Page 46 of 84 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 2098

Thread: Stoner!

Quote Originally Posted by Mythos View Post
    I would think this was mentioned somewhere in the previous 45 pages, but The Exhalted King by Cosmic Dead was reissued (in a quantity of 500) recently. Got it last week from Laser.
    Yes, it is an exact CD reissue of the double LP we did at Cosmic Eye, adding the extra track "Khartomb" not on the cassette.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

got this from Sasquatch:

"Sorry for the delayed response. Just catching up on band stuff. Yeah, the new re-prints of "I" should be ready by the end of the year. We’ll send out an announcement when we get them back in stock!

Cheers,
    Cas
    Sasquatch

U.S. psych band...

You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...

They're kinda cool.. I will have to investigate further. In fact, I need to sample the last 2 pages of this thread. Been getting lazy...
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

I have Stoven's s/t CD. might get this one also. http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/stoven

Picked up that Blue Black Hours EP. Nice stuff! I sampled their debut but did not like it as much. It sounded like generic retro hard rock. Decent but I don't think I'd get too much mileage out of it. I hope they stay in this psyche direction and produce a full album.

Just received notice of this from Bandcamp: https://wofat.bandcamp.com/album/liv...t-freak-valley

Yeah, I got that too. I don't need a live album by this band. Stoner rock is basically jammed in the studio so theoretically even the studio albums are live. I bought a double-live by Colour Haze a while back and most songs are pretty much the same as their studio versions.

I didn't even get the last studio release by Wo Fat...

I kind of agree about the Wo Fat album. Listened to the one track and it's as jammy as the studio version... but not recorded as well because it's live.

Got that Bonehawk album and can't stop playing it. What really stands out for me is how the songs break off into guitar "excursions." I call them that because they're not mindlessly soloing. They put together carefully-crafted twin-guitar melody lines that are not complicated, but have impact.
    You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...

I'll have to give those Bonehawk links more attention. I skimmed over them then moved on....

Quote Originally Posted by Garden Dreamer View Post
    Got that Bonehawk album and can't stop playing it. What really stands out for me is how the songs break off into guitar "excursions." I call them that because they're not mindlessly soloing. They put together carefully-crafted twin-guitar melody lines that are not complicated, but have impact.
    Gotta give that a listen, I love that sort of thing when Crack The Sky does it (not stoner, though).
    rcarlberg: Is there anything sadder than a song that has never been played?
    Plasmatopia: Maybe a song in D minor that has never been played?

bob_32_116: That would be a terrific triple bill: Cyan, Magenta and Yello.

trurl: The Odyssey: "He's trying to get home."

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    I'll have to give those Bonehawk links more attention. I skimmed over them then moved on....
    The two songs I posted aren't even the best two on the album in my opinion, just the only two that were on Youtube. Stream the whole album on the bandcamp link.

okay, I have no company. I have all of Wo Fat's releases (including the split w/Egypt) and I'm looking fwd to Live Juju. carrion

My brain must be in a stoner haze.. Wasn't that split with Elder? Or am I thinking of a different split?

The Prog Corner

My brain must be in a stoner haze.. Wasn't that split with Elder? Or am I thinking of a different split?
    no, but I'm a fan of Egypt & Elder too. Now I wish I had one of them in my car instead of the Wo Fat bootleg I have. it sounded really good when I put it together; not so great in the car tho.

http://egypt1.bandcamp.com/
    Last edited by davis; 12-05-2014 at 04:13 PM.

My brain DID have a stoner haze.. This is the split record I also have. Strong tracks by both bands on that one!

This is the split record I also have. Strong tracks by both bands on that one!
    I certainly dig it.

A potentially very stupid question: does anyone know if the German band Jane was an influence on stoner-or at least perhaps the doom genre? I was listening to the first Jane album last night and it sure had a similar feel to some of the bands being discussed in this thread. It's slow, sludgy, dark and depressive. Actually, a lot of Jane albums were kind of like that. They weren't particularly *heavy* but they had a heavy atmosphere-often times with a strong psychedelic feel.

I wouldn't know about their influence, as you have just made me aware of them. I'm listening to Between Heaven and Hell and pretty well enjoying it.

I just bought a 1000mods digital album at bandcamp. They recommend checking out this band: https://thisisnowhere.bandcamp.com/a...ne-down-drop-d

I like the sound of that band. I will investigate further tonight...

Hey, I haven't heard Yob yet. Is the newest album a good place to start?

Quote Originally Posted by Rael View Post
    Hey, I haven't heard Yob yet. Is the newest album a good place to start?
    afaic, you can start anywhere with Yob. I have all their releases.