Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Brand X- New Tour, New Setlist, New Live record!

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    I hope when Scott has the day off in Northampton he avails himself of our brick & mortar record stores including Newbury Comicsand stops in to say howdy to my good friends at Turn It Up! We also have great restaurants and an MMJ dispensary!

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    rickawakeman, How's the Newbury Comics out there? I live right near their largest store [Norwood] and can go in and come out empty handed these days, not even looking for anything specific.

Hey Dave, like all the other NC stores I've been to in recent times (Cambridge, Newbury St), there seem to be progressively fewer CDs and less deep stocking of titles. They often can't get what I'm looking for (recently, the non-Blu Ray version of Hackett's Wuthering Nights) so thank you Turn It Up!! where I can order up pretty much anything domestically available , and even imports though these tend to be pricey. So...not so good, but I have a good relationship with the manager Therrien who tries to help me when he can and is prog-savvy.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    What we need is for Burning Shed to open a brick and mortar store right in my neighborhood.

On second thought, maybe not. I'd end up buried in CDs, destitute, or both.

Smoked the Horse last night.

2nd set from Albany,more or less, the song order was changed a bit. And I’d say it was looser than the first time I saw them a year ago. Songs sometimes went off into improv and endings were more extended.5E83E9FE-2729-4858-8F6C-E0F7DE0688C8.jpg

First set was:
    Smacks of Euphoric Hysteria
    Euthanasia Waltz
    Noddy
    Nightmare Patrol
    Disco Suicide
    Green Onions (Booker T cover)
    Malaga Virgin
    Last edited by Wah3; 05-11-2018 at 12:08 PM.

I saw them with District 97 Tuesday night, both bands fantastic, just snagged a ticket for Sellersville on Saturday, just can't get enough Brand X these days, so much fun!

I'm just yanking this topic out of the dirt 'cuz I can't locate any other posts regarding the 2018 Fall Tour. I have one friend who has to sell his ticket to the sold-out December 15 show at Orion Studios in Baltimore. If you wanted to go and didn't pick up a ticket, or need another, please send me a message. You might want to try a PM to me directly.

Mark C.

They are hitting the NE US hard AGAIN!!!! Why is it all these bands just play in one area?

Quote Originally Posted by dgtlman View Post
    They are hitting the NE US hard AGAIN!!!! Why is it all these bands just play in one area?
    Because they don't have the cash to travel all over the country, or internationally.

Brand X smoked at Orion Studios last night, I believe they sold out both Saturday and Sunday. They get better every time I see them. Percy Jones is one of most unusual freakin fantastic bass players I have ever seen. Everyone did a great job, what a talented bunch. Love to hear other peoples opinions- they don't seem to get enough love around here.... if you get a chance to see them do it!

Nice to see if wasn't the usual sausage feast at Orion last night either.

^ ^ ^ ^

I saw the Saturday night show and it was very, very fine.

I agree that everyone in the band played great, but I especially enjoyed Chris (keyboardist) and Percy, who always has been a unique talent and still is.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Quote Originally Posted by Proghound View Post
    Brand X smoked at Orion Studios last night, I believe they sold out both Saturday and Sunday. They get better every time I see them. Percy Jones is one of most unusual freakin fantastic bass players I have ever seen. Everyone did a great job, what a talented bunch. Love to hear other peoples opinions- they don't seem to get enough love around here.... if you get a chance to see them do it!

Thanks Proghound!.. Besides John being really sick for both nights we had a blast there!

Quote Originally Posted by Proghound View Post

Hey Proghound,

I don't know how Percy survives carving his unique path of bass playing, but he sticks to his guns. He lives in Brooklyn and once in a while will play a local gig. I would like to go one of these days.

Percy’s been a treat all 3 times I’ve seen him. Twice with Brand X, once with Tunnels.

I see that several songs from Masques have been making it into the Brand X setlist — Earth Dance, Black Moon and even The Ghost of Mayfield Lodge.

Quote Originally Posted by Wah3 View Post
    Percy’s been a treat all 3 times I’ve seen him. Twice with Brand X, once with Tunnels.

I see that several songs from Masques have been making it into the Brand X setlist — Earth Dance, Black Moon and even The Ghost of Mayfield Lodge.
    Yep very nice to hear some different tunes on each tour. Big thanks to Scott for putting it al together. I have seen Tunnels (2x at Orion years ago) as well, and Brand X at the Cellar Door back in the late 70's.
    This band line up is phenomenal, saw the first reunion tour, and pretty much every year since and they never disappoint! Percy is just the icing on the cake. Obviously a favorite band, and how cool to see it all live again.

Saw them on 12/12 at the Magic bag in Ferndale, MI. As per usual they kicked much ass. Despite the night getting off to rocky start (John experienced some technical problems) they recovered nicely and played their asses off for the rest of the night.

Oh and where was Scott? Was he under the weather?

And Percy? Well, he's Percy. A bass trailblazer if ever there was one. Right up there with Jaco, Stanley Clarke, Mick Karn and anyone else you care to add that has advanced bass playing and the role of bass players.

https://www.facebook.com/OfficialBrandX/
    Brand X are in Europe April/May 2020, with more dates and venues to be confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by jcarr73729 View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/OfficialBrandX/
    Brand X are in Europe April/May 2020, with more dates and venues to be confirmed.
    I hadn't heard it until this weekend, but John won't be doing the Europe-gigs. Alex Machacek is helping out (like he did before).

Am hoping for Glastonbury, will fit nicely between the VDGG shows

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    I had tickets to see them in Gatineau, Quebec (5 minutes outside of Ottawa, Ontario) but they cancelled! Bummer.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Quote Originally Posted by flytomars View Post
    Am hoping for Glastonbury, will fit nicely between the VDGG shows
    Glastonbury is late June, so they'll be back across the Pond if the tour ends in early May.
    I'm waiting for the Liverpool and Manchester venues to be announced, as it'll make a good weekend pair of gigs.
    The only time I saw Brand X was Knebworth 1978, so it'll be long overdue.

Quote Originally Posted by jcarr73729 View Post
    Glastonbury is late June, so they'll be back across the Pond if the tour ends in early May.
    I'm waiting for the Liverpool and Manchester venues to be announced, as it'll make a good weekend pair of gigs.
    The only time I saw Brand X was Knebworth 1978, so it'll be long overdue.
    Huh?
    I am not talking about the festival, but about this:
    May 06: Glastonbury (tentative)
    Just between Birmingham and Bath VDGG gigs...

On your next tour, any chance you'll make it to Bend , Oregon -- I'd take Portland as well