Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Are the USPS and Canada Post getting worse?

Back before the do not call registry, I got few telemarketing calls trying to sell me subscriptions which didn't interest me in the least. I told them I couldn't read, and they never bothered me again.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by progmatist View Post
    Back before the do not call registry, I got few telemarketing calls trying to sell me subscriptions which didn't interest me in the least. I told them I couldn't read, and they never bothered me again.
    Along the same lines, if you get a call with a consumer survey, tell them that you work in advertising. It's will disqualify you.
    "A conspiracy of silence speaks louder than words."

- Dr. Winston O'Boogie

Reminds me of this scene from Seinfeld:

"For the near future, there are favorable implications in the fact that the recent reactions have not gone even as far down as the low point, which would have been normal."

Week before last, I sent a card to my nephew for his 18th birthday. In a senior moment, I wrote down my own zip code instead of his. But every other part of the address was correct. Yesterday, it was returned to me as undeliverable. Not at all that long ago, the USPS would've completed delivery based on the house number, street and city. Not say, "Duh! There's no such address in this zip code!"

Last month, I got one of those "postage due" notes in my mailbox. They wanted $3.99 to deliver the letter? I ignored it. My sister-in-law sent one of those little boxes of candy with a valentine from St. Pete, FL and forgot to put postage on it. The USPS processed it all the way to WA state and my local Post Office. Why did the letter leave the St. Pete distribution center without postage? She mailed it a week Before Valentines Day and I received it a week After Valentines Day. I don't think that justifies First Class Postage rates......but then again.....maybe This will be the "new normal." As of today, I never received a Second notice nor has my Sis-in-law received the package back. It's probably sitting on that pallet of PROG magazines in a corner in Oklahoma.
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

Got an email update on a package mailed from the east coast on the 12th of March: out for delivery!

^^ Almost as bad as when a high-school friend ordered Black Sabbath Live at Last in the early 80s. It was sent 4th class mail and took a month or two to arrive.

Slightly OS: I don't know if other Burning Shed-buyers from Europe noticed it too, but since Brexit the packages arrive a lot quicker then when the UK were still in the EU. Before it took more than 2 weeks, now it's within a week.

^^ Almost as bad as when a high-school friend ordered Black Sabbath Live at Last in the early 80s. It was sent 4th class mail and took a month or two to arrive.
    Ah, the "good old days" of 3rd & 4th Class Mail! As we know, both became Media Mail.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Every package sent to me now, even small 1st class, visit Distribution Centers in 4 or 5 different States before arriving here. And thatís sometimes AFTER being handed off by UPS to the USPS. Priority Mail packages being send relatively close do seem to arrive quickly.

I donít think you can just CHOOSE Priority Mail over First Class though. They (the USPS) always determine it based on size and weight).

Iím waiting for a CD sent First Class from Ohio, and so far itís gone OH > PA > NJ > NY but not here yet! I THINK Iíll get it by Tuesday (itís Sunday now).

Also, I think my days of ordering anything from the UK are over because rates are so high. Except Racket Records. Unless rates go back down! Good for US vendors, sort of. Of course, their rates have gone up too, at least to get stuff in from the UK.
    "Actually, throughout my life, my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart...not smart, but genius....and a very stable genius at that!"

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Also, I think my days of ordering anything from the UK are over because rates are so high. Except Racket Records. Unless rates go back down! Good for US vendors, sort of. Of course, their rates have gone up too, at least to get stuff in from the UK.

That's strange because there must be something about Commonwealth countries. I made a recent order from the U.S. to Canada that was $22 U.S. and cancelled and got the same item shipped from the UK for $8 U.S.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound.

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    That's strange because there must be something about Commonwealth countries. I made a recent order from the U.S. to Canada that was $22 U.S. and cancelled and got the same item shipped from the UK for $8 U.S.
    It's partly that the US dollar is weaker now compared to the British pound than it was a year ago. Not sure how the Canadian dollar is doing - I think it's now stronger compared to the US dollar than it was a year ago. We're probably paying for our free vaccinations! Which is sort of ok.
    "Actually, throughout my life, my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart...not smart, but genius....and a very stable genius at that!"

I'm watching a package coming from some random place in Georgia, and so far it's gone from Georgia to Nashville, then spent two days travelling away from and then BACK TO the same facility in Nashville, then to somewhere in Mississippi close to Memphis. So it's so far spent three days travelling away from me. Nice work, Dejoy!

My problems right now are FedEx and DHL

Package mailed (Michigan) last Monday....toured Ohio, Iowa, Kansas before landing in Minnesota last Friday......where it has been ever since.

DHL....who the Hell knows when that will show up. I see the local DHL delivery truck almost every day parked at the city park near my home. Long lunch hours?
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Quote Originally Posted by Garyhead View Post
    My problems right now are FedEx and DHL

Package mailed (Michigan) last Monday....toured Ohio, Iowa, Kansas before landing in Minnesota last Friday......where it has been ever since.

DHL....who the Hell knows when that will show up. I see the local DHL delivery truck almost every day parked at the city park near my home. Long lunch hours?
    The first package was sent via FedEx? Did you talk to FedEx at all? What did they say?

The first package was sent via FedEx? Did you talk to FedEx at all? What did they say?
    I got a quick reply from the Seller. They apologized profusely and commented that they have been having problems with FedEx as of late. If I do not receive it tomorrow they will send another (lawn mower grass bag)

Remember "When It Has To Absolutely Get There Overnight?" It has now spent 7 days in a Minnesota distribution center.

I got a quick reply from the Seller. They apologized profusely and commented that they have been having problems with FedEx as of late. If I do not receive it tomorrow they will send another (lawn mower grass bag)

Remember "When It Has To Absolutely Get There Overnight?" It has now spent 7 days in a Minnesota distribution center.
    But you didn't call FedEx yourself with the tracking number? I would have wanted to see what their explanation was, if any.

Aaaaand just like that....the package just dropped at my front door! From Osseo, MN to my porch overnight!.....still .....14 days from Michigan to Washington is a bit lame.

You guys think you have mail problems? A DHL truck just knocked my mailbox off its post with his side-view mirror and drove away.

- Dr. Winston O'Boogie

But you didn't call FedEx yourself with the tracking number? I would have wanted to see what their explanation was, if any.
    I don't know about FedEx, but UPS will only track a package if the shipper calls, not the end customer.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    You guys think you have mail problems? A DHL truck just knocked my mailbox off its post with his side-view mirror and drove away.
    I know that's not funny, but...

"For the near future, there are favorable implications in the fact that the recent reactions have not gone even as far down as the low point, which would have been normal."

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    I know that's not funny, but...

I had it back up in about ten minutes. I wasn't nearly as bothered as the wife was.

It's the second time in the last six months or so. FWIW, the mailbox does not stick out into the street. Just bad or careless drivers.

- Dr. Winston O'Boogie

Aaaaand just like that....the package just dropped at my front door! From Osseo, MN to my porch overnight!.....still .....14 days from Michigan to Washington is a bit lame.
    There was an additional new sticker on it.....overnight delivery.

There was an additional new sticker on it.....overnight delivery.
    Ahh, but did it specify which night?

- Dr. Winston O'Boogie