Thread: Brand X - Ther Movie ... coming in Fall 2019.

Brand X - The Movie ... coming in Fall 2019.

VERY EXCITED to hear of plans by Sylvian Despretz (via @The_Metaprogram on Twitter) for "Brand X The Movie" !!!

See https://www.brandxthemovie.com/for details ....

https://vimeo.com/261223789

"The Indie documentary project about Brand X has begun filming, and will shoot throughout 2019. The film looks at the price that true musicians must often pay for their art. With roughly one third of filming accomplished, the project still needs months of ongoing interview work, travels, hiring crew members & equipment, leading-up to post-production : months of editing, sound mix, writing, voice-overs, color grading, titles, research, acquisition of old footage, photographs, musical and publishing rights. It may require another eighteen months of production before every musician, manager, engineer, Rock n’Roll journalist, and ex-wife has been interviewed — and key performances have been filmed — shooting should wrap in the summer/fall of 2019. You or your loved ones may possess relevant Brand X props, photos (scans) from other decades, and heirlooms, that you wish to contribute so they can appear onscreen. Perhaps some of you simply have super 8 or 16mm film in the attic that shows ordinary footage of the Canterbury, London, or New York scenes in the 1970s/early ’80s… they can be seemingly banal visuals, even — Send a message. Many thanks! — Sylvain Despretz, Director/Producer"

About time!! / Can't wait!!
    Last edited by zzorchering; 05-09-2018 at 08:34 AM.

Thanks for sharing. Looks very promising and interesting.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Cool...

Consuming Brand X responsibly
    Should you decide to buy Brand X records and CDs,
    keep in mind that for ALL the music they’ve made,
    ONLY the following two albums represent income
    for the band members. (These things matter!)
    {links to the 2 current live albums}
    I suppose it's possible for a band to have had shittier management in the 70's and 90's, but they were right up there.
    Off to buy Locked & Loaded...

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    Will be picking that up at the show tonight. But weren't Percy and John involved in the X-Files compilation years ago? Hopefully they got some dinars from that release.

It’s absolutely disgusting that the band get nothing from the albums after 40 years, how greedy are those record company &@#$’s! Are the band’s first born sons in eternal servitude as well?

Maybe Esoteric reissues their back catalogue

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

It goes without saying but I'll buy this on Blu-ray or DVD or stream it when it becomes available. A plain shame these guys got screwed out of $$$ in the past; an all too common story in the music business.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    Cool...

I suppose it's possible for a band to have had shittier management in the 70's and 90's, but they were right up there.
    Off to buy Locked & Loaded...
    There's a certain sad irony in the fact that, whilst they may no longer be getting ripped off, their recorded legacy still isn't being run right. The two live albums that they do theoretically get paid on both went out of print rapidly and have stayed out of print. You can buy the downloads off Bandcamp, but at $20 (for Locked & Loaded, which clocks in below 40 minutes) and $25, which in my view is not sensible pricing.
    “your ognna pay pay with my wrath of ballbat”

Bandcamp Profile

Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    Very nice, and also nice to see Stephen W Tayler in such a prominent role!

This I want to see!!

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mascodagama View Post
    The two live albums that they do theoretically get paid on both went out of print rapidly and have stayed out of print. You can buy the downloads off Bandcamp, but at $20 (for Locked & Loaded, which clocks in below 40 minutes) and $25, which in my view is not sensible pricing.
    Well, they're undercutting Francis Dunnery's prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    Well, they're undercutting Francis Dunnery's prices.
    “your ognna pay pay with my wrath of ballbat”

Bandcamp Profile