Page 1 of 35 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: F1 Racing

F1 Racing

My buddy is getting me into this sport. Sort of fascinating, yet gets a but longwinded at times. I guess I'm a Ferrari fan and I like Sebastian Vettel. These guys are crazy and super talented. I'm gonna try and follow this new season as much as possible.

Fans?
    If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

"And it's only the giving
    That makes you what you are" - Ian Anderson

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Certainly a fan though not fanatical. Biggest complaint the sport gets is not enough overtaking. Probably the top drivers in any motor sport in the World. Tends to be dominated by Mercedes & Ferrari though yesterdays result may point to a more wide of season this year. I'm a Hamilton guy what with him being British. One weird trivial fact is that 8 of the 11 teams are based in a small area of England. Primarily due to the availability of aerospace engineers and obsolete airfields post WWII.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

I'm following the Haas team.

Anybody watch Azerbaijan? That was crazy crazy stuff. I'm really getting into this sport. Hamilton for the win, but Bottas got cheated with shrapnel on the track. Barcelona in 2 weeks.

Weird race, crazy stuff. Became a 4 lap sprint due to the safety car. Thought Vettel threw away his position with the lock up and gifted Hamilton the pass. Feel really sorry for Bottas with that horrible luck. Nick Lauda was rightly pissed afterwards wonder how that shrapnel could still be on the circuit after all that time the safety car was out. Hamilton was gifted the win but probably deserves the luck given recent bad luck. The two Red Bulls taking each other out was nuts, going to be some tough talk for that team this week. It's been a good season so far, loads of tight racing.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Yes a weird race indeed! Lots of incidents, same as last year. The Red Bull Team had their own show for sure!
    My Progressive Workshop at http://soundcloud.com/hfxx

Yes and yes. Can't believe how much I dig it! Just what I need on the weekends.....another 2+ hour distraction

Can't wait for Barcelona. I love both Ferrari and AMG road cars, and have both t-shirts and hats of both, but I haven't officially chosen a driver or a team yet, although Vettel seems like a cool guy.

Red Bull must be beyond angry at this point. Would like to be a fly on the wall to hear the conversation between Max and Daniel, can't be pretty.

Hamilton is my guy. Always like a British World Champion.
    Ian

Spanish Gran Prix (Barcelona) - 9:10 AM start (eastern USA)

Hamilton has Pole position, Ian.

PE Member Since 4/9/2002 NeonKnight's Avatar
    Yeah, huge F1 fan. Lewis is great, when he cuts out his diva act. Love Ferrari too.

Unlike the NFL, I think it is just fine to have a second and third and 4th favorite team in F1..... ( at Ian )

Today's F1 is great, but I love watching clips of the old days. I was a huge ABC's Wide World of Sports fan as a kid, and I loved Monaco and Jackie Stewart back in those days. Senna was awesome too....
    “Where words fail, music speaks.” - Hans Christian Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by NeonKnight View Post
    Unlike the NFL, I think it is just fine to have a second and third and 4th favorite team in F1..... ( at Ian )

What do you mean?
    Ian

Dominant performance from Hamilton, Ferrari seemed off the pace the whole race. That crash at the start was a huge mess.
    Ian

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Dominant performance from Hamilton, Ferrari seemed off the pace the whole race. That crash at the start was a huge mess.
    That crash could've been much worse though.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Congrats to Lewis - solid the entire time. Gotta feel badly for Kimi - poor luck. I am really loving this! I am actually contemplating Montreal in June, but most likely not.

Bottas in Australia.

Very impressive to be 20+ seconds ahead of Hamilton, I thought Ferrari were meant to be faster?
    Ian

didn't realize this started today. American coverage has become even worse of late, but hopefully ill be able to watch more than I did last year (which is theoretically easy).

^^ Not surprising, since we here in the States know little or nothing about football, or "soccer" as we call it.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by progmatist View Post
    ^^ Not surprising, since we here in the States know little or nothing about football, or "soccer" as we call it.
    That's what is called a blessing.

also, soccer seems to be on all the time nowadays. I don't really know how these things are broken down (so idk how many leagues I get coverage of) but if I wanted to watch soccer I could much more easily than F1. But the powers that be (sports wise) definitely want it to catch hold in america.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Chang Ba View Post
    That's what is called a blessing.

also, soccer seems to be on all the time nowadays. I don't really know how these things are broken down (so idk how many leagues I get coverage of) but if I wanted to watch soccer I could much more easily than F1. But the powers that be (sports wise) definitely want it to catch hold in america.
    I believe that both the Premier League and Formula One are covered in the U.S. by NBC Sports Network (NBCSN). We have it on our cable system. They televise select Premier league games and I think all of the F-1 races. They even televise F-1 practice and qualification for many of the races.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    I believe that both the Premier League and Formula One are covered in the U.S. by NBC Sports Network (NBCSN). We have it on our cable system. They televise select Premier league games and I think all of the F-1 races. They even televise F-1 practice and qualification for many of the races.
    Actually it was taken over by ESPN last year. NBCSN did a fair job with replays and promoting and stuff...but with the mass volume of sports ESPN shows this is much more difficult. I assume they do show qualifying still, but honestly I'm unsure.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Chang Ba View Post
    Actually it was taken over by ESPN last year. NBCSN did a fair job with replays and promoting and stuff...but with the mass volume of sports ESPN shows this is much more difficult. I assume they do show qualifying still, but honestly I'm unsure.
    I did not know that. I would think they would be squeezed out a lot more on ESPN.