Thread: Steven Wilson interview

Steven Wilson interview

I came across this interview posted on a Facebook group this morning:

https://fabriziopedrotti.com/2018/05...-can-get-shot/

Some very interesting stuff about his plans for Deadwing and In Absentia cd reissues (beyond the current vinyl sets), and it looks like he's done with Tull for now because he's too busy - so This Was gets the treatment, but not Stormwatch or beyond.

Thanks for posting this. It was interesting to read that he's writing songs for a new album. I hope that his shows in Mexico and South America are well attended.

Thanks for that.

Wow. Already writing for the next album and plans to record this year. I guess vacation is not in his vocabulary!

I also checked out Max Richter and Cigarettes After Sex. Should be interested to see where those lead him (the mention of electronic music is encouraging -- I've always felt that his use of contemporary EM is part of what made PT so successful.) These all lead me to wonder if his next one will be more Eno-esque.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

not surprising.

Wilson basically does that every 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulrus View Post
    Wow. Already writing for the next album and plans to record this year. I guess vacation is not in his vocabulary!

I also checked out Max Richter
    I went down the same path earlier this year. SW referenced Richter in an interview last year, and I liked what I heard so I ended up buying a fair bit of his stuff.

If you're hoping that SW may be influenced into something Eno-esque, have you tried the Richter album Sleep? There's a one disc sampler called From Sleep, which was my first encounter, but I grew into it so quickly I went and bought the full 8 hour edition. Pricey but well worth it - you can read about my experience with it here: https://momentstransition.wordpress....er-sleep-2015/

^ Your review of Richter's Sleep makes me want to check it out!

Edit: Other descriptions were equally appetite wetting, so that I just ordered the 8 CD set!
    Last edited by ombasan; 05-24-2018 at 03:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jefftiger View Post
    Thanks for posting this. It was interesting to read that he's writing songs for a new album. I hope that his shows in Mexico and South America are well attended.
    The shows in Mexico City last weekend were well attended. The Saturday one was sold out around 4K people, and on Sunday attendace was around 95%. He continues to deliver excellent shows.

Thanks for posting. One of my favorite interviewees.
    Last edited by progeezer's ghost; 05-28-2018 at 09:06 AM.
    'The smell of strange colours are heard everywhere'- Threshold