^^^

Glad we’ll see you, Mark!
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    Several of the shows have Gary Husband listed, some of them specify on keyboards, the rest don't. Is Marshall going to be on the entire tour?
    Looks like my question has been answered in a mailing from Leonardo/Moonjune, which states in part,
    GARY HUSBAND performing with SOFT MACHINE in 2018

JULY 28 - Tokyo, Japan (Billboard Live) - 2 show (piano/keyboards)
    JULY 29 - Tokyo, Japan (Billboard Live) - 2 show (piano/keyboards)
    JULY 31 - Osaka, Japan (Billboard Live) - 2 show (piano/keyboards)
    OCTOBER 16, Tue - Toronto, ON (Mod Club) - (drums)
    OCTOBER 17, Wed - Buffalo, NY (The Tralf) - (drums)
    OCTOBER 18, Thu - Cleveland, OH (Beachland Music Hall) - (drums)
    OCTOBER 19, Fri - Indianapolis, IN (Irving Theater) - (drums)
    OCTOBER 21, Sun - Chicago (Reggie's, Progtober Fest) - (drums)
    OCTOBER 22, Mon - Milwaukee, WI (Shank Hall) - (drums)
    OCTOBER 23, Tue - St. Paul, MN (The Turf) - (drums)

Quote Originally Posted by markwoll View Post
    Well I guess there was at least one ticket left, mine now.
    The Metheny tickets I have for the same night .....he will be back around.
    I picked up one yesterday for a friend. I thought they would have all been gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    Looks like my question has been answered in a mailing from Leonardo/Moonjune, which states in part,
    That is sad that Marshall won't appear for most of the US tour. I have been a fan of his drumming and was looking forward to seeing him perform live. But the guy is in his late 70s so I guess he knows what is physically too much for him.

Quote Originally Posted by arturs View Post
    That is sad that Marshall won't appear for most of the US tour. I have been a fan of his drumming and was looking forward to seeing him perform live. But the guy is in his late 70s so I guess he knows what is physically too much for him.
    Gary Husband isn't mentioned for the west coast dates, and I'll be extremely disappointed if that changes. John Marshall is is one of my all-time favorite drummers and my main reason for wanting to see this lineup, but I was afraid all along that he might not be able to do the tour. Whatever, his health comes first. Hope he is keeping well.
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

FWIW...got the new CD in the mail today courtesy of Moonjune. Still very much on early listens but so far, I like it lots. The title track especially is very cool.

Looking forward to the show
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post
    FWIW...got the new CD in the mail today courtesy of Moonjune. Still very much on early listens but so far, I like it lots. The title track especially is very cool.

Crikey! I didn't realize it was for sale already.

Guess I'm off to order one now.

I was thinking I might see my tickets in there with the cd.

I'm not sure about street dates or the like...I was kind of expecting it slightly closer to the show as well. And I'm not press or anything special so this shouldn't be a promo copy.

But, it arrived and it is lovely. I'm happy to have it, and will be happy to see them in the fall
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Ditto.... +1 just got mine in the mail too and digging it a bunch, hearing the inspired playing and compositions on the CD makes me think this'll be a great show.
    A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice.

This went out this morning from Mike:
    I need to start this message with a huge apology. Earlier this year I was contaced by Leonardo Pavkovic (MoonJune Records) about the possibility of having Soft Machine perform at Orion. In the intervening weeks we exchanged a few emails and set the date for October 6th. It will be the first US show by Soft Machine in over 40 years. But I have no facility to accept pre-show ticket orders, and so asked if Leonardo could do that. He could, and did. And before I got this email to you the show has sold out. This is all my fault, so please blame nobody else. So many of you have supported the shows throughout the years and to miss this one is a shame. In the meantime hear is the current list of upcoming shows. You will receive emails regarding the individual shows. I am also working with the Brand-X management to secure pre-show sales of the two shows in December. You WILL hear about it first, I promise!

Mike

Many shows announced for this Fall.
    It seems that the dead astronomer ruse is no longer needed.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

I would suspect that quite a few of the folks on Mike's list probably also knew about and got tickets for the show already...but that's really good of him to offer a mea culpa like that.

Excuse my ignorance but who is Mike??

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

It's a secret, shhh

Why??

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Mike Potter used to own the Orion.
    For a while shows like this were on the down low, but have been happening for 20 years +.
    -- Aristotle

The eons are closing
    Mike is the best, took a chance on my band 20 years ago to play Orion with finneua gauge and quarkspace.

It's in his DNA to be that awesome.
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Mike is the best

It's in his DNA to be that awesome.
    I agree!!!
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    I was told they won't have room for a food table.