Thread: The Elf King Will Travel Time! The 80's, not the best time for prog...but?

The Elf King Will Travel Time! The 80's, not the best time for prog...but?

If you could pick a time in your own past that you could return to, what year would it be?
    I discovered prog in the late 70's but the 80's were a big time of discovery for me too. Can listening
    to your favorite prog from the halcyon days take you back? Literally take you back?
    What would you change if you could go back? Prog is the key!

And shameless self-promotion here...a prog website has apparently written up my new track.

https://progarchy.com/2018/06/24/tom...g-masterpiece/

Like I said in the other thread, like it a lot and hope to hear more.

Banned
    Nicely played, recorded and produced. I can hear the work that went into it.

... off course it can't literally take you back silly!

Quote Originally Posted by Buddhabreath View Post
    Nicely played, recorded and produced. I can hear the work that went into it.

... off course it can't literally take you back silly!
    I've managed to time travel using prog rock already...though just a bit. I managed to make it back to January and posted this thread about time travel and music. There were a few responses and I'm guessing
    I've changed our time line just a bit. It wasn't easy to get back to now I can tell you. My next attempt will be to travel to the 80s where I'll get my band back together again.
    http://www.progressiveears.org/forum...ut-Time-Travel

I posted this to Tom's other thread too. Interesting that he was talking about time travel on PE. He left some old videos from the 80's where he talks a good deal about time travel and his band The Elf King. We'll be releasing them all over the next few weeks. (He gave his permission of course.) Where he is now is anyone's guess!

thats pretty f'en amusing...I think I have a new found admiration of

THE ELF KING

Love
    Michael
    If it ain't acousmatique-It's crap

Chronomotree sequel in the works? Nice! My fav GH album.

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Hammer View Post
    I posted this to Tom's other thread too. Interesting that he was talking about time travel on PE. He left some old videos from the 80's where he talks a good deal about time travel and his band The Elf King. We'll be releasing them all over the next few weeks. (He gave his permission of course.) Where he is now is anyone's guess!

He's wrong about time being like a key chain. It's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly, timey wimey stuff. Doctor Who even said so.

Quote Originally Posted by Soc Prof View Post
    He's wrong about time being like a key chain. It's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly, timey wimey stuff. Doctor Who even said so.
    Well Soc Prof, that's what I always thought. But Tom has his own ideas. Here's video # 2 where you'll hear a little more about The Elf King band, which apparently was a frustrating experience in 83. Wonder why Tom tried to start this project up again?

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Hammer View Post
    Well Soc Prof, that's what I always thought. But Tom has his own ideas. Here's video # 2 where you'll hear a little more about The Elf King band, which apparently was a frustrating experience in 83. Wonder why Tom tried to start this project up again?
    l already commented on FB and I promise I won't say a word.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

Video # 3. Tom where are you now??

Enjoyable track. Glad you posted it.
    I also wanted to make prog in the 80s and found it a frustrating time to do so.
    Thankfully prog didn't go away and we can make prog music now...
    Persevere!

éí 'aaníígÓÓ 'áhoot'é Don Arnold's Avatar
    Subscribed!

Did Tom's band get signed in 1983? Watch...

ummm, kind of saw that coming.
    But to go back in time, even if Tom had a new guitarist that was dependable, it wouldn't matter because the A&R guy said they weren't signing any prog bands.
    And to travel back to the 80's is even worse because New Wave bands were the big thing.. maybe the 70's would be better.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    ummm, kind of saw that coming.
    But to go back in time, even if Tom had a new guitarist that was dependable, it wouldn't matter because the A&R guy said they weren't signing any prog bands.
    And to travel back to the 80's is even worse because New Wave bands were the big thing.. maybe the 70's would be better.
    From everything we've learned thus far from Tom's 80s videos - he was shooting for the early 70's. That was then. Flash forward to recent conversations I had with Tom - he was aiming for 1971 specifically. And then, as you know, he went missing. My thoughts are that if he made it back to 71 and became a prog-god - wouldn't we have heard of him? Or maybe it altered his time line somehow. Not sure. What do I know. I'm just a bass player.

Oh my...

Glass Hammer music video coming next week. Chronomonaut is coming!