Thread: Us, Today from Cincinnatti

Us, Today from Cincinnatti

Us, Today are a fine, quirky trio out of Cincinnatti, OH who use vibes, guitar, drums, electronics, etc etc.

They say :
    "Us, Today is a trio (drums, guitar, vibraphone) based out of Cincinnati, Ohio. Their style is best described as an avant-garde blend of post-rock, minimalism, jazz and electronic music, with a heavy emphasis on experimentation."

I saw them knowing nothing about them, in February, 2017 and they really were great.

They have a new album coming out 6/15; you can hear it / buy it on BandCamp (commercial insertation here - We're also stocking at Wayside Music and it's due on Tuesday or Wednesday).

The main reason I was posting here is that they will be on tour over the next few months, and I think they are well, well worth catching. See here or below

Jun 15
    The Woodward Theater
    Cincinnati, OH

Jun 22
    Happy Dog
    Cleveland, OH

Jul 06
    Be Here Now
    Muncie, IN

Jul 13
    Yellow Cab Tavern
    Dayton, OH

Jul 14
    Fireside Inn Dive Bar
    Detroit, MI

Jul 27
    Victory's Live
    Columbus, OH

Jul 28
    Infringement Festival
    Buffalo, NY

Jul 29
    Milkies
    Buffalo, NY

Aug 04
    The East Room
    Nashville, TN

Sep 01
    Rhizome
    Washington, DC

Sep 14
    Pawpaw Festival
    New Albany, OH

If you go see them, report back in this thread!
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    I have the TENEMIES album and it is quite excellent, would love to see them live but doesn't look like they are anywhere me this time. Oh well, I'll keep an eye open for next time and buy the album in a week.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Thanks to a heads up from Steve, I've been listening to this group for over a year. Great band!

Loving this so far!
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Nice sound from the two tunes that I heard. They are one letter away from being named after a famous American newspaper....hmmmm.
    If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

"And it's only the giving
    That makes you what you are" - Ian Anderson

This is very good. Although their music isn't all that reminiscent, they still somewhat resemble Ergo in their highly updated take on a diverse formula. I'll have to hear more of them.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Cool stuff. Ordered.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

These are very good tunes.

Those who dig might also check out another contemporary vibes-driven power trio, France's MeTaL-O-PHoNe, who have two albums out on Collectif Coax. I favour the first one:

https://collectifcoax.bandcamp.com/album/metal-o-phone
    “your ognna pay pay with my wrath of ballbat”

Bandcamp Profile

Pretty cool..."slightly" reminds me of Tunnels but missing the fretless bass of P. Jones.
    G.A.S -aholic