Thread: Ambient Chamber Musician Jeff Greinke

Ambient Chamber Musician Jeff Greinke

Jeff Greinke is a musician who should be regarded in the same light as Johann Johannsson, Olafur Arnalds, A Winged Victory for the Sullen and other purveyors of dark ambient chamber music. But he's been doing it since 1983. It's a journey in Ambience from Seattle to Arizona when we talk with Jeff Greinke about his new album, Before Sunrise. It breaks the horizon tonight on Echoes. https://wp.me/p4ZE0X-dQU

Very cool. All the best to him from Kimara, along with Dennis Rea and others here in the Pac NW.

We know Jeff from way back in the very distant day, when we were both releasing our music on cassette. He's a brilliant craftsman, absolutely. Looking forward to hearing his new one. Thanks for the heads up on this
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

Folks who dig Jeff Greinke might want to check out Land - Road Movies. It's a group with him and some other names some PE folks might recognize, including the aforementioned Dennis Rea.

I also like the two albums he did with Anisa Romero, the singer of Sky Cries Mary, partly under the name Hana: https://store.cdbaby.com/cd/hana1
    Both released on First World: http://firstworldmusic.com/

I have some of his stuff. Started buying his stuff back when I was collecting a lot of Robert Rich and Steve Roach back in the 90's. Need to hear what he's doing these days.

Jeff has been releasing great, unique work for over 3 decades; he is ALWAYS worth a good listen!
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

I love Cities in Fog, way creepy and yet hard not to listen too. It's totally unique in the ambient genre to my ears. All of Greinke's work is pretty strong and somewhat varied. Definitely under appreciated, although I would not place him in the same league as the late great Johann Johannsson. Orphée alone is a notch above but that is just my opinion. Greinke's A Wide View on Hypnos is also highly recommended.