Thread: Parking Advice For Rosfest

Parking Advice For Rosfest

I know that there is a pay parking deck behind the Majestic Theatre in Gettysburg, but if I get there and the deck is filled, can anyone recommend the next best parking option? Thanks in advance.

Library Jon

Quote Originally Posted by Library Jon View Post
    I know that there is a pay parking deck behind the Majestic Theatre in Gettysburg, but if I get there and the deck is filled, can anyone recommend the next best parking option? Thanks in advance.

Library Jon
    The vacant lot behind the parking garage.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Between the lines

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As Geezer mentioned there is another lot back behind the ramp. The one year I did not stay within walking distance we parked back there. Drank beer between shows and no one hassled us. The lot was free parking at that time (which has been a few years).

Friday night I park in the structure. Saturday and Sunday I park in the lot by the fire station 2 blocks away.
    It is good exercise, it is permit only at that lot Friday until sometime after the show starts so I pay.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

Parallel Parking Yes?

None. You turn around and go back home.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

There’s something about paying to park my car that’s always annoyed me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    None. You turn around and go back home.
    This^^^

Quote Originally Posted by markwoll View Post
    Friday night I park in the structure. Saturday and Sunday I park in the lot by the fire station 2 blocks away.
    It is good exercise, it is permit only at that lot Friday until sometime after the show starts so I pay.
    I think that is the same lot I am thinking of, as I remember one of the days the fire department was doing drills over on one side of the lot.

I'm wondering about parking for the host hotel for the after parties. We're staying at the Gettysburg Hotel but it may be too long of a walk there, and WAY too long back!
    JG

"MARKLAR!"

I thought that the people that parked at that lot behind the venue got notes on their windshield saying please don't park here, a few years ago. Are there any other pay lots in the area?

Library Jon

I found an answer on Face book. There is a Gettysburg College lot called the Stone Lot on Constitution Avenue which is free to park at. People say that it is a 1/2 mile walk.

Library Jon

From the Majestic site:

Free parking and roundtrip shuttle service is available from Gettysburg College’s Constitutional Parking Lot. Shuttle starts one hour before the performance. Shuttle service is located at the Gettysburg College Constitution Parking lot (located on Constitution Avenue, off N. Washington Street), two blocks west of the theater. This service begins 1 hour before each live performance. Meet the shuttle close to the east side of the parking lot, at the sign indicating pick-up location. Then after the show, the shuttle will pick you up in front of the Majestic and return you to Constitution Parking Lot. The shuttle is wheelchair accessible.

I parked there the first year of RoSfest and it was about a 5-10 minute walk. It is free parking but I do not think the shuttle runs for Rosfest.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Stephen Hawking

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fracktured View Post
    There’s something about paying to park my car that’s always annoyed me
    Probably the paying aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Library Jon View Post
    I thought that the people that parked at that lot behind the venue got notes on their windshield saying please don't park here, a few years ago. Are there any other pay lots in the area?

Library Jon
    We never had any hassles, but I only parked there one year and that was several years ago.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by markwoll View Post
    Have parked there and it’s an easy walk. However if it’s cold and rainy, not so much fun.

I will be there for Sunday only, probably free parking on street then.

Plenty of tickets available for shows it seems.