Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The "Beautiful" or "Annoying" Earworm thread.

Khhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaannnnnnn!

"Jack Ruby" is my current one, probably because it was playing when I parked my car @work.

Last edited by davis; 02-05-2015 at 09:26 AM.

Dept.of Beautiful Earworm:

"please do not understand me too quickly"-andre gide

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Not really beautiful or annoying, but surprising. Took my son to see Zootopia, and the Shakira song "Try Everything" is stuck in my head. I actually like it - a very positive message for kids. And Gazelle Shakira is cute.

There are many, but Roxy Music, as you said.... They have quite a few earworms. prairie rose, Over you, and more.

So Charles, did you post the SW concert pics?
    Still alive and well...

Quote Originally Posted by Oreb View Post
    You been hiding? Maybe we visit different threads. Anyway, good you're around
    Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Not really beautiful or annoying, but surprising. Took my son to see Zootopia, and the Shakira song "Try Everything" is stuck in my head. I actually like it - a very positive message for kids. And Gazelle Shakira is cute.

Shakira is OK in my book. Classy and cute.
    Still alive and well...

Judy in Disguise (With Glasses) just wouldn't leave my head Friday morning. Ahhhhhhh help me!

The most frequent beautiful earworm that I sing or hum to myself (by a mile) is David Palmer's vocal on Dildo Dudes "Dirty Work"??

The most annoying earworm for me is by an artist who has also written 2 songs I think are both beautiful and meaningful. "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" is as horrid to my ears as both "True Colors" and especially "Time After Time" are ear candy for me.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    The most frequent beautiful earworm that I sing or hum to myself (by a mile) is David Palmer's vocal on Dildo Dudes "Dirty Work"??

The most annoying earworm for me is by an artist who has also written 2 songs I think are both beautiful and meaningful. "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" is as horrid to my ears as both "True Colors" and especially "Time After Time" are ear candy for me.
    Don't forget her version of Jules Shear's "All Through the Night." Cyndi Lauper was an original, IMO. Hard to ignore her in the 80s.

Quote Originally Posted by Nijinsky Hind View Post
    Shakira is OK in my book. Classy and cute.
    Also, I see she's 39, but still looks like 20 years old. Not that 39 is old!

Don't know if any of you care for this, but it's one of those endearing earworms that will not go away! I am totally addicted.

"The mountains are calling and I must go" - John Muir

"To breathe the same air as the angels, you must go to Tahoe" - Mark Twain

This song has been annoyingly in my ears for a couple of days, though I love this version of it. I had never heard of it before:

Ive mentioned this one before....Even The La's original version isnt as clingy as this version....Go ahead: Listen to it all the way through - I dare you

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    We have this fun thing at work where people post an image and you have to guess the movie.

Somebody posted a screen grab from The Birds.

Now I have that damn nickety nockety frickety frackety song in my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck AzEee! View Post
    Beauty Queen-For Your Pleasure-Roxy Music-I can not get this song out of my head. This has always been my favorite song from a great album.
    Awesome tune! Seems a bit simple on the outside but its pretty deep actually to my ears. The section at 2:24 on is pretty killer

I know this is sort of irreverent with what's but in the news recently (horrifying), but a song that's been stuck in my head the last couple of days is Queen's "Khashoggi's Ship" from The Miracle. I hadn't thought of it in a long time.

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    It's hard for me to enter an elevator w/o Aerosmith's Love In An Elevator popping into my head. I told my wife that, all she said was, "Aint happening".

The past week or so my brain has continually played the battle music from the game my son's been playing for a while ("Dragon Quest 3" or whatever the number is). It's a nice, John Williams-y tune, but I'm well good and sick of it.
    Cobra handling and cocaine use are a bad mix.

My laptop wallpaper image for the week is a panorama of Lake Titicaca, so obviously this song gets lodged in my cranium:

Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...

Metamorphosis - Banco. The guitar riff has colonized a cobsiderable amount of brain cells ever since I've heard it some 25 years ago.
    Is the signature 9/8? I am completely handicapped in this kind of stuff - plus I am not a musician.

For some reason I can't get the Utopia song "Caravan" out of my head today...

Aaaargh. Now I have "Road to Utopia" stuck in mine...
    Cobra handling and cocaine use are a bad mix.

Every time I see this thread title I hear Mike Keneally's "Beautiful" in my head. Definitely not annoying!
    David
    Happy with what I have to be happy with.

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    Woke up the other day With The Beatles' "And Your Bird Can Sing" in my mind, so I got out of bed and dragged a comb across my head. Can't complain about that.