Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good God!

Quote Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
    Also saw the band from which they came, Elizabeth.
    One member of Elizabeth, Hank Ransome the drummer, went on to form Good God.

I love finding out about stuff like this. Pretty good.
    <sig out of order>

Quote Originally Posted by rcarlberg View Post
    I read online that Elizabeth shared the stage with Mandrake Memorial many many times, and Linda Cohen was even their drummer(!) for a short while.
    Mandrake Memorial! Have all their LPs, but never got to see them. By the time I went to college in Philly, they were already out of business.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

Quote Originally Posted by GentleFriend View Post
    And a great singer too! FZ "interrupts" one song to shout out his amazing vocal solo on When The Lie Is So Big on the Broadway The Hard Way album
    In a quiet way, Bobby Martin (or Robert Martin as he prefers to be called now) has had an interesting career - lots of Philadelphia sessions (and the Moody Blues album Octave) in the 70's, briefly a member of Orleans, then Zappa's band in the 80's and Cybill Shepherd's lover in the 90's.

Quote Originally Posted by pb2015 View Post
    In a quiet way, Bobby Martin (or Robert Martin as he prefers to be called now) has had an interesting career - lots of Philadelphia sessions (and the Moody Blues album Octave) in the 70's, briefly a member of Orleans, then Zappa's band in the 80's and Cybill Shepherd's lover in the 90's.
    Didn't know about Octave. Is he replacing the unreplaceable Mike Pinder? I don't recall hearing a sign of Pinder on Octave but I always have thought it was his last album with the Moodies. Have to give it another spin trying to spot Mr. Robert Martin ;-)

P.S. Moody Blues did fairly well without Mike Pinder (e.g. Long Distance Voyager). The opposite can't be said, sadly. He was my favorite Moody...

Quote Originally Posted by GentleFriend View Post
    Didn't know about Octave. Is he replacing the unreplaceable Mike Pinder? I don't recall hearing a sign of Pinder on Octave but I always have thought it was his last album with the Moodies. Have to give it another spin trying to spot Mr. Robert Martin ;-)
    Martin is on the song "Driftwood" (french horn and sax I think).