Page 79 of 84 FirstFirst ... 2969757677787980818283 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,975 of 2098

Thread: Stoner!

Agreed, a bit grungy and raw but there's something about it that grabs me.

Flipping through the CD racks I came across this disc. Playing it right now in the office. Some righteous fury and slow burn riffing here.

https://egypt1.bandcamp.com/album/egypt
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

And another band covers "Working Man"...

You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Just came across this Stoner YoutTube channel that seems to have a load of interesting stuff - maybe I'm the last one on the bus?

Stoned Meadow Of Doom

I found it via the comments on this album:

^^^
    I'd call this more post-rock than stoner rock, but let's call it Post-Stoner Rock

my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Just came across this Stoner YoutTube channel that seems to have a load of interesting stuff - maybe I'm the last one on the bus?
    That's one of the couple of stoner band YT channels I've been posting albums and songs from.
    You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...

Help! I've fallen into the Causa Sui rabbit hole! I was reading and listening till 5am last night!

Stoned Meadow Of Doom
    He is currently banned from most bands/fans of the scene due to the owner's constant racist hate speech on social media. 2020 was the end year for him.

https://monsterriff.com/2020/08/08/a...meadow-of-doom

Now everybody is on Mr. Doom
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Someone recommended last year’s Samsarra Blues Experiment album, End of Forever (their last album as they’ve disbanded). I can’t find the mention now, but I’m listening now and the album is good!

Can't read a thing, but this is freakin' cool...!

Someone recommended last year’s Samsarra Blues Experiment album, End of Forever (their last album as they’ve disbanded). I can’t find the mention now, but I’m listening now and the album is good!
    I missed this one. I have all the others and think they are all very good. It appears they took down their bandcamp page and this album isn't available anymore, which is a bummer.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Mountain View Post
    I missed this one. I have all the others and think they are all very good. It appears they took down their bandcamp page and this album isn't available anymore, which is a bummer.
    Be very careful while attempting to purchase the LP. Many copies were misspressed and the vinyl suffers from serious defects. I had to switch four of them before settling down with an accepteble one.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Enjoying the new Domkraft album

Howling Giant - Black Hole Space Wizard: Part 2 Righteous and furious sludge!
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Flipping through the CD racks I came across this disc. Playing it right now in the office. Some righteous fury and slow burn riffing here.

https://egypt1.bandcamp.com/album/egypt
    Their best album and too bad they did not follow up in this vein. I think I have 4 copies of it - two on CD and two on vinyl (of different color).
    "Confusion Will Be My Epitaph"

That someone could be me, with the thread on the Main Board "On the Heavy side of things" ... not a very popular thread there it seems.
    https://www.progressiveears.org/foru...side-of-things

What do you think of the 2nd album there "Vision Beyond Horizon by BIG SCENIC NOWHERE?
    Also excellent album ... and from veterans of stoner /desert rock from the bands like Fu Manchu, Yawning Man and Mos Generator

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Mountain View Post
    Samsara Blues Experiment - End of Forever is indeed very difficult to get on this side of the pond, was lucky to get it on CD.

Help! I've fallen into the Causa Sui rabbit hole! I was reading and listening till 5am last night!
    Good stuff, as most of the releases from the El Paraiso Records. Certainly need to explore more of them as I only have few albums from Causa Sui and Papir.
    https://elparaisorecords.com/artists

Sorry if this has already been posted, but I’m really enjoying this album. King Buffalo toured with All Them Witches I think.

But for some reason I can no longer find the info to embed an album from Bandcamp?

So:

https://kingbuffalo.bandcamp.com/alb...f-restlessness

Sorry if this has already been posted, but I’m really enjoying this album. King Buffalo toured with All Them Witches I think.

But for some reason I can no longer find the info to embed an album from Bandcamp?

So:

https://kingbuffalo.bandcamp.com/alb...f-restlessness
    Have it already on vinyl and CD. It is the 1st title of the three (all new material) that were supposed to have been released this year. Evidently this will not happen as there are delays with vinyl pressings - true for everyone now.
    But also look up my thread on lockdown concerts, they have four of them there covering basically each previous album. Actually they were posted on YouTube, so you should be able to find them easily there.

As for the bandcamp insert you need to go to advanced editing and pick up [BC] insert. The most difficult part is finding the album's ID, that needs to be inserted between the tags. The way I do it, if you right click on the picture and choose inspect you will find it buried somewhere there... but here you go:

I'm starting to get into the genre..., anybody want to put up a top ten list?
    no tunes, no dynamics, no nosebone

Hunt down Weedpecker III immediately!

Quote Originally Posted by nosebone View Post
    My opinion of course and these are all fairly modern, but here's 10 off the top of my cranium...

Elder
    Samsara Blues Experiment
    Mr Bison
    Slift
    All Them Witches
    Howling Giant
    Somali Yacht Club
    Weedpecker
    Church of the Cosmic Skull
    King Buffalo
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by nosebone View Post
    Here's what pushes my buttons:

Fu Manchu - fuzzed-out California stoner, only albums I'd avoid are the debut and Start the Machine (too much like punk)

Wo Fat - thick analog bluesy 3-piece from Texas. First album hadn't quite defined their sound yet but all great after that.

The Sword - any of the first 4 albums, after that they took a weird turn into an indie-rock sound

Sleep - their latest, "The Sciences"... wish they'd re-record their earlier albums from 20 years ago with their current sound

Sasquatch - huge sounding, heavy fuzz 70's rock riffing, vocalist sounds a bit like Chris Cornell

Bonehawk - two albums of classic rock utilizing a Thin Lizzy approach with constructed twin guitar instrumental sections as opposed to aimless soloing

Elder - monumental blend of stoner/psych/prog, a huge sound from only a 3-piece. First album hadn't quite defined their sound yet but all great after that.

Spiritual Beggars - authentic-sounding retro throwback to the 70's sounds of Deep Purple, Uriah Heep, etc... could have headlined the California Jam

Lord Fowl - another band with a Thin Lizzy approach to the guitars

Earthless - huge sounding 3-piece, heavy instrumental guitar jamming

Others I like - Heavy Trip, Mos Generator, Sons of Otis, Electric Mountain, Blue Snaggletooth... probably forgetting a few obvious ones...
    Last edited by Garden Dreamer; 09-27-2021 at 07:00 AM.

Glowsun - Eternal Season
    Papir - Stundum
    Pyramidal - Frozen Galaxies

The best thing is that nearly all the bands in these last few posts are on Bandcamp and thus easily sampled.