Page 52 of 85 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 2104

Thread: Stoner!

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Now playing while the Twins are hammering the Tigers: Dark Fog - Cult of Dark Psychosis. Sometimes I think this CD is more shoegazer than stoner but whatever, it's a helluva wall of sound.
    I have most of Dark Fog's releases. 'wall of sound' is right!

You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...

Set up a playlist for my phone and iPad called 4:20. I think you know what kind of music that yields.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Here's a new single by All Them Witches:

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archive...em_wiches.html

it's not been my intention to hijack this thread, but it seems to have happened.

I could not get into Kadavar before... Now I like them. Guess it took some live stuff to 'get' them, but I'm into their studio stuff now.

Fascinating, I know. that's what's kept this thread going until now...
    Last edited by davis; 09-07-2015 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by davis View Post
    Here's a new single by All Them Witches:

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archive...em_wiches.html

Yeah, that's the good shit.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Not exactly stoner, but these Swedes sound great!

Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

GODSLEEP (Greece)

Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

NAXATRAS (Greece)

Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

I've sampled that Naxatras and came close to buying it, but decided not to.. I'm becoming a lot more selective in my purchases because I have so much music and so little time to listen to it.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

for those interested, ATW have a few concerts for sale on their bandcamp page.

http://allthemwitches.bandcamp.com/a...in-tx-10-25-14

The new album from The Sword, "High Country"... the run of great albums has ended. Still a few heavy songs but they sound more in the vein of classic rock, less fuzzed out. But there are a bunch of odd tracks that make it sound like they didn't have many ideas this time around, or are searching around for a new sound. There were instrumentals on the first 4 albums but they sounded integral to the overall presentation - this time the instrumentals sound like random stuff stuck in there with no rhyme or reason. There's a short opening piece with a synth (I believe) making a sound like hip-hop DJ scratching. There's another instrumental that's more ambient, like film music. There's an acoustic guitar instrumental with deep bass pedals (bass pedals pop up in a few songs, similar to how they were used in Rush's "Clockwork Angels" album). There's a song with a Thin Lizzy vibe (similar to "Night City" from the Warp Riders album). Horns show up briefly in one tune, a female backing vocal in another. The drums sound like cheap synth-drums in some songs! While I usually can't stop listening to a new Sword album for weeks, I gave this one a few spins and tossed it aside. Nothing essential here.
    You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Garden Dreamer View Post
    The new album from The Sword, "High Country"... the run of great albums has ended. Nothing essential here.
    Yes. They tried to sound pseudo-psychedelic and failed miserably. Next one, please.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

They started losing me after Age Of Winters....
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

GREENLEAF (Sweden)

Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

I wasn't that thrilled with 5HJ's latest album when it came out but I've revisited it and it's sounding a lot better. But when I hit this tune it was obviously not Eric Oblander on vocals and didn't know of another band member that sung lead. So I looked it up and found it's a well-known classic rocker! See if you can guess (I sure wouldn't have guessed correctly)...

Burn The Sun (Greece)

Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

1,000 Mods (Greece)

Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Headquake (Greece)

Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Lucifer In The Sky With Diamonds (Russia)

Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Black Moth (UK)

Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Quote Originally Posted by spacefreak View Post
    1,000 Mods (Greece)
    I have everything but Vultures. I love 'em.

All Them Witches new album coming on 30 October 15. "Dying Surfer Meets His Maker"

Quote Originally Posted by spacefreak View Post
    Burn The Sun (Greece)
    More Burn the Sun.
    Last edited by davis; 09-26-2015 at 07:59 PM.