Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Are the USPS and Canada Post getting worse?

Quote Originally Posted by progmatist View Post
    I don't know about FedEx, but UPS will only track a package if the shipper calls, not the end customer.
    The only link on my order was to contact the Seller....no link to the shipper. The time stamp on that new sticker was about an hour after the seller contacted FedEx. (4pm). It was on my porch at 9:30am the next morning. Oh, the Seller? John Deere. I imagine JD does significant business with FedEx.
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    I had it back up in about ten minutes. I wasn't nearly as bothered as the wife was.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    I had it back up in about ten minutes. I wasn't nearly as bothered as the wife was.

It's the second time in the last six months or so. FWIW, the mailbox does not stick out into the street. Just bad or careless drivers.
    Within a day or 2 of moving into the house they owned before the one my parents own now, my Mom backed into the mailbox knocking it over. It was pretty fancy, made of square hollow decorative block, with the box post mortared into the hollow center. My Dad had to replace it with a standard steel box before mail was delivered the next day. He didn't have time to rebuild the nicer one.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

^ Sounds like someone had to do a post-mortem on the post mortared box.

Kudos to the USPS this past week. Tull's A shipped from Kentucky last Thursday from ImportCD. It was expected to arrive this Wednesday.

Looks like it arrived at my local post office at 9AM Monday (yesterday) That is usually a time most letter carriers have their route cased and are leaving the station. My LC must have either been late or checked the parcel bin before leaving because it was in my box 2 Days early!

Over on the JT A thread, it looks like Everyone was promptly receiving their shipment. Let's hope this is the things to come.....
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    There sure us a big difference in how Media Mail and Priority Mail are handled! I'm watching a couple of packages on Informed Delivery.
    One with Priority Mail is due to arrive tomorrow, Saturday, and is currently in Portland, OR.
    One with Media Mail is currently in Jersey City (about 3000 miles closer) and is due to arrive Tuesday.
    "Actually, throughout my life, my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart...not smart, but genius....and a very stable genius at that!"

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    There sure us a big difference in how Media Mail and Priority Mail are handled! I'm watching a couple of packages on Informed Delivery.
    One with Priority Mail is due to arrive tomorrow, Saturday, and is currently in Portland, OR.
    One with Media Mail is currently in Jersey City (about 3000 miles closer) and is due to arrive Tuesday.
    Doesn't fucking make sense, does it?
    "For the near future, there are favorable implications in the fact that the recent reactions have not gone even as far down as the low point, which would have been normal."

^^ Maybe they think if they're handling your media more carefully, they can take longer delivering it.

It’s media, you know? Media travels slowly...
    "Actually, throughout my life, my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart...not smart, but genius....and a very stable genius at that!"

Quote Originally Posted by progmatist View Post
    ^^ Maybe they think if they're handling your media more carefully, they can take longer delivering it.
    Are you suggesting ……. Fondling by the USPS ???
    "Normal is just the average of extremes" - Gary Lessor

Quote Originally Posted by bigbassdrum View Post
    Are you suggesting ……. Fondling by the USPS ???
    That’s a Federal Offense...oh, wait, do those exist anymore? If this thread gets locked, thanks all, it’s been fun!

"I'm shocked, SHOCKED! that fondling is going on here!"
    "A conspiracy of silence speaks louder than words."

- Dr. Winston O'Boogie

It was Jerjo!

Played "hide & Seek" with FedEx yesterday. Website shown as "Delivered" Not on Porch, not in Front courtyard.....found behind a planter on the front driveway.....lazyass couldn't be bothered to travel the 25' to the front door.

^^ There have been several occasions in which the Amazon driver dropped my package on the patio next door, or versa vice. Apparently, some drivers can't read the difference between Unit 155 and Unit 156. Fortunately, my neighbors are honest.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    I made two orders with a company in B.C. (I'm in Ontario) that shipped Canada Express Post on last Monday and Wednesday. They both arrived on time this week. Incredible. When you buy items over $150 - free shipping.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound.

Last month I sent a copy of my new CD (RATS'ALLEYBUYITBUYITBUYIT) from California to Hawaii. The receipt shows that the clerk recorded the correct Hawaiian zip code into their system. So how did the package manage to spend two weeks bouncing back and forth between North and South Carolina???

March 24 - San Mateo, CA
    April 2 - Greensboro, NC
    April 3 12:08 am - Charlotte, NC
    April 3 4:32 am - Rock Hill, SC
    April 3 5:05 am - Charlotte, NC
    April 3 10:14 am - Rock Hill, SC
    April 3 8:05 pm - Charlotte, NC
    April 4 - Rock Hill, SC
    April 6 - Greensboro, NC
    April 7 - Rock Hill, SC
    April 8 - Charlotte, NC
    April 9 - Rock Hill, SC
    April 11- Charlotte, NC
    April 12 - Rock Hill, SC

(Somewhere in there the addressee filed a missing mail report and finally did get the CD.)

^ Are you sure it wasn't South Hawaii?
    I like the part where Icarus hijacks the Little Red Hen.

http://www.discogs.com/user/moecurlythanu/collection

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    Last month I sent a copy of my new CD (RATS'ALLEYBUYITBUYITBUYIT) from California to Hawaii. The receipt shows that the clerk recorded the correct Hawaiian zip code into their system. So how did the package manage to spend two weeks bouncing back and forth between North and South Carolina???

March 24 - San Mateo, CA
    April 2 - Greensboro, NC
    April 4 - Rock Hill, SC
    April 6 - Greensboro, NC
    April 7 - Rock Hill, SC
    April 8 - Charlotte, NC
    April 9 - Rock Hill, SC
    April 11- Charlotte, NC
    April 12 - Rock Hill, SC

(Somewhere in there the addressee filed a missing mail report and finally did get the CD.)
    You blew away my NY to CA "by-way-of-PR" shipment!

Quote Originally Posted by dropforge View Post
    You blew away my NY to CA "by-way-of-PR" shipment!
    I was thinking something similar.

Mr Triscuits should take a screenshot of the tracking info and tweet it for all the world to see.
    "For the near future, there are favorable implications in the fact that the recent reactions have not gone even as far down as the low point, which would have been normal."

March 24 - San Mateo, CA
    April 2 - Greensboro, NC
    April 4 - Rock Hill, SC
    April 6 - Greensboro, NC
    April 7 - Rock Hill, SC
    April 8 - Charlotte, NC
    April 9 - Rock Hill, SC
    April 11- Charlotte, NC
    April 12 - Rock Hill, SC

Almost as bad as flying on Southwest Airlines.

FedEx bounced my guitar to some odd locations and for two days sat on it in Billings MT. I suspect fondling.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

March 24 - San Mateo, CA
    April 2 - Greensboro, NC
    April 4 - Rock Hill, SC
    April 6 - Greensboro, NC
    April 7 - Rock Hill, SC
    April 8 - Charlotte, NC
    April 9 - Rock Hill, SC
    April 11- Charlotte, NC
    April 12 - Rock Hill, SC

Apparently, Rock Hill is a few miles from Charlotte. That must be the main processing location. It's almost like it was stuck on the truck going back and forth between Charlotte and the main facility.
    "A conspiracy of silence speaks louder than words."

- Dr. Winston O'Boogie

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    It was Jerjo!
    I reorganized one row of boxes and some other CDs yesterday. The experience was quite fulfilling. Moving the books around is even more scintillating.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Ordered a CD from a fellow on Discogs, tracking said mailed 04/14, out for delivery on 04/20 and here it is 04/26 and I have not received it.