Thread: My new online t-shirt business

Mod or rocker? Mocker. Frumious B's Avatar

My new online t-shirt business

https://tshirtsthatrock.com

I just took the password off the site yesterday afternoon. I have a Facebook page up as well. There are still some changes I’m going to make as I go. The logo isn’t the final one, for example. I threw it together in an app late Friday night. The idea is simple. I’m selling officially licensed rock shirts and merchandise, 650 plus items listed. The hardest part of getting this going so far was getting set up with a reputable vendor that deals in official merchandise...no Aliexpress. Everything ships from the US.

At first I am only doing shipping to US addresses just to keep it simple for myself as I am new to this, but if you are a member of this forum outside the US and you see something you really want then message me on the forum and I will get it to you.

So have a look. Buy stuff if you want and if you have any suggestions then please post them to the thread. There are no Yes items and less prog than I would like overall. which annoys me a little. I asked my vendor about that and he said he would check, but that the licensing was difficult and complicated with some acts. Ya think?
    "It was a cruel song, but fair."-Roger Waters

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I'm having a look around, looks pretty good. Good luck with this! My son likes rock t shirts, so I'll try to find him gifts here. Just as some feedback, the one shirt I found after looking around for about 15 minutes, the Genesis Charisma logo shirt (which looks nice) was out of stock in size XL. I'm sure as you say it'll take you a while to know how everything works. Probably come Christmas gift-giving time you'll be up to speed.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I'm having a look around, looks pretty good. Good luck with this! My son likes rock t shirts, so I'll try to find him gifts here. Just as some feedback, the one shirt I found after looking around for about 15 minutes, the Genesis Charisma logo shirt (which looks nice) was out of stock in size XL. I'm sure as you say it'll take you a while to know how everything works. Probably come Christmas gift-giving time you'll be up to speed.
    Thanks for looking! I get a data feed that syncs the inventory my supplier has on hand with the site. So if something is out of stock it actually is out of stock. It’s not a “print on demand” thing which has advantages in terms of the quality of what you get, but disadvantages in terms of items being out of stock and sometimes outright discontinued.

I just set up a 15% discount code for forum members. Code is: PROGEARS

https://tshirtsthatrock.com/discount/PROGEARS

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frumious B View Post
    Thanks for looking! I get a data feed that syncs the inventory my supplier has on hand with the site. So if something is out of stock it actually is out of stock. It’s not a “print on demand” thing which has advantages in terms of the quality of what you get, but disadvantages in terms of items being out of stock and sometimes outright discontinued.
    So when someone orders something, is it shipped to them by you or the supplier? Just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    So when someone orders something, is it shipped to them by you or the supplier? Just wondering.
    The orders ship from the supplier’s facility in Minnesota. They are an established retail wholesaler who also offer a dealer dropship program for ecommerce vendors. I had to set up a tax ID etc. in order to use them and wait several weeks to be approved, but I wanted to be 100% confident that the goods were official and legit and I wanted US based shipping. A lot of people build dropshipping websites with product on AliExpress that ships from China, takes a loooooooong time to show up and then the merchandise is garbage or bootleg.

Quote Originally Posted by Frumious B View Post
    and then the merchandise is garbage or bootleg.
    or both!
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    or both!
    True. It seems like a lot of folks have been selling bootleg type shirts online for years without much in the way of consequences, but I’m not willing to put in my time and effort on an operation that is perpetually one cease and desist letter away from oblivion. I had this idea years ago, but didn’t really know how to set it up. I read a few articles about Shopify and dropshipping a few months ago and saw a mechanism I could use, but I had to find a legit supplier of band merchandise in order to go forward. With that piece in place I worked on the site, set everything up, went live with it yesterday and, hopefully, will get some decent side cash out of it.

Estimated Prophet notallwhowander's Avatar
    I'm looking. You've got some nice designs there!
    Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by notallwhowander View Post
    I'm looking. You've got some nice designs there!
    Yeah. Music t-shirts are my weekend uniform and there are about six or seven things right now that are really making my trigger finger itch, but I don’t want my first post launch sale to be to myself.

Cool. Just wanted to let you know, you have a few band in the search list, such as Def Leppard, that show up twice in the band dropdown, one with the name misspelled. There are a couple others also.

Quote Originally Posted by zeprogmeister View Post
    Cool. Just wanted to let you know, you have a few band in the search list, such as Def Leppard, that show up twice in the band dropdown, one with the name misspelled. There are a couple others also.
    Thanks for pointing that out. I will try to clean it up with my next csv upload.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    When will you be selling the Jon Davidson T?

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    When will you be selling the Jon Davidson T?
    I’m working on the Gary Cherone Van Halen shirts first.