Page 72 of 85 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682 ... LastLast
Results 1,776 to 1,800 of 2106

Thread: Stoner!

Quote Originally Posted by IMWeasel View Post
    King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard.
    I'd rather file them under the neopsych category and the sonic tradition of bands like Acid Mothers Temple, due to their intensity (especially in live shows). Interesting and enjoyable band, though somewhat repetitive, probably because of being over-productive.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    We're trying to build a monument to show that we were here
    It won't be visible through the air
    And there won't be any shade to cool the monument to prove that we were here. - Gene Parsons, 1973

I'm sure many of you here will be well aware of this album (I'm late to the party), but I recently picked this up on cd and it's just awesomely relentless:

Yeah that Earthless album is great. Could never get into High on Fire despite Matt Pike, but I have still been listening to the new Sleep album relentlessly!
    You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...

One of the best I've listened to, this year...

Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Quote Originally Posted by kid_runningfox View Post
    I'm sure many of you here will be well aware of this album (I'm late to the party), but I recently picked this up on cd and it's just awesomely relentless:

Relentless is the word. Saw them live a few months back and I literally had to back away from the satge about an hour in, just to catch my breath.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Along with the new Sleep album, this may be my stoner album of the year. Newest one by Spaceslug:

Quote Originally Posted by spacefreak View Post
    One of the best I've listened to, this year...

Gonna explore in depth...

Quote Originally Posted by kid_runningfox View Post

I like these guys, but all the guitar burns me out after a while. I'd like to hear other instruments now and then Hell of a player though!
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Along with the new Sleep album, this may be my stoner album of the year. Newest one by Spaceslug:

Yeah...this is a good one. Haven't bought it yet as I'm still slowly pickin it apart on Bandcamp, but I'll own it soon.

Any fans of Caspian in here? It may be more post rock than stoner, but it's real nice stuff. Great to chill and drive to...

Probably been mentioned but hearing this for the first time. I get these obscure albums on my front page feed on Youtube that catch me by surprise frequently. So I'm listening to a British group called Leaf Hound (Growers of Mushroom 1971). I'm not stoned, but just the name of the band, title of the album, and cover art are enough to get a buzz on.

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    I like these guys, but all the guitar burns me out after a while. I'd like to hear other instruments now and then Hell of a player though!
    Yes, this is a two-disc set, but I usually find that one is more than enough!!

Did we mention the new Forming The Void album here??

I like it, Yves, but I don't really hear anything new. I'll give it more time of course...

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    I like it, Yves, but I don't really hear anything new. I'll give it more time of course...
    I agree it's almost the same as Relic. It was an auto-buy but if the next one is more of the same, I probably have all the FTV I need. I find that with a lot of bands in this genre. 1 or 2 are all you need. I'm even finding that with a lot of the psych bands now too. I have curbed my buying lately because of it.

New Clutch...

You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...

Any thoughts about all Them Witches' latest S/T album??

Certainly an improvement over their previous fourth album; IMHO
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

I saw them live last fall but I do not own a single one of their albums. I'll have to sample the latest one.

their best (until this one) was Dying Surfer Meets His Maker, IMHO.... their second or third.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

I've been listening to the last two albums on Bandcamp this week. The new one is fine but I think its predecessor was bolder.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Been listening to a group called ........The Sword. I've heard Warp Riders, which is much better than Age Of Winters. Age Of Winters is good but it's typical, stoner/doom ( which gets monotonous after 10 minutes or so. Warp Riders sounds tighter, less grunged out.

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    their best (until this one) was Dying Surfer Meets His Maker, IMHO.... their second or third.
    This one is my favorite also...start to finish it is flat out awesome. I love this band. The last one grew on me a lot with repeated listens. Some cool stuff in there, but yeah, not as good as previous two. I have the new one downloaded and I'm waiting to sink my teeth in...

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    Been listening to a group called ........The Sword. I've heard Warp Riders, which is much better than Age Of Winters. Age Of Winters is good but it's typical, stoner/doom ( which gets monotonous after 10 minutes or so. Warp Riders sounds tighter, less grunged out.
    The first four Sword albums are great. I think I like "Apocryphon" the best at the moment but "Warp Riders" is also right up there. "Night City" is the best Thin Lizzy song never written/recorded by Thin Lizzy. The last two albums however, the band turned into ... something else...pretty indistinct indie rock is the best I can come up with.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Anyone listened to the new All Them Witches album? I've only heard a teaser.