Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OMG, I've topped 7000 posts!

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar

OMG, I've topped 7000 posts!

I just made a donation to commemorate the event.

I know I post a lot, but I've been trying to keep my posts on track, informative, etc. I'll try to cut down on the "I've never heard Adele" posts - they're all true, it's not an act, but I guess they're pretty irrelevant. I am an orangutan who tries to keep evolving even higher.

Thanks to the PE staff!

Jed (aka Dr. Zaius, aka JKL2000)

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I just made a donation to commemorate the event.

I know I post a lot, but I've been trying to keep my posts on track, informative, etc. I'll try to cut down on the "I've never heard Adele" posts - they're all true, it's not an act, but I guess they're pretty irrelevant. I am an orangutan who tries to keep evolving even higher.

Thanks to the PE staff!

Jed (aka Dr. Zaius, aka JKL2000)
    Where's the celebration being held at?

You're en fuego. You can't stop the orangutan, you can only hope to contain him...

Better you than Svetonio!
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Ugh. So true. Didn't he go to some other forum and annoy all of the users there with his eighty-YouTube-posts-per-day MO?
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

You're so right.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    I feel inadequate
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Ugh. So true. Didn't he go to some other forum and annoy all of the users there with his eighty-YouTube-posts-per-day MO?
    He appears to have done that on EVERY forum he's visited.

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post

You're so right.
    Very condesending! blowjob.gif

your Ctrl-V Whore brought to you by Clipmate
    (i don't get paid to post that! )

^^ Uhmm... What?

I'm guessing you never knew Svetonio.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    He's been over at stevehoffman.tv/forums ever since he got booted from PE.

Weren't 3500 of them one liners?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    He's been over at stevehoffman.tv/forums ever since he got booted from PE.
    I'm new around here, been lurking off and on for about 2 years...bored at Kyle Rose's PM:X^2 boards which was going strong from 2003-2011-ish until the resident trolls and certain asshole posters drove out the regulars. There was a migration to Facebook from Deitrick Hardwick's Perpetual Motion (circa '97) where the board forked over a couple owners...now the remnant remains at PM Rising with a few regular posters keeping the forums alive.

I do very much enjoy this format! I started back in the Usenet group rec.music.progressive in the mid-90s and I see familiar handles here (ProgBear, SteveSly, Sean, the guy who started the FTP site who hosted prog MP3s, et. al) so I'm the kind of guy that uses the search engine liberally...but can someone please give me some backstory on Sventonio?

Svetonio was/is an Eastern European guy who took up way more bandwidth with videos and lists on this site than anyone else, including JKL.

Posted 8 videos when 1 or 2 would have made his point just as well, and clear & concise were 2 words not in his universe when it came to verbage.

Sound familiar?
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    Svetonio was/is an Eastern European guy who took up way more bandwidth with videos and lists on this site than anyone else, including JKL.

Posted 8 videos when 1 or 2 would have made his point just as well, and clear & concise were 2 words not in his universe when it came to verbage.

Sound familiar?
    He would also frequently get into unnecessary arguments over what genre a particular song belonged to, from what I remember.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    And argue that all the best bands were from Slavic countries despite no-one every having heard of any of them.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Yeah, he was absolutely boneheaded about pigeon-holing acts into categories that met rigid little definitions which existed only in his mind. Along with the video-bombing of Slavic Dream-Theater-clones. And telling us all to fuck off in colorful graphics. He was a real treat. He also got booted or retreated from that snakeoil site for his video bombing. I don't know how much longer he'll be tolerated over at Hoffman considering how strictly they moderate.

But there's been so many infamous trolls/malcontents/misanthropes over the years. Omega Monkey, Wallace/The Beard Returns, Jegheist... They make me yearn for the gentle incoherence of that acid casualty Z-Bop.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Here's a good example of Svetonion (intentional misspelling) from his new perch at Hoffman. 19 of the 25 posts on this page are from him posting YT links that nobody watches.

Now imagine this x1000, plus a giant "fuck you" attitude to anyone who asked him - no matter how politely - to tone down the spam a bit.

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/thread...734018/page-11

... BTW, this was a random search at Hoffman that took me about four seconds.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Me

Sound familiar?
    So basically Jed is Svetonio-lite, he passed the 7K mark and already racked up 70 posts since last week. Comparing and contrasting: I joined here 04-03-2018 and racked up 64 posts in little over a month...but I can see the familiarity. I rather post quality over quantity using a clipboard utility that takes me a couple minutes to format my posts (but I cheat since I store my memes in multiple spots on the internet, so I've already pre-gamed my posts.)

Jed is Svetonio-lite
    Um, no. Not as combative and far more into discussing/exchanging ideas about music. And Jed has never posted a political shitstorm in a thread about movies

Um, no. Not as combative and far more into discussing/exchanging ideas about music. And Jed has never posted a political shitstorm in a thread about movies
    Thank you, Jer.

I consider Jed a friend who I have spent time with face to face, and unlike many here, he doesn't have hidden agendas. Verbosity and (perhaps sometimes too much unnecessary) inquisitiveness do not a troll make.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Um, no. Not as combative and far more into discussing/exchanging ideas about music.
    Thank you, Jer.

I consider Jed a friend who I have spent time with face to face, and unlike many here, he doesn't have hidden agendas. Verbosity and (perhaps sometimes too much unnecessary) inquisitiveness do not a troll make.
    +1

Although I haven't met Jed in person, I know he's not a bad guy. He's one of the folks here who does actually contribute to the discussion, and I like the guy -- which is something I cannot say about Svetonio.

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    +1

Although I haven't met Jed in person, I know he's not a bad guy. He's one of the folks here who does actually contribute to the discussion, and I like the guy -- which is something I cannot say about Svetonio.
    +2

I have met Jed in person and agree. He is one of the good guys around here.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    +2

I have met Jed in person and agree. He is one of the good guys around here.
    He sounds like a guy I met in ProgDay years ago, so it's cool. I'm probably more like him than different. Anyways...carry on.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Boy, this is better than a Birthday thread! I love you, man!

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Boy, this is better than a Birthday thread! I love you, man!
    Sir, you get an ego treat, just don't get fat on it.