Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: ProgDay 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
    Hey, I resemble that remark, although I am looking forward to some announcements and to the second meeting of the Prog Beer Snobs.

Not every band is to my taste, but I do like having my horizons widened. Like the Geezer, I enjoy the camaraderie as much as the music. Hope there's a food truck or two this year.
    An Ice cream truck popping in during the afternoon would work too..

...and on a rainy Thursday!

Just now watched about five mins of the Metaphonia clip. I agree 100% Book Them please. I would have to think that just might be a potentially good business move.

Carry On
    Chris Buckley

Quote Originally Posted by beano View Post
    That is a great idea.
    Lou

Awarded the Krusty Brand Seal of Approval. It's not just good, it's good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by beano View Post
    I don't remember what year it was, but way back when Peter was running it an ice cream truck did show up one day. I am not sure if he had arranged for that or if the truck just happened into the Story Book Farm property, but that guy did a hell of a business that afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by winkersnufs View Post
    ...and on a rainy Thursday!

Just now watched about five mins of the Metaphonia clip. I agree 100% Book Them please. I would have to think that just might be a potentially good business move.

Carry On
    Chris Buckley
    I saw them at Progtoberfest year before last and they were one of the big surprises of the festival. Great young band with kind of a jam band / prog vibe. I agree they would be great outdoors at the Farm.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    I don't remember what year it was, but way back when Peter was running it an ice cream truck did show up one day. I am not sure if he had arranged for that or if the truck just happened into the Story Book Farm property, but that guy did a hell of a business that afternoon.
    I've probably said this before but the year the vitamin water people pulled up with Scale The Summit i think, man, cute girls handing out cold water, that was a big hit in my book.

In anticipation of this year's event, I have recently uploaded to youtube videos I took of four bands from last year's ProgDay:

iNFiNiAN 3:31 min.
    BUBBLEMATH 42:10 min.
    EPHEMERAL SUN 26:59 min.
    SHYLOCK 1:25:35

Quote Originally Posted by progman1975 View Post
    I guess Hillage would be too expensive...***sigh***

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
    Besides which, is he still performing as "The Steve Hillage Band"? I had the impression he and Miquette are just doing System 7 now.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    He was planning some gigs with Gong, not sure any got arranged.
    Ian

I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    He was planning some gigs with Gong, not sure any got arranged.
    I think I read that he (Hillage) is touring Japan with Gong later this year or 2019; Leonardo put it together.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

This space for rent: Well established location. Perfect opportunity for an up and coming smart-ass to benefit from our years of provocation!

"You run a great label, but sometimes you go out of your way to be a jerk." - Jed Levin

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Sweeet. That was a really, really wonderful day.

Gong just did a show with Steve Hillage in Oslo a couple of weeks ago. We have four Japanese shows together in Oct/Nov this year and maybe Canada in November too.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Six bands announced so far, only one non-US. I wonder what the last two announcements will bring?

RE: a preshow, I see this is scheduled at Cat's Cradle for the Friday night:

Interstellar Overdrive ~ A Saucerful of Pink Floyd
    A full audio/visual Pink Floyd experience with music spanning the band’s entire history, featuring full album performances of ANIMALS and DARK SIDE OF THE MOON.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/biz/I...8883249277729/

Joining us at the Cat's Cradle will be none other than Prog Day alumni, Jimmy Robinson with a special acoustic opening set.. we would like to encourage you all to swing by Jimmy's page and check out his music.

https://www.facebook.com/Jimmy-Robin...503925…/

JIMMY ROBINSON 8:30 to 9:15

INTERSTELLAR OVERDRIVE 9:30 to 11:45

WOOT!

I've seen Jimmy once with his band Wooden Head and twice acoustically solo. He's worth the price of admission alone.
    Lou

Awarded the Krusty Brand Seal of Approval. It's not just good, it's good enough.

How does someone gain membership to the prog beer snobs group?

Quote Originally Posted by gryphs also View Post
    How does someone gain membership to the prog beer snobs group?
    Show up with beer.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

This space for rent: Well established location. Perfect opportunity for an up and coming smart-ass to benefit from our years of provocation!

"You run a great label, but sometimes you go out of your way to be a jerk." - Jed Levin

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    Show up with beer.
    They are partial to Miller Lite, Coors and when they get exotic, Corona (without the lime).
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Sure Geez. Friends don't let friends drink Miller Lite.

I'll show up with some homebrew strawberry wheat beer, New England IPAs, and I'll bring some sours from one of the best microbreweries in Ontario.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    Show up with beer.
    Ah no. Show up with good beer

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    They are partial to Miller Lite, Coors and when they get exotic, Corona (without the lime).
    The Horror, The Horror.

Quote Originally Posted by gryphs also View Post
    Sure Geez. Friends don't let friends drink Miller Lite.

I'll show up with some homebrew strawberry wheat beer, New England IPAs, and I'll bring some sours from one of the best microbreweries in Ontario.
    That will do it, Tony.
    Lou

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Yup, that will be very welcome.
    Ian

I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by philsunset View Post
    Ah no. Show up with good beer
    you beat me to it

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Last night I had a weird dream that I was at a prog festival which was kind of like Progday (as far as the informal atmosphere), but was on some crazy, old-fashioned boat (not a modern cruise ship like CTTE). The idea was that the boat sailed past the bands (which were floating on something? I never got to the part where the music started!). But there was no assigned seating, and all different kinds of seating (benches, tables, etc.), so I was trying to find a good place to sit. But there was a lot of socializing going on before it all started, and also merchandise tables, etc. I didn't actually see anyone that looked familiar, although there were some people who I apparently was supposed to know in the dream.

Weird! A combination of fun/interesting, and also stressful because of the seating being so strange.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Last night I had a weird dream that I was at a prog festival which was kind of like Progday (as far as the informal atmosphere), but was on some crazy, old-fashioned boat (not a modern cruise ship like CTTE). The idea was that the boat sailed past the bands (which were floating on something? I never got to the part where the music started!). But there was no assigned seating, and all different kinds of seating (benches, tables, etc.), so I was trying to find a good place to sit. But there was a lot of socializing going on before it all started, and also merchandise tables, etc. I didn't actually see anyone that looked familiar, although there were some people who I apparently was supposed to know in the dream.

Weird! A combination of fun/interesting, and also stressful because of the seating being so strange.
    Maybe it was a Harold Hecuba production?
    "If you want to see the true nature of humanity, just look at the internet."

http://www.discogs.com/user/moecurlythanu/collection