Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Are the USPS and Canada Post getting worse?

I expected it to take longer, but a package made it to its Canadian destination address in 4 days!

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    I ordered 10 strains of pot, 10 small packages measuring one OZ, from B.C. and it arrived here in Ottawa in 2 days. Sampled it last night! That, despite snow storms all week. I miss the Roachweed thread.

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    I ordered 10 strains of pot, 10 small packages measuring one OZ, from B.C. and it arrived here in Ottawa in 2 days. Sampled it last night! That, despite snow storms all week. I miss the Roachweed thread.
    Meanwhile a CD mailed to me from Mississauga to Burlington on Monday is still not here. If it arrives this coming Monday, that's a full week - I could drive there in 20 minutes.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk

^That's nuts.

It's official: first "lost" package. The seller credited me back, but I did want the merch. UPS Mail Innovations "transferred" it to the USPS, and nothing since 2/6. Lame.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Thanks, USPS, for arranging to have my Express mail package circle around in the same county for about four days now with no arrival time in sight. That was easily worth $25 or so to ship quickly.

I had a package get stuck at a post office for about 5 days. When I contacted the USPS to ask what was up, it turned out the shipper wrapped the address label around a corner of the box. The portion of the label with my actual address got damaged, so the address was no longer legible. After contacting the USPS, they finally knew where it was supposed to go, and sent the package on its merry way.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

I ordered a couple of the Stick Men boxes that were shipped in late October, sent out from Austria. Around Thanksgiving, when I inquired about the whereabouts of the merchandise, I was informed that a new shipment would be sent out.
    Almost four weeks later, a parcel arrived containing only one of the boxes, not the two that I ordered.
    Another inquiry resulted in the shipment of another box, which arrived in January about the same time as the original package with the boxes I'd ordered in the first place, which I had to arrange to ship back.
    No barcodes or postmarks of any kind were placed on these packages, and no tracking was provided. I have to say I'm not impressed with the Austrian postal system.

It's not much better with private carrier UPS. On one occasion, I ordered an item UPS 2nd day air. My package took a side trip to Dallas TX, spending an entire day on a route. It apparently took all day for the driver to realize it was destined for another time zone, not just another city. Rather than owning up to their mistake, UPS simply erased the Dallas side trip from the tracking history, as if it never happened.

On another occasion, the driver couldn't be bothered to come to my door. Instead, he had my apartment manager sign for it. When I called UPS to ask what the f*** happened to my package, I was told it was delivered to the office, at a slightly different address 2 streets over. I went to that small business complex only to find there was no managerial office there. I called UPS again and was told in order to track the package, I'd have to go through the original shipper, Musicians Friend. It wasn't until the next day I went to the apartment complex office on another matter, the manager told me she had my package.

EDIT: What can Brown do for me?!? How about actually delivering my package to *ME*, by the 2nd day, like I paid you to do?!!?
    Last edited by progmatist; 02-18-2020 at 02:51 PM.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama