Page 76 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2666727374757677787980 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,900 of 2104

Thread: Stoner!

I like how he takes "Planet Caravan" (instead of f.e. "Sweet Leaf") as his main influence, spices it up with a doze of early B.O.C. keys and the acid haziness of desert rock. Definitely not your average stoner rock album.

Last edited by spacefreak; 02-26-2020 at 11:06 AM.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Get pumped for some new ELDER coming April 24!

For Omens, Elder strive to delve into sonic minimalism, focusing less on the epic and expeditious dynamics of their previous works.

“To me, Omens is our most complete work to date: a set of songs that express the breadth of the band's collective influences,” explains singer/guitar player Nick DiSalvo. “After recording The Gold & Silver Sessions EP, it felt like we fully scratched the itch to explore our minimalist side, taking a step back from the proggy song structures and heavy guitar work of our previous records and just letting the music drift along."

He continued, "When beginning to work on Omens, the goal was to integrate these two tendencies in the band - to make a modern day progressive rock record, but also to take time to jam and float when need be. Most importantly, I feel the spirit of adventure in our music is alive and well, and we missed no opportunity to bring in a whole new arsenal of sounds to the record.”
    You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...

Got a note from Small Stone Records about a new album coming from Lord Fowl. Checked out the sample song and liked it, found out they have two albums already that I like a lot!! Some Thin Lizzy type twin guitar parts, some Kiss type riffing, two lead vocalists, some watery psychedelic guitars, some heavy The Sword type parts... I hear a lot of different stuff throughout all their tunes...

You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...

New Lowrider album...

Quote Originally Posted by Garden Dreamer View Post
    New Lowrider album...
    ...and a great one as well.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Didn't know a new Mos Generator album came out last year...

Loving me some Electric Octopus...!

Wow, found this, didn't expect much as it had ZERO comments, but I love it and gonna buy it on bandcamp..

[/QUOTE]

Very good album from Cyprus.

Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Get pumped for some new ELDER coming April 24!

For Omens, Elder strive to delve into sonic minimalism, focusing less on the epic and expeditious dynamics of their previous works.

“To me, Omens is our most complete work to date: a set of songs that express the breadth of the band's collective influences,” explains singer/guitar player Nick DiSalvo. “After recording The Gold & Silver Sessions EP, it felt like we fully scratched the itch to explore our minimalist side, taking a step back from the proggy song structures and heavy guitar work of our previous records and just letting the music drift along."

He continued, "When beginning to work on Omens, the goal was to integrate these two tendencies in the band - to make a modern day progressive rock record, but also to take time to jam and float when need be. Most importantly, I feel the spirit of adventure in our music is alive and well, and we missed no opportunity to bring in a whole new arsenal of sounds to the record.”
    Now playing it:
    - First listening: nice!

Regards!.
    Pura Vida!.

There are two kinds of music. Good music, and the other kind. ∞
    Duke Ellington.

L'Eclair - Full Performance (Live on KEXP)

I'm not sure if they fit under the stoner moniker anymore but Elder has a new album and it is great

https://beholdtheelder.bandcamp.com/album/omens
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Revisiting....The Sword.....Warp Riders.

Awesome, killer, Sabbathy, Trouble-ish metal.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    Revisiting....The Sword.....Warp Riders.

Awesome, killer, Sabbathy, Trouble-ish metal.
    Nice, Vic! How about that Thin Lizzy vibe in "Night City"?

Elder back with another masterpiece.... some keys added to the mix!

NP: Sleep......Antarticans Thawed. 15 minutes of stoned out sludge. Awesome.

Nice, Vic! How about that Thin Lizzy vibe in "Night City"?
    Yeah. My favorite track is Chronomancer: Hubris.

Anyone ever hear any of the Wo Fat releases after Black Code (2012)? I have Black Code but am curious if they maintained their mojo,
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    NP: Sleep......Antarticans Thawed. 15 minutes of stoned out sludge. Awesome.
    Probably my favorite Sleep track... although they're all great.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Anyone ever hear any of the Wo Fat releases after Black Code (2012)? I have Black Code but am curious if they maintained their mojo,
    I have both The Conjuring and Three Minutes to Midnight. They don't break any new ground but if you like what they do (and I can't get enough) then get 'em. The Conjuring is good, TMM is great.

NP: Sabbath......Master Of Reality.

3-piece instrumental analog goodness...

Here's something I just put up on YouTube. It's definitely spacey and atmospheric and I think it falls under the Stoner header.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A gentleman is defined as someone who knows how to play the accordion, and doesn't.

This came up on my YT feed:

Band: Stoned Jesus.... (what a band name)

Track: I'm The Mountain

It's 13 minutes of stoned out, sludge prog.

Nice Sabbathy proto-metal with a touch of stoner. Really enjoying it lately. This is where Witchcraft should have been at...

From Bergen, Norway.

Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS