Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Albums you want to see reissued on CD (or LP)

Why can't I find a decent vinyl copy of Per Un Amico?
    The Prog Corner

Quote Originally Posted by miamiscot View Post
    Why can't I find a decent vinyl copy of Per Un Amico?
    According to discogs it was recently been re-released and available (sealed) at some stores: https://www.discogs.com/Premiata-For...lease/12282220

Glad to read that I am not the only mystified by by the insistent demand for VINYL!!
    Man, when the CD was introduced we(my era) were elated, no more worry about scratches, dust, meticulous cleaning and handling, having to flip an l.p. after only 20 minutes. The cassette seemed an upgrade it you owned a Nakamichi. Maybe that will come full circle as well😉
    No question the sound of a CD was an upgrade from most of my record collection.
    Suddenly you could find a turntable of formidable quality for little or nothing.
    Not now however, the demand to keep with the trend has indeed affected the costs of turntables old or new.

Argent - "Counterpoints" (1975)

Quote Originally Posted by MJBrady View Post
    Glad to read that I am not the only mystified by by the insistent demand for VINYL!!
    Man, when the CD was introduced we(my era) were elated, no more worry about scratches, dust, meticulous cleaning and handling, having to flip an l.p. after only 20 minutes. The cassette seemed an upgrade it you owned a Nakamichi. Maybe that will come full circle as well��
    Yes, we'll see the return of cassette tapes (that's actually already happened in some circles), 8-track, reel-to-reel, VHS, Betamax, Discovision (look it up), etc. Maybe even Polaroid's ill fated instant home movie system (which got squashed like a bug because it came out at the same time as the first VCR's) will make a comeback. Come to think of it, what about 8mm home movies, period?! Anyone fancy getting the screen out, an then sitting right next the projector, in case the film gets jammed?

Quote Originally Posted by happytheman View Post
    Attachment 12133
    Didn't realize there was any footage re: first album.. I remember seeing a VHS of the About Face tour
    I have the VHS of the About Face tour. It's the Live At Hammersmith Odeon concert and the Beyond The Floyd documentary, both of which were aired on MTV back in 1984 (I have a VHS copy, which I think I recorded actually, a couple years later, around the time A Momentary Lapse Of Reason came out). It also has two videos, All Lovers Are Deranged and Blue Light. One thing that wasn't on that video was the video for Love On The Air, which appears to have been shot at the same Hammersmith Odeon concert, but doesn't actually appear in the concert film, which I always thought was strange. I remember seeing it a few times on MTV in 84, then it got showed regularly on VH-1 Classic about 15 years ago.

As for the first album footage, did we ever figure out if that was an actual live performance, or just Gilmour and musicians lip syncing? I remember watching one of the songs on Youtube, I think it was So Far Away, and it seemed like there harmony guitar lines and such happening that couldn't have been played by just two guitarists.

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    Yes, we'll see the return of cassette tapes (that's actually already happened in some circles), 8-track, reel-to-reel, VHS, Betamax, Discovision (look it up), etc. Maybe even Polaroid's ill fated instant home movie system (which got squashed like a bug because it came out at the same time as the first VCR's) will make a comeback. Come to think of it, what about 8mm home movies, period?! Anyone fancy getting the screen out, an then sitting right next the projector, in case the film gets jammed?
    Actually Polaroid has mzde a come back with their instant photo cameras... Usually the ht of stupid consumerism, it was useful on the job as a safety tool.

As for cassettes (any kind, they're theoretically outlawed for sale as new freshly-made objects in the european union - mainmly for environemental reasons: they can't find a process of ecological recycling, so they go directly to the incinerators, where the fumes are atrocious (so I was told).
    You can still sell them as "new" if you can prove it's an old stock not yet sold, though.

But yeah, some stupid 80's-driven radio DJs are trying to reliven their use... Never used metal cassettes (with the original cellophabe around them) can fetch hard-to-believe prices. Fuck, I hate hipsters.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    Actually Polaroid has mzde a come back with their instant photo cameras... Usually the ht of stupid consumerism, it was useful on the job as a safety tool.

As for cassettes (any kind, they're theoretically outlawed for sale as new freshly-made objects in the european union - mainmly for environemental reasons: they can't find a process of ecological recycling, so they go directly to the incinerators, where the fumes are atrocious (so I was told).
    You can still sell them as "new" if you can prove it's an old stock not yet sold, though.

But yeah, some stupid 80's-driven radio DJs are trying to reliven their use... Never used metal cassettes (with the original cellophabe around them) can fetch hard-to-believe prices. Fuck, I hate hipsters.
    A good advice for hipsters and speculators: stock CD's (and players) now that they're dirt cheap. They will be the next trendy thing within a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by DTA View Post
    I've been dying to get a copy of Roine Stolt's Fantasia album. Even just an mp3 version would do.
    Maybe you've already noticed there are three items on discogs: https://www.discogs.com/Roine-Stolt-...elease/2759272
    I have the Japanese version which is also available but a lot more expensive (+$600)

Almost the entire Bee Gees catalogue is out of print on CD now it's been taken on by Capitol, but when Warner Brothers distributed the catalogue, they never did reissue any of the 1970-3 albums or 1981's Living Eyes. To be honest bare bones reissues (even clones of the old Polydor CDs) would be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ88 View Post
    Almost the entire Bee Gees catalogue is out of print on CD now it's been taken on by Capitol, but when Warner Brothers distributed the catalogue, they never did reissue any of the 1970-3 albums or 1981's Living Eyes. To be honest bare bones reissues (even clones of the old Polydor CDs) would be fine.
    Living Eyes is historically important as the first album ever to be released on CD. I’d say it’s odd that it’s become so hard to find but it was kind of a bomb. It was 1981 and nobody wanted to be caught dead buying a Bee Gees album.
    Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...