Page 35 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Thread: Stoner!

Quote Originally Posted by davis View Post
    Wow, Beast in the Field & 1000mods are great. Harsh Toke is really good too.
    Glad you like. I'm only posting vids of bands/songs that I dig.

Yea, I figured Black Mountain wasn't exactly stoner but they showed up in the recommended list on Youtube and sounded ~groovy~.
    You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...

I've got the last two Black Mountain CDs. I think there's a bit of a Rush influence there but whatever, it's good stuff. Great songwriting and arranging, male/female leads that harmonize well, and they can put down the hammer and rock when they need to.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

I'm not sure if this was mentioned in this thread or not, but the website "Heavy Planet" has released two mammoth compilations of stoner/doom/sludge/psyche (161 tracks overall!)which are very good! I d/l'ed both from Bandcamp. Go to the bandcamp site, browse by tag under "psychedelic" and you'll immediately see "Heavy Planet: Bong Hits From The Astral Basement Volume 2". Clicking on that one will also lead you to Volume 1.

Oh...and they're absolutely FREE!!! Enjoy!
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    I'm not sure if this was mentioned in this thread or not, but the website "Heavy Planet" has released two mammoth compilations of stoner/doom/sludge/psyche (161 tracks overall!)which are very good! I d/l'ed both from Bandcamp. Go to the bandcamp site, browse by tag under "psychedelic" and you'll immediately see "Heavy Planet: Bong Hits From The Astral Basement Volume 2". Clicking on that one will also lead you to Volume 1.

Oh...and they're absolutely FREE!!! Enjoy!
    I've also mentioned both in this thread & provided links, and here they are again. Dig it.

http://heavyplanet.bandcamp.com/albu...stral-basement and http://heavyplanet.bandcamp.com/albu...ement-volume-2
    Last edited by davis; 01-19-2014 at 04:08 PM.

I thought you had. Folks, 161 songs for free! What I have listened to so far has been in the very good to great range. Don't miss out!

Thanks for the heads up guys!

Wow, that is a high quality sampler, from what I've heard. Just beginning to scratch the surface but so far this is great.

Indeed! I've hit a couple of klunkers in the lot, for my tastes, but I was surprised by the overall quality of the tracks. Both from songwriting and from recording quality perspectives.

The Atomic Bitchwax is offering their ENTIRE CATALOG, seven albums, for a $5 download!

http://www.theatomicbitchwax.com/The.../Download.html

Their first two albums should be staples in any stoner collection.
    You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...

I recall you or someone posting a link to these guys a while back. I enjoyed what I heard but they fell off my radar. I will check that link out. Thanks!

That's a LOT of music going for $5. This from the News section of their site.

"Friends of Bitchwax..

Well Its looking like
    Bob and I will be touring with Monster Magnet for most of 2014.

TAB 5/Tour is on, just delayed until the M.M.
    tour cycle is complete in mid summer of 2014.
    Until then we are always playing shows locally in NJ and NY.

Get ready for some Space Metal.

Chris

Dec. 2013"

Since they are having the Bong Bowl Super Bowl this year maybe some of these bands should replace RHCP for half time.

The Machine - up close in the daylight

Davis, is there a site where those complete shows can be downloaded? I don't watch or listen to anything on my computer and would love to burn a few DVDs...

This is the only Colour Haze show on DVD that I found on Dime. and apparently that is the vid I posted earlier today. there used to be live audio and video at isohunt, but that's dead.
    http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-d...#startcomments

COLOUR HAZE
    Crossroads, Bonn, Harmonie
    18th Oct 2007
    WDR ROCKPALAST PRO SHOT PAL DVD
    Last edited by davis; 01-28-2014 at 09:37 PM.

Belzebong (Poland)

Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

I have that one.

I'm really enjoying Truckfighters tonight! Any other fans? Very Kyuss-y to my ears bu they come from Sweden. I don't recall seeing them mentioned here but there are so many names that it's hard to remember who is who sometimes. I've been thinking of checking out the Truckfighters doc too as I've read some good reviews.

Only an hour

Quote Originally Posted by Rael View Post
    I'm really enjoying Truckfighters tonight! Any other fans? Very Kyuss-y to my ears bu they come from Sweden. I don't recall seeing them mentioned here but there are so many names that it's hard to remember who is who sometimes. I've been thinking of checking out the Truckfighters doc too as I've read some good reviews.
    just noticed they have a new CD out...

I campled that Truckfighters and I thought there was something missing. Not sure what. I passed on it.

I can't remember if we plugged these guys on here but I really like this album:

What little I've heard of Witches of God is great. I wishlisted it at bandcamp