Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Albums you want to see reissued on CD (or LP)

Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    What about this one?

Yikes. Can I just pretend that Roine transported from the 70's directly into the 90's? Even for 80's standards that was pretty horrendous.

Still never released on CD, two fantastic albums by John Serry, "Exhibition" and "Jazziz".

Phideaux - Doomsday Afternoon
    Island - Pictures
    L'estate di San Martino- TALSETE DI MARSANTINO

Senstiviva Immagine -E TUTTO COMINCIÒ COSÌ
    Lethe - Nymphae
    Bacamarte- Depois Do Fim

Terraced Garden - Melody and Menace
    - Braille
    - Within

"Angels die, redemption rages
    The age of man on an empty page
    And chances are
    This will save your soul or break it forever "

My usual contribution to such threads are:

Gash: A Youngman's Gash
    the first three Kraftwerk albums

I would add the 1971 remixed version of the second Grateful Dead album, Anthem Of The Sun. So far, it's only been available on LP (all CD editions have reverted to the original mix), but apparently, this summer a "50th anniversary edition" is being issued, which will have both versions of the album plus a CD's worth of bonus live material. So that's off the list.

Quote Originally Posted by DTA View Post
    Yikes. Can I just pretend that Roine transported from the 70's directly into the 90's? Even for 80's standards that was pretty horrendous.
    No you can not. Did anyone from the 60's or 70's NOT do something horrendous during the 80's? Paul McCartney and Stevie Wonder had Ebony & Ivory. The Who had most of Face Dances. Kiss had Let's Put The X In Sex and Uh! All Night. Uriah Heep had Hot Night In A Cold Town. The Grateful Dead had Keep Your Day Job. The Allman Brothers Band had those two early 80's albums where they used synthesizers! Thin Lizzy had...

Ya know what, I don't think Thin Lizzy did anything embarrassing during the 80's. Neither did Boston (well, there's that drum sound on Third Stage, but the songs are actually really good). Not sure about Black Sabbath...I kinda lost track of them after Born Again.

Both bands early works are LP only, so I see some need for CDs here too...
    Hi H - actually both TP’s and 5UU’s first 2 albums were re-released as compilation CDs by Cuneiform. Sadly, they may be hard to find now, but it was done...almost 20 years ago. Meanwhile, re vinyl, as an older listener who grew up with it, I think it’s awful...BUT if somebody wanted to release our whole catalogue on vinyl, I’d be fine with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawford Glissadevil View Post

Bacamarte- Depois Do Fim
    I didn't realize Doomsday Afternoon was difficult to come by these days. I see two copies on Discogs but that's about it! The Bacamarte CD is easier to come by, and Greg Walker still lists it in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    Did anyone from the 60's or 70's NOT do something horrendous during the 80's?
    Rush, King Crimson. IMO.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    I didn't realize Doomsday Afternoon was difficult to come by these days. I see two copies on Discogs but that's about it! The Bacamarte CD is easier to come by, and Greg Walker still lists it in stock.

Rush, King Crimson. IMO.
    Thanks Progatron! Somehow, Greg Walker slipped my mind...Sure enough Bacamarte for a decent price. After shipping, Doomsday Afternoon would cost me $60.

There's so many still... at least for CD. Like The H, I'm most interested in a CD reissue of Artcane. Musea, like many other labels, have gone LP-only on their reissue programs (which tells us where the primary buyer market is). We'll see.

Here's a couple of lists I continue to maintain. There may be bootlegs, but no legit CDs that I'm aware of:

https://rateyourmusic.com/list/ashra...st_priority_1/
    https://rateyourmusic.com/list/ashra...st_priority_2/

flame dream has more then one album i would have loved to see remastered.
    calatea
    elements
    out in the dark
    according to discogs there are unofficial releases by tachika records on cdr

Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post
    I guess Anna Själv Tredje ‎– Tussilago Fanfara would be nice, although I've got the impression I shouldn't hold my breath.
    they are working on it!
    no official confirmation yet, but got some inside info

Thanks Progatron! Somehow, Greg Walker slipped my mind...Sure enough Bacamarte for a decent price. After shipping, Doomsday Afternoon would cost me $60.
    Check with Greg which label it's on before you order. He will stock CDs from dodgy labels like Mals or Poor House, etc, so just because something's in stock, doesn't mean it's the issue you're looking for. That's not a knock, he's my go-to for CDs.

Quote Originally Posted by MJ-Plagued View Post
    Hi H - actually both TP’s and 5UU’s first 2 albums were re-released as compilation CDs by Cuneiform. Sadly, they may be hard to find now, but it was done...almost 20 years ago. Meanwhile, re vinyl, as an older listener who grew up with it, I think it’s awful...BUT if somebody wanted to release our whole catalogue on vinyl, I’d be fine with that.
    Thanxs for the info, somehow overlooked that complilation...

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Check with Greg which label it's on before you order. He will stock CDs from dodgy labels like Mals or Poor House, etc, so just because something's in stock, doesn't mean it's the issue you're looking for. That's not a knock, he's my go-to for CDs.
    The Bacamarte he is listing there is the 2009 reissue:

https://www.discogs.com/Bacamarte-De...elease/3950090

... of course, he is also listing the Tachika bootleg version, which I would avoid.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Island - Pictures
    L'estate di San Martino- TALSETE DI MARSANTINO

Senstiviva Immagine -E TUTTO COMINCIÒ COSÌ
    Lethe - Nymphae
    Bacamarte- Depois Do Fim
    Bacamarte has a recent (end of last year) legit rerelease by Belle Antique. Island was also done by Belle Antique (2 or 3 times)
    and is most likely identical to Ken Goldens original reissue.

Those should be (relativ) easy to find, but around $30+

For the Italian ones you have to be lucky (and rich )

Now Phideaux is back again maybe his backlist will be worked on again too...

Not really on Topic but there is a LP released by Xalph (historical Zeuhl band) with all their studio recordings
    made in the 70s. It's their first release ever I think (apart from a compi track).

I would add the Octobre catalog, but at least Greg has the 34-track compilation, which has most of their tracks. Still, it omits a couple early gems, including a favorite from their debut, and most all their fourth album.

Thanks for the advice H and Progatron! I'll be sure to check record labels for quality.

I'd like to see a reissue of Birds and Buildings - "Bantam To Behemoth" More than 60 bananas is bit expensive for my budget.

The mono mix of the UK Are You Experienced? with the non-album singles as bonus tracks. They've already missed the 50th anniversary which would have been ideal timing.

I'd like to see a reissue of Birds and Buildings - "Bantam To Behemoth" More than 60 bananas is bit expensive for my budget.
    Another one I've got, but had no idea was difficult to come by now. This is another thing I find interesting about these threads.

Thanks for the advice H and Progatron! I'll be sure to check record labels for quality.

hmmm... simply ask dnieper (aka Dan B.) if he still has one left.

And a re-release of Mr. Sirius' catalog please. I have 'Barren Dream' and 'Dirge', but nothing else, and the 2 I do have the world needs to hear

Quote Originally Posted by jonbirion View Post
    there are unofficial releases by tachika records on cdr
    I have anything Toocheeky has and mine sound better guaranteed. Best of all, one only needs something to trade with me to get my remasters; no need to finance pirates!
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

hmmm... simply ask dnieper (aka Dan B.) if he still has one left.
    Ha ha ha ha....