Thread: New Sanguine Hum album: The Weight of the World - promo

New Sanguine Hum album: The Weight of the World - promo

Wow this is great. I am prepared to stick my neck out and say this is going to be THE album of the year.

The promo video is here:- https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=2r1IQXgVtq0

Enjoy!!!

- Nick.

Jefferson James
    I loved every single second of this cample -- bring it on baby! NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great band!

Loved their debut as well as the last two Antique Seeking Nuns EPs - although I'm desperately out to get the first one.

This new one should be good, though.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Yup, big fan of this band & Antique Seeking Nuns, especially Double Egg with Chips & Beans. Looking forward to the new one. Nice camples.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Loved the first album and the live set - looking forward to this.

But please tell me that those of us who buy it on release won't find it being re-released with an extra couple of tracks in a few months time!

Does it matter that this waste of time is what makes a life for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Oreb View Post
    Loved the first album and the live set - looking forward to this.

But please tell me that those of us who buy it on release won't find it being re-released with an extra couple of tracks in a few months time!
    definitely not the case. The only reason this happened on Diving bell was that the band had self released a year before before we took it on.

I've listened through that YT clip four or five times now, and this surely promises a lot. Seems as if the guys have come up with an even more cunning conjunction of the tricky-vs-melodic, making for another tasty brew of "brainy and accessible new progressive". And I think I hear a bit more of their former Antique-intricacies in these recordings than in the Diving Bell ones, which is utterly to my liking!

When is this due? Anyone?
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    I've listened through that YT clip four or five times now, and this surely promises a lot. Seems as if the guys have come up with an even more cunning conjunction of the tricky-vs-melodic, making for another tasty brew of "brainy and accessible new progressive". And I think I hear a bit more of their former Antique-intricacies in these recordings than in the Diving Bell ones, which is utterly to my liking!

When is this due? Anyone?

25th March.

Champion of Nothing Nicky Cupcakes's Avatar
    Like! Sounds very promising... liked the first one well enough, so I'm eager to see what this one has to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    And I think I hear a bit more of their former Antique-intricacies in these recordings than in the Diving Bell ones, which is utterly to my liking!
    I think that's very true actually. Like with Diving Bell, (hopefully) good songwriting is still the main focus but there's definitely more of a Nuns flavour to this record. Lots of tuned percussion, which we left out for the most part last time around.

Matt.

I really liked Diving Bell, and this one sounds promising as well. Sanguine Hum are starting to creep up my favorite bands list.
    SymfoZone progressive rock radio show: www.symfozone.com

Some new bits and bobs:

Here's the vid for the instrumental track In Code, which is the 3rd song on the album. The video footage is from our making of documentary on the special edition of the album, and was filmed as we recorded the basic track at Evolution Studios, Oxford...the audio on this promo vid is the finished song from the album.

Plus, we have a gig in London on June 7th with Tin Spirits and Matt Stevens. The venue is the Borderline and tickets can be purchased here:

https://www.eventelephant.com/sangui...andmattstevens

Thanks!

Matt.

i love that video there, Matt.

man the new album is SO going to smoke! (menthol lights)

we can't wait. we know it's a brilliant record and we're very excited for it's release.

all the best with this one, you guys

Kim
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Very nice stuff
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Hope to make it to the gig!

I'm saving up money for this. I'm glad it's a spring release; I got the previous album and the ASN EPs during springtime and had them rolling all through summer, usually when licking sun and sipping bubbly poison water, and somehow I got all nostalgic when listening to them during wintertime.

So this one will get inauguration to the summerfold.