Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spaghetti Western Tributes and/or Cover Bands

Put "danish orchestra morricone" into youtube search box, it'll produce 3-4 good results.

Parrots ripped my flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaman Aksu View Post
    Put "danish orchestra morricone" into youtube search box, it'll produce 3-4 good results.
    That's from a great DVD:
    https://www.discogs.com/release/1298...rah-Hicks-Tuva
    About half of it is spaghetti western/Morricone material, all of it is good, though the Sonny Bono piece is a bit of an outlier.

I don't have much memories of Tonino Valerrii's Spaghetti Westerns (I only really remember My Name Is Nobody) and the Giuseppe Colizzi, Terence Hill & Bud Spencer connections, but how was the music on those?
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    I don't have much memories of Tonino Valerrii's Spaghetti Westerns (I only really remember My Name Is Nobody) and the Giuseppe Colizzi, Terence Hill & Bud Spencer connections, but how was the music on those?
    My Name is nobody is by Ennio Morricone and one of my favorite Morricone scores, the sound track of Boot Hill by Colizzi is from Carlo Rustichelli which is excellent (btw Rustichelli recorded also prog records) there is another great film by Tonino Valeri Days of Anger with Lee Van Cleef and Giuliano Gemma and a very good soundtrack by Riz Ortolani

for those who dig surf music, there's For a Few Guitars More

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOvv...5B5GZlUYkmI2Om

The recorded work of artists who've mined this vein in recent decades is pretty extensive. The first Friends Of Dean Martinez album (1995) might work for you.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xbgr...Martinez-Topic

What, no Babe Ruth? Apparently Alan Shacklock was a huge Morricone fan:

Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...

I'm happy to see my thread come to life again. Thanks to all for your suggestions. Well my favorite "Spaghetti" band Federale finally put out a covers album, and of course they came up with an excellent spaghetti western medley of Luis Bacalov's The Grand Duel and Morricone's Once Upon A Time In The West.

Day dawns dark...it now numbers infinity.

I really love the Spaghetti Western vibe of this track from Liam McKahey and The Bodies. Blood Meridian

"The Bill of Rights says nothing about the freedom of hearing. This, of course, takes a lot of the fun out of the freedom of speech." - Pat Paulsen

My Art- http://www.facebook.com/williamallenrenfro -My Life

Here's a band I forgot about. Tarnation with the fabulous singer/songwriter Paula Frazier. They have been around since the middle 90's. I can only describe them as alternate country / spaghetti / gothic / cinematic. Most definitely a heavy Spaghetti Western influence. Enjoy:

Day dawns dark...it now numbers infinity.