Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Roger Hodgson - 2018 World Tour

Quote Originally Posted by yamishogun View Post
    He put out Open the Door in 2000.

But $100 for tickets in Milwaukee? Who does he think he is, ARW?!
    well, he almost ended up in YesWest in 1989 …

“open the door” has this one from that period, featuring his good friend trevor rabin. and a lovely song it is, too.

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    i really hope Rick's health is okay - not sure why there is no information on the web.
    Privacy, perhaps? That's quite an accomplishment these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post

Mmmmhhh!!!... Doubt Mrs Davies would act different. She appears to be the Yoko in that story.
    I don't get this comment. Yoko opened up John's archives. But, this being PE, she's ether milking his legacy or hoarding it.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    [QUOTE=ronmac;810610]Privacy, perhaps? That's quite an accomplishment these days./QUOTE]

I'm sure you're right. i was hoping to hear some good news of a recovery and not a salacious interested in the details of his cancer treatment. Something like, 'Rick is improving and plans to tour again".

^^^^ past few posts ^^^^

Roger Hodgson's problems with Supertramp was that he wanted sole writing credit for his songs and he was not happy with the current management of the band.
    although the first could have been resolved, the second was a problem because Rick's wife Sue was their manager. this caused alot of stress and eventually Roger opted to leave the band. Roger also objected to Supertramp performing his songs when they toured without him.

i had hoped that Rick's recent scare with cancer would bring the two of them together again. but it didn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    I'm sure you're right. i was hoping to hear some good news of a recovery and not a salacious interested in the details of his cancer treatment. Something like, 'Rick is improving and plans to tour again".
    Unfortunately, most don't improve long term with multiple myeloma. The good news is that 80 percent respond at least a little to new CAR T therapy in trials, which can extend healthy life. "Response rates that high are really unprecedented for a single agent in relapsed, refractory disease."

Quote Originally Posted by Man In The Mountain View Post
    I too find him selfish, but I don't take it personally. I don't find him to be a jerk... he just for whatever reason doesn't want to unit with the Supertramp guys. While I admit that rubs me wrong, because he should do it just one last time.... but who knows, maybe there's something personal about the relationship we're not privy too. I have enjoyed his shows quit a bit, and might see him again if the time/price was right.
    He should only do it if both parties want to, not because we want it to happen. There were a lot of things that went on behind the scenes that none of us were privy to, and we can't say what exactly that band dynamic was like when they split -- or what it would be like if they reunited. Bands can be like families, and situations can get downright ugly for many reasons. Not sure Hodgson would want to revisit that, and I don't blame him if that's the case.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    I don't get this comment. Yoko opened up John's archives. But, this being PE, she's ether milking his legacy or hoarding it.
    don't look/read too much into it... I could've said St Hubbins' GF driving away Tufnel from Spinal Tap.

Davies' wife is the one usually crunching and crushing any agreement between the two. My guess is that Rick would've liked Roger to come back, (he knows the band isn't the same without him), but he wants to face a smiling face at breakfast every morning

Quote Originally Posted by BravadoNJ View Post
    Roger Hodgson's problems with Supertramp was that he wanted sole writing credit for his songs and he was not happy with the current management of the band.
    although the first could have been resolved, the second was a problem because Rick's wife Sue was their manager. this caused alot of stress and eventually Roger opted to leave the band. Roger also objected to Supertramp performing his songs when they toured without him.
    Well it looks like Hodgson internal scars don't heal quickly, that's for sure.
    He's even gone on record saying he always felt involuntarily left out of the band's heart (and I believe he's speaking of the classic line-up, not the first two albums' personnel here) and felt estranged, by his own mean/doing.

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    He should only do it if both parties want to, not because we want it to happen. There were a lot of things that went on behind the scenes that none of us were privy to, and we can't say what exactly that band dynamic was like when they split -- or what it would be like if they reunited. Bands can be like families, and situations can get downright ugly for many reasons. Not sure Hodgson would want to revisit that, and I don't blame him if that's the case.
    I've put a lid on my expectations on a reconciliation about 10 years ago.

I mean, even Roger & Dave +/- managed it, so why Rick & Roger??
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    This is not the first case of a member's wife that has cast a shadow of bad influence and interferes with the band's creative and band member harmony. It started way back with Yoko Ono, remember? Not sure if she wanted to interfere with the Beatles or Apple corporate business but sure did with the creative part.
    Another one is Susan Hoover (Camel) who has constantly interfered with the band and its promoters, my only chance to see Camel ever got screwed because of Susan's malicious greed (cancelled shows in Mexico). Geoff Tate's wife was really a torment and angered the other Queensryche members that led to a very ugly separation and even a dispute over the band's naming rights.
    But of course, the worst and Queen of Evil is Sharon Osbourne who has endlessly controlled to her advantage and screwed other band members. I am pretty sure she had a lot to do with the perverse contract details Bill Ward rejected and was never part of the END tour.
    But what a real shame to learn about Rick Davies' wife which makes me realize how bitter Roger Hodgson left in '83 and even today sadly would still not reunite with Supertramp or revisit that time. I don't blame him either..

Quote Originally Posted by Rajaz View Post
    But what a real shame to learn about Rick Davies' wife which makes me realize how bitter Roger Hodgson left in '83 and even today sadly would still not reunite with Supertramp or revisit that time. I don't blame him either..
    Not sure (at all) Rick's wife had anything to do with Roger's departure (she probably became band manager in the late 80's), but she's fucked up reunion attempts for sure.
    Maybe Roger's expectations (financial or others) were too high to allow it.

As for Yoko, it's also Lennon's fauklt for wanting her in the studio, against the other three's wills.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by yamishogun View Post
    But $100 for tickets in Milwaukee? Who does he think he is, ARW?!
    I'm seeing Hodgson open for ARW this weekend... I doubt it will happen, but it would be nice for Hodgson to guest with ARW, or Rabin with Hodgson.

Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

^^^ that sounds like a great ticket, let us know how it was.
    that would be great if Trevor & Roger did a song together.

Quote Originally Posted by BravadoNJ View Post
    ^^^ that sounds like a great ticket, let us know how it was.
    that would be great if Trevor & Roger did a song together.
    Henry has said how much he likes "Walls" so maybe they will play that together just for him.

I would sincerely love it if they played "Walls".

Henry

Quote Originally Posted by bondegezou View Post
    I'm seeing Hodgson open for ARW this weekend...

Henry
    Wow, taking a trip over to the dark side...

Quote Originally Posted by DocProgger View Post
    Wow, taking a trip over to the dark side...
    It will be easy to spot Henry as he will be the one reciting Psalm 23.

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death..."

He'll also have a rod and staff with him for comfort.

Anyone know if his 2018 tour is just him or him plus band? I've seen him solo, and I don't need to again. Did see Supertramp both before and after he left. Saw them in 1983 at the NJ Meadowlands and he certainly announced that he was leaving the band (though maybe not that it was his last show).
    Last edited by ca1ore; 06-11-2018 at 04:57 PM.

^ With band, I believe.

Henry