Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Magma Zess

Quote Originally Posted by Zeuhlmate View Post
    Good version !
    PB and CV are extra killing it on this performance.....!
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeuhlmate View Post
    Good version ! The audience apparently doesnt know it to well, since they cant shut up in the 'dead-silence break' in part 1 (10:37).
    This was recorded at Le Guess Who festival in Utrecht. Most of the audience didn’t know Magma. I was there especially to see them.

PB and CV are extra killing it on this performance.....!
    To me, PB is the most amazing and exciting bassist alive. Some of the lines he has to play are so complicated it is mind boggling. Just think of the concentration needed just to play Maahnt!

I'm not lazy. I just work so fast I'm always done.

How much of a structural change is there in comparison to the versions we know?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    A vie, a mort, et apres...

Quote Originally Posted by karel hupjé View Post
    This was recorded at Le Guess Who festival in Utrecht. Most of the audience didn’t know Magma. I was there especially to see them.
    Ha, I was there too! (Also to see Faust and also Annette Peacock and there were some other treats there as well, great festival)

PS even though the crowd didn't know them, they were very well received and I am sure they won some new fans there! After the show I looked for the merch table and it turns out most of the items were sold out!

Quote Originally Posted by Dana5140 View Post
    I am in this video My first Magma concert. I was in tears by the end of Kohntarkosz.
    Last edited by Marco; 05-11-2019 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Here's the EPK

This is going to be AWESOME.
    My goodness....Zeuhl and big orchestra? My impression is that it sounds more like late Magma funky period (Attahk, Merci)..

Morgan Agren?!?!? We Kaipa (and Mats/Morgan) fans already know. Magma fans are in for a treat!!!
    The Prog Corner

Does Vander really want to finish Magma career after Zess? Is it true? Any information?

Quote Originally Posted by miamiscot View Post
    Morgan Agren?!?!? We Kaipa (and Mats/Morgan) fans already know. Magma fans are in for a treat!!!
    Most Magma fans would know Ĺgren from other connections already. Why on Earth his Wiki-page apparently designates him as primarily the drummer in Kaipa remains something of a mysterious secret, seeing as the largest portion of his work has occurred elsewhere and often with names that are internationally (fairly) well known, like Bill Laswell, Trevor Dunn, Fredrik Thordendal, Raoul Björkenheim, Devin Townshend, Stĺle Storlřkken and The Flesh Quartet.

He's a great pick to sit in for Vander.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    Most Magma fans would know Ĺgren from other connections already. Why on Earth his Wiki-page apparently designates him as primarily the drummer in Kaipa remains something of a mysterious secret, seeing as the largest portion of his work has occurred elsewhere and often with names that are internationally (fairly) well known, like Bill Laswell, Trevor Dunn, Fredrik Thordendal, Raoul Björkenheim, Devin Townshend, Stĺle Storlřkken and The Flesh Quartet.

He's a great pick to sit in for Vander.
    - Morgan did a long interview with Christian some years ago and Mats/Morgan was support for Magma in Helsingborg 3-4 years ago.
    Morgan also toured with The Band From Utopia, the best drummer they ever had.

Does Vander really want to finish Magma career after Zess? Is it true? Any information?
    Doubtful. Magma has a full slate of concerts planned into 2020.
    I'm not lazy. I just work so fast I'm always done.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekanik Zain View Post
    Not true. Vander said in several interviews that this isn't the end.

I don't know how to make the attachment larger, but clic on it for full size.

MAGMA PACKSHOT.jpg
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

I've booked Stockholm for Magma - I've never traveled abroad for a specific band in my life. It's going to be end of October, I hope my balls don't freeze off.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post

MAGMA PACKSHOT.jpg
    Beautiful. I cannot wait for this one.

Thanks for sharing!

I am going to see Magma in Finland at Sideways Festival next week. Do you think they will play Zess?
    My progressive music site: https://pienemmatpurot.com/ Reviews in English: https://pienemmatpurot.com/in-english/

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post

MAGMA PACKSHOT.jpg
    it's easy. Post the vinyl instead of the CD.

Quote Originally Posted by Zappathustra View Post
    it's easy. Post the vinyl instead of the CD.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Not true. Vander said in several interviews that this isn't the end.
    I see...thanks...By the way, in order to complete Kobaia catalog Magma could make studio version of Theusz Hamtaahk...What do you think gentlemen?
    Last edited by Mekanik Zain; 06-03-2019 at 07:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekanik Zain View Post
    I see...thanks...By the way, in order to complete Kobaia catalog Magma could make studio version of Theusz Hamtaahk...What do you think gentlemen?
    I sure wish it happened but I don't think it will. Vander seems to be satisfied with the version on Retrospektiw. It's a shame because the wild guitar and bass interplay during the double tempo march is near impossible to hear clearly on that version.

true but Magma have limited time, if they're gonna make more studio albums I'd love to hear something new
    Critter Jams "album of the week" blog: http://critterjams.wordpress.com

Zëss arrivided today!
    My progressive music site: https://pienemmatpurot.com/ Reviews in English: https://pienemmatpurot.com/in-english/

I regret not preordering it. Will have to wait until it comes out on digital.

I will get mine from Wayside when they get it