Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Nick Masons Saucerful Of Secrets

According to Richard Barbieri, he told Anil Prasad that he was invited to join the band a year ago!!!!

Mason's appreciation for the early materials + his production and collaborations on some of my favourite albums (Rock Bottom, Hilage's Green, Gong Shamal, The Happless Child, Fictious Sports etc etc) lead me to believe that even though he might not be considered the best drummer in the world, he has some fantastic ears

I hope it goes well and product will be released.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Too bad Rick isn't around to partake in this, or that this idea wasn't carried out earlier. But it should be pretty cool.

I hope they play The Final Cut in its entirety.
    If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

"And it's only the giving
    That makes you what you are" - Ian Anderson

Wow.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by gpeccary View Post
    I double clicked, sorry, I asked Duncan to remove it...
    I've merged the 2 threads.

We're good.
    Regards,

Duncan

My big dilemma of the day was to decide which Saucers thread to post in..oh ok, guess it this one.
    Perhaps OP was thinking of Echoes.

This subject matter is giving me flashbacks of patchouli incense and zig zags. I remember going to a midnight showing of Pink Floyd Live at Pompeii at our local theater. Great live version of Saucerful of Secrets.
    Last edited by Top Cat; 04-17-2018 at 06:33 PM.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

Nice to see an artist taking their best shot with a cool website. Of course, I would expect no less from any member of PF.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by progman1975 View Post
    According to Richard Barbieri, he told Anil Prasad that he was invited to join the band a year ago!!!!
    Now HE would have been a great fill in for Wright!!

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    They should do some tracks from Fictitious Sports and the Mason & Fenn album.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    They should do some tracks from Fictitious Sports and the Mason & Fenn album.
    God I hope not!

I'm sure if it's at all good there'll be DVDs, BDs, CDs, t-shirts, etc. Possibly even a superdeluxe edition.
    What, no scarves or marbles?

God I hope not!
    I love this track

Quote Originally Posted by Zeuhlmate View Post
    I love this track

I think that album is a wonderful hidden gem. It is really a Carla Bley album, but they stuck Nick Mason's name on it to get bigger advances (according to Mason).

I love Carla Bley and I love this album.
    True, when I heard it as a Floyd fan I thought WTF, but years later came with fresh ears and less floyd bias, and I loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by Socrates View Post
    It is really a Carla Bley album, but they stuck Nick Mason's name on it to get bigger advances (according to Mason).
    that was always pretty clear from listening. great album - love wyatt's vocals and windo's sax playing on this

God I hope not!
    I was sort of being facetious about the Mason + Fenn album, but not the Fictitious Sports album. I actually do like both albums though. Mason + Fenn probably sounds a bit cheesy now, but I listened to it a lot back in the day.

I was sort of being facetious about the Mason + Fenn album, but not the Fictitious Sports album. I actually do like both albums though. Mason + Fenn probably sounds a bit cheesy now, but I listened to it a lot back in the day.
    I realized I posted that not having heard it in AGES...the Fenn album, if I remember correctly, is why I forgot it!

Very happy to hear that they have finally got this going. I also hope there will be more shows and some live recordings to purchase. Most of the Floyd live activity has been pretty light on this material so it will be nice if those early songs are given a fresh treatment and release. Maybe Nick saw how well Steve Hackett was doing with Genesis Revisited etc, and thought that was a good idea.

all those long jams starting with IO and Nick's Boogie, then Astronomy Domine and SOS and Set the Controls... some of my fav Floyd right there

Heck, even the Grand Vizier's Garden Party would be great to see played live!

now *that* should be one cool show!
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Quote Originally Posted by MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER View Post
    all those long jams starting with IO and Nick's Boogie, then Astronomy Domine and SOS and Set the Controls... some of my fav Floyd right there

Heck, even the Grand Vizier's Garden Party would be great to see played live!

now *that* should be one cool show!
    Agreed 100%!!

Set list from opening show:

Intro
    Interstellar Overdrive
    Astronomy Domine
    Lucifer Sam
    Fearless
    Obscured by Clouds
    When You're In
    Arnold Layne
    The Nile Song
    Green Is the Colour
    Let There Be More Light
    Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun
    See Emily Play
    Bike
    One of These Days

Encore:
    A Saucerful of Secrets
    Point Me at the Sk
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Well, that's disappointing.

And they don't need lasers and exploding pigs - just some liquid slides.