Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Magma Zess

An early version of the finale, "Dümgëhl Blaö"

Quote Originally Posted by unclemeat View Post
    An early version of the finale, "Dümgëhl Blaö"
    Makes you wonder what the album would be like if James MacGaw were still in the band

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    A vie, a mort, et apres...

Quote Originally Posted by jazz2896 View Post
    Makes you wonder what the album would be like if James MacGaw were still in the band

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I was thinking the exact same thing. I knew he wasn't going to be on it and I knew it would be lacking in the guitar Department

I just saw Magma live for the first time in my life and they blew me out of my socks!

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zappathustra View Post
    I just saw Magma live for the first time in my life and they blew me out of my socks!
    That first time is like seeing the face of god isn't it?
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Pretty much!

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post

qft
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

I'm in Bergen for a 50-years' birthday today, but I'm returning to Oslo for Magma at Cosmopolite tomorrow.

Haven't seen them in Norway since they did (the considerably larger) Sentrum scene (with Panzerpappa as support) 12 years ago.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    I'm in Bergen for a 50-years' birthday today, but I'm returning to Oslo for Magma at Cosmopolite tomorrow.

Haven't seen them in Norway since they did (the considerably larger) Sentrum scene (with Panzerpappa as support) 12 years ago.
    Wow, man! Hope you have a great time! Let us know how the show was please.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post

You'll love it Richard. Christian is as present and creative as always. They played De Futura and Wurdah Itah in its entirety and some other great oldies.
    The guy is rhythm incarnated!

(I would have done Oslo if I knew they would play there too. But Stockholm is such a beautiful city too)

I was there.
    It was as great as ever!
    Different versions as usual, surprises as usual. I missed Isabelle Feuillebois though.

Sendt fra min BLA-L29 med Tapatalk

This is an experience that my organism still cannot process. Cannot really contain it. The level of sheer presence in Vander's playing is beyond human.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeuhlmate View Post
    I was there.
    You mean Stockholm, or Oslo? If it's Stockholm, I would have loved to meet you - even buy you a beer - despite the fact that they charge gold for it !

This is an experience that my organism still cannot process. Cannot really contain it. The level of sheer presence in Vander's playing is beyond human.
    I feel the same way...but, about Phillipe Bussonet's bass playing! Vander is amazing too, of course.

neil

I was there.
    It was as great as ever!
    Different versions as usual, surprises as usual. I missed Isabelle Feuillebois though.

Sendt fra min BLA-L29 med Tapatalk
    I understand she has suffered some fairly intense low back pain? And me a chiropractor! Drat!

Full version:
    I'm not lazy. I just work so fast I'm always done.

Quote Originally Posted by Dana5140 View Post
    I understand she has suffered some fairly intense low back pain? And me a chiropractor! Drat!

Full version:
    Nice!
    Shame about the VVS! ;-)

Neck pain, with radiation down both arms. Hmmm, that can't be good at 56 years old.

This, as well:

You mean Stockholm, or Oslo? If it's Stockholm, I would have loved to meet you - even buy you a beer - despite the fact that they charge gold for it !
    Oslo that was

That would have been great - but with the beer prices in Oslo, we would have had to share the beer

Last edited by Zeuhlmate; 11-04-2019 at 06:24 PM.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    De Futura!!

Oh my. Please let this 'tour' come to America.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Dallas, to be sure. :-) With Isabelle.

It was as great as ever!
    It was astounding.

I'm no longer much of a traveler, mostly due to my serious insomnia issues which become an extra challenge on the road, and social events + drink often worsen it. I came off my flight back from Bergen at 15:00, caught the train into Oslo and walked to my small apartment there, basically not having slept at all for some good 57 hours. A quick wash and change, some Scotch for the nerves, some spins of ol' Zeuhl in the livingroom and then off to Torshov, which is a 30+ minutes' stroll from where I live. I ws absolutely beat by the time I got there, didn't even bother to seek out the bar - just went straight to the floor and stood there. And then they came… And started.

"De Füturä" - fucking "De Füturä"! And by the commence of the chanting, I was already home.

I had one - 1 - bottle of San Miguel during the whole ordeal. Just stood there, tapping my shoe and humming along. When it was all over, I trudged through November chills back to St. Hanshaugen and slept like a demon baby.
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Wow, someone actually just went in solely to downrate this thread due to my post an hour back. That's obviously very interesting, and it really makes me wonder.

Deeply and with commitment.

How can anybody downrate a Magma thread?

Unless they are dissapointed that this thread isn't strictly Zess - which they didn't play in Oslo and Stockholm.
    I had hopes since Morgan Aagren lives in the neighbourhood...

They downrate it not because of specifics as concern the contents, but due to the contents themselves - which they can't relate to. Plus, it was an attempt to put down my post (i.e. me) without having to be "seen". Although I know who it is, I know where he lives and I am going to find him and eat his brain with some tomatobeans and a can of tempered Dr. Pepper.

That's an estiamte of relevance.