Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prog Magazine Chris Squire

Just got my shipping notice for Brave cover as well. Guess I will order the Squire issue and a subscription too.

Stopped by my local Barnes & Noble just out of curiosity and they didn't have any copies at all.
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

My local bookstore, Schulers, told me today that their distributer is having some difficulty.

I was at B&N yesterday and they had the Squire cover issue in stock. We've yet to receive them at the record store though.
    Last edited by FrippWire; 05-29-2018 at 11:12 AM.

Hey Brian,

Barnes & Noble in Grand Rapids finally has the Squire issue. I had looked in Cleveland, Pittsburgh and Toronto the past two weeks and nobody had it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    My local bookstore, Schulers, told me today that their distributer is having some difficulty.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    I'm halfway through the article on Brave. There producer asked the band if they wanted to devote the time to create a masterpiece and the band responded with a resounding "yes!". It was a brave, excuse the pun, effort after the commercial disappointing Holidays in Eden. The band consciously moved to more in depth recordings over a longer period of time with a concept (out of flavour in the early 90s, to say the least) that was Horgarth's idea but the band embraced. I rate the album as Marillion's best and rank it in my top 20 albums of all time. I look forward to finishing the article. It cost me $16 U.S. with delivery to Canada - worth every penny.

Thanks Mark!

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    I'm halfway through the article on Brave. There producer asked the band if they wanted to devote the time to create a masterpiece and the band responded with a resounding "yes!". It was a brave, excuse the pun, effort after the commercial disappointing Holidays in Eden. The band consciously moved to more in depth recordings over a longer period of time with a concept (out of flavour in the early 90s, to say the least) that was Horgarth's idea but the band embraced. I rate the album as Marillion's best and rank it in my top 20 albums of all time. I look forward to finishing the article. It cost me $16 U.S. with delivery to Canada - worth every penny.
    My 2 issues, Chris Squire, and Brave arrived today in the mail in excellent shape, $33 delivered. I'm impressed at the price and service though I regret I was unable to get them at B&N. They need all the support they can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmotron View Post
    Sidebar for Barnes and Noble: by paying attention at a number of stores in various cities to the terrible service, the random merchandising, the lackadaisical and poorly-informed staff, the lack of enough check-out staff, and the lack of depth of their stock, I find it easy to understand why they are closing stores.
    This hasn't been my experience at all. The two B&N stores near me have excellent service and their staffs are usually very helpful.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Still waiting here in Philly!

We now have copies at the record store.

The latest issue, with a Pink Floyd/Final Cut cover, arrived at the weekend for me, a UK subscriber.

Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/