Thread: TesseracT - new album Sonder

TesseracT - new album Sonder

Any other TesseracT fans here?

I've really grown into them, as each new album seems to be moving their sound gradually away from the shouty djent style that they started out with, and they seem to be coming up with a sound that mixes metal with prog and ambient that sets them apart from other bands in the current scene. They've also got a terrific singer who works his voice around the tricky arrangements, and can really soar when he needs to hit the higher stuff.

I picked up their new album Sonder last week, expecting great things, and coming away a bit perplexed and challenged. But then, isn't that sometimes the way of good albums, when it takes a little time to truly get into their DNA?

I've jotted down some thoughts on my latest blog review, which might interest you if you're a fan, and what to prepare you for, given the controversy around the album's running time. (Oh and it comes with a bonus disc with a 3D binaural headphone mix, which I ran some comparisons on with the standard stereo edition.)

You can check out my thoughts here:

https://momentstransition.wordpress....t-sonder-2018/

Old man of prog
    I've listened to this band before on earlier releases and was left fairly non-plussed. Thought they were good in a world that rewards only "great" and "suck". I picked up the new one because I'm a Hi Rez enthusiast and I must say I'm pretty impressed. It's the "dreamy" kind of Opeth, Katatonia, Anathema shit I love. I agree no song truly stands out but the whole here is truly greater than the sum of its parts. From my seat highly recommended.

hmmm... Polaris was a lot better. More dynamics, uptempo tracks, better tunes. Sonder seems to all go in slowmo... Listened them back to back.

I'm not sure where it will end up on my list of favorite TesseracT albums, but it's still one of my favorites of the year. I really enjoy this kind of music. I actually didn't notice that it was a short album because I have the 3D Binaural mix set to play right after the regular mix. I also have tried to tell the difference and I think I can barely (I'm no audiophile). My question is why they would bother to put out two mixes if they thought was one of them was preferable.