Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 303637383940

Thread: F1 Racing

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlight Caller View Post
    Silverstone produces one of the best races in a very long time. I won’t chat about the result in case anyone is watching on catchup, but that was quite something today.
    Great race, awesome result!!

Only saddened by one of the late-race retirements (again, no spoilers, but you know who I mean )
    Regards,

Duncan

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    Once again, the punishment doesn't fit the crime. Max knocks Lando out of the race, is able to finish 5th or 6th, and only gets a 10 second penalty.

I really think if you cause a collision, you should go one place behind the person you hit and then be assessed a time penalty. And if that person gets knocked out of the race, you go to the back of the field.

But Max maybe should have gotten a penalty for too many blocking moves even before that.
    I did not seen anything in Max’s move that would not been happening on ongoing base during any F1 racing. 10s is more than appropriate, not because of Max’s move but because of the outcome of it. If Lando would back off, as IMHO he should in that situation, there would be no contact and no penalty issued whatsoever.
    And Lando would have opportunity to take Max down later since he had a faster car at that point of the race.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Pragmatic View Post
    I did not seen anything in Max’s move that would not been happening on ongoing base during any F1 racing.
    Yes, drivers have moved under braking or blocked other drivers. Most recently, Kevin Magnussen blocking Lewis Hamilton at Miami for numerous laps. And he got penalized for it.
    Zak Brown more or less said the same thing I did: that he should have been warned by his team prior to the collision. Not that that means much. However...

The commentators mentioned this week that:

F1 race director Niels Wittich reportedly told the teams that in hindsight Max Verstappen should’ve been shown the black-and-white flag for moving under braking in Austria.

I don't know how long you've been watching Formula 1 but the rules state that you're only allowed one move under braking. Max moved more than once on numerous occasions.

Furthermore, as they approached the corner where they collided, not only did Max not leave any room for Lando, another infringement of the rules, but Max actually veered left to cut Lando off:

10s is more than appropriate, not because of Max’s move but because of the outcome of it.
    Magnussen got three 10-second penalties just for blocking. He also got three points on his license. Max caused a collision. 10 seconds is not appropriate.

In fact, I'm going to update my previous statement. If a driver causes a collision, not only should they go behind the driver they collided with and get a time penalty, but they should also get points on their license, depending on the outcome of the collision.

If Lando would back off, as IMHO he should in that situation, there would be no contact and no penalty issued whatsoever.
    So now you're blaming the victim.

Lando was beside Max. They hit rear wheel to rear wheel. As the rules stipulate, Lando had every right to be there.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    Yes, drivers have moved under braking or blocked other drivers. Most recently, Kevin Magnussen blocking Lewis Hamilton at Miami for numerous laps. And he got penalized for it.
    Zak Brown more or less said the same thing I did: that he should have been warned by his team prior to the collision. Not that that means much. However...

The commentators mentioned this week that:

F1 race director Niels Wittich reportedly told the teams that in hindsight Max Verstappen should’ve been shown the black-and-white flag for moving under braking in Austria.

I don't know how long you've been watching Formula 1 but the rules state that you're only allowed one move under braking. Max moved more than once on numerous occasions.

Furthermore, as they approached the corner where they collided, not only did Max not leave any room for Lando, another infringement of the rules, but Max actually veered left to cut Lando off:

Magnussen got three 10-second penalties just for blocking. He also got three points on his license. Max caused a collision. 10 seconds is not appropriate.

In fact, I'm going to update my previous statement. If a driver causes a collision, not only should they go behind the driver they collided with and get a time penalty, but they should also get points on their license, depending on the outcome of the collision.

So now you're blaming the victim.

Lando was beside Max. They hit rear wheel to rear wheel. As the rules stipulate, Lando had every right to be there.
    I am just saying there were two to tango and Lando made mistake pushing on in the situation he could not gain from. He could get Max easily on the straight stretch anytime after.
    And Lando is not a victim. He was doing all sorts of “hard riding” himself to go ahead before, including driving outside of track and trying to push Max off the track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk