Thread: Matt Baber/Sanguine Hum Solo Album

Matt Baber/Sanguine Hum Solo Album

MATT BABER - SUITE FOR PIANO AND ELECTRONICS

Howdy Folks!

Just a heads up for those here who might be interested...I've got my first solo CD release coming out on the Bad Elephant label on June 15th It's called Suite For Piano and Electronics and it is...well, a suite for piano and electronics There are some links below for those who wish to explore a bit further, but basically I'd describe it as a minimalist modern classical solo piano album but set against backdrops of rhythmic/ambient electronica. Think Steve Reich, Philip Glass and perhaps bits of Keith Emerson alongside Aphex Twin, Boards of Canada and William Basinski. Perhaps the Sanguine Hum tracks Phosphor and Just a Prelude are sort of in the same area too. Here's a 3min sample track up on Soundcloud that will give you an idea:

https://soundcloud.com/user-80448544...ronics-preview

And here's a time-lapse video that I made to accompany Part 6 of the Suite:

Hope you like what you hear...feel free to order multiple copies of the CD right here: https://mattbaber.bandcamp.com

Thanks for listening!

Matt.

SO excellent
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

Quote Originally Posted by Polypet View Post
    SO excellent
    Thank you sir

A nice quiet room, this is, eh? Hmm... you could hear a pin drop (figuratively speaking).

Well, the album is very good. You know how i feel about it. Hopefully others who have it will chime in soon

All the best to you and the new release,

KB
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

Sounds really nice, Matt.

I love your music with Sanguine Hum, and I plan on ordering one of these CDs for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    Sounds really nice, Matt.

I love your music with Sanguine Hum, and I plan on ordering one of these CDs for myself.
    That's brilliant thanks Hope you enjoy it.

A quick bump with a couple of things for those who may be interested...

Firstly, all pre-orders made before June 15th will be getting an exclusive bonus track called Something's Coming - a drum and piano based loop piece that gradually unfolds various synth melodies and patterns on top as it builds...one of my favourite pieces from my archive of stuff, and not available anywhere else. Pre-orders at: https://mattbaber.bandcamp.com

And secondly, here's a lovely review of the album courtesy of Progradar:

http://www.progradar.org/index.php/2...by-jez-denton/

Thanks!

Matt.

Great review, Matt! Well deserved, yep

Yes, congrats Matt! A very nice review. I just pre-ordered the CD by the way.

Not to derail this thread, but I am curious: Are you guys working on a follow-up to Now We Have Light? That was one of my most-played albums from 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    Yes, congrats Matt! A very nice review. I just pre-ordered the CD by the way.

Not to derail this thread, but I am curious: Are you guys working on a follow-up to Now We Have Light? That was one of my most-played albums from 2015.
    Well thank YOU very much for the order It's greatly appreciated!

Follow up to Now We Have Light??? Finished and ready. Now We Have Power. Not too long to wait for some news

matt.

ps. one of the guys in this thread is on it as a guest musician!!

Quote Originally Posted by Troopers For Sound View Post
    Well thank YOU very much for the order It's greatly appreciated!
    Thank you! I'm really looking forward to hearing the whole thing.

Follow up to Now We Have Light??? Finished and ready. Now We Have Power. Not too long to wait for some news

matt.
    Sweet!! That's awesome news! Can't wait.

ps. one of the guys in this thread is on it as a guest musician!!
    Well I know I haven't recorded any tracks for it, so I have a good idea who the guest musician must be. Even more awesome news!

"Now, if i could just have your attention please... we'll begin as soon as you calm down... quiet please..."

Very exciting, the new one. It really is very special and one of my favourites of the Hummy Nun Canon