Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Steve Hillage

Quote Originally Posted by Udi Koomran View Post
    I was offered to remix Weidorje and declined
    Wooah! For the Replica vinyl or the Musea renditions in 2015?

I can certainly see your point there; it wouldn't need "remixing". Great sounding album of fantastic music.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

I've been steaming through the Hillage releases over the past week. I did the whole of the Gong 'Radio Gnome Trilogy' + associated recordings in one sitting... Am now listening to 'Green'. Much like 'Motivation Radio' in my opening post, this is one of those records that just never gets old. Love it.

Those who like to read something about Steve Hillage-the producer: In Themes For Great Cities - A New History Of Simple Minds, written by Graeme Thomson, Hillage is being interviewed for his work on Sons And Fascination/Sister Feeling Call.

I was lucky enough to see Hillage with Miquette Giraudy and the current incarnation of Gong as his backing band at Nottingham Rock City in May of last year. They were absolutely sensational, and Hillage himself has lost absolutely none of his chops overs the years - in fact, he might just be playing better than ever. He said at the gig that it might be the last time he goes out and focuses purely on his 70s material, so I feel very lucky to have caught that show. My only (slight) disappointment was that he didn't, to my recollection, play anything from Motivation Radio, and I'd have loved to hear something like 'Searching for the Spark'. Other than that, though, it was one of the best gigs I've ever been to.

I’ve seen him with the current Gong band too, and agree it was really very good. I hope they can do another tour before it’s too late for us all, I love hearing his classic material live

Man, I hope some of those shows were recorded.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    Man, I hope some of those shows were recorded.
    There's the odd clip on Youtube, I think. Saw them at Exeter. Got the T-shirt!