Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Albums you want to see reissued on CD (or LP)

Albums you want to see reissued on CD (or LP)

I know we've done this a bunch of times, but I feel like it's been a while and I always find it interesting...

Are they ever going to issue the final two Maneige albums on CD? At least give me Montréal, 6 AM!

BTW I'm not sure how many of you know, but the 2016 'vault' release of the one-and-done album Maelstrom, previously a CD-only release by ProgQuébec, has been issued on vinyl. 500 copies.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

I guess Anna Själv Tredje ‎– Tussilago Fanfara would be nice, although I've got the impression I shouldn't hold my breath.

Beyond that? It's always nice to hear something new/old, although in general I'm more excited to hear newly-created/released stuff.
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

lots of albums were listed in the following thread

http://www.progressiveears.org/forum...d-on-CD-period
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Yeah, I mentioned that we've done it before and that it had been a while. That's why I started a fresh new thread, rather than resurrecting a four year-old thread with submissions that may have changed by now.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

I wonder just how many of those listed in that other thread ever got released on CD after the thread was started???
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Likely zero. We have that kind of pull.

Quote Originally Posted by rcarlberg View Post
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Anglagard - Hybris on vinyl.

Quote Originally Posted by rcarlberg View Post
    how soon you forget...

once the mighty Frippster referred to PE as "prog lugs", indicating that he is aware of our pedantic existence

Actually quite a few items in that old thread have since been issued on CD; some even during the life of the thread.
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

I would love it if CHEER-ACCIDENT's Enduring The American Dream got an LP release.

Quote Originally Posted by Flightwave View Post
    Anglagard - Hybris on vinyl.
    All you have to do is plunk down a thousand bucks or so and it can be yours!

Argent Counterpoint.....plus I wish the first Crack the Sky would get reissued. $48 is way to much to pay!
    So much music....so little time....

I would love a reissue of About Face tour on DVD

Graminga - Gran disordine sotto il cielo
    Orchestra Njervudarov - Orchestra Njervudarov
    Canzoniere del Lazio - Miradas and Morra 1978 (Fone Records are rereleasing their two albums before those)
    I.P.Son Group - s/t (on CD an LP reissue exists)
    Ultima Spiaggia - s/t
    Mamma Non Piangere - N. 1 and N. 2
    Edens's Taste - Meilensteine
    Circus (Swiss) - all they have ever done

and many many more...
    Last edited by TheH; 05-20-2018 at 09:44 AM.

Esoteric have just released Wardance by Colosseum II which is fabulous, so their preceeding album Electric Savage would be very welcome next please.

Musea Records just teased on FB about rereleasing Artcane - Odyssee!!! (Hope that will come true )

https://www.facebook.com/MUSEARCDS/

Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    Circus (Swiss) - all they have ever done
    A huge plus one to this!

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    A huge plus one to this!
    The first two albums where released by Big Pink (South Corea) half a year ago.
    Big Pink is not really a pirate but not everything they do is really without doubt.

I've been dying to get a copy of Roine Stolt's Fantasia album. Even just an mp3 version would do.

Quote Originally Posted by DTA View Post
    I've been dying to get a copy of Roine Stolt's Fantasia album. Even just an mp3 version would do.
    What about this one?

Back Door - Activate (never on CD, even when BGO reissued the three that went with it)

Dixie Dregs - The Great Spectacular. I think there was a CD run once, but even secondhand it may as well not exist.

Would love for the Thinking Plague & 5uu's discographies to be issued on vinyl
    Eider Stellaire's I would be great to own as well on wax.

Quote Originally Posted by auxfnx View Post
    Would love for the Thinking Plague & 5uu's discographies to be issued on vinyl
    Both bands early works are LP only, so I see some need for CDs here too...

Quote Originally Posted by Spiral View Post
    Dixie Dregs - The Great Spectacular. I think there was a CD run once, but even secondhand it may as well not exist.
    LOL. One copy on Discogs for $700! That's it. I remember seeing it at Tower Recs regularly in the late 1990s. Oh well. We snoozed for 20 years on this one, we lose...