Thread: IQ in Montreal this October

IQ in Montreal this October

Just a heads up for anyone who is interested in seeing IQ this fall in Montreal, the tickets just went on sale this morning, directly from Club Soda's own website. I grabbed mine, can't wait! (I also love that there are no extra fees since it doesn't go through Ticketmaster.)
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    Damn. I wish they were playing a venue with reserved seating. At least when they played La Tulipe last time around we had guaranteed table seating in front.

Love this translation. Toad of Bones indeed.

"IQ in Montreal

The English progressive rock band IQ will be back in Montreal on October 4th. The English group will present many pieces having marked their long career.

With Marillion, IQ is one of the mainstays of neo-prog, a movement started in the early 80s. Their first album, Tales from the Lush Attic, was released in 1983. Compared to Gensis in their early days, it's in 1993 with the album Ever that IQ reaches maturity with a refined and personalized sound.

Subsequently, the sound quality of IQ's albums has always been remarkable and constantly improving. The album of their album, Toad of Bones, is considered by many music critics to be the best rock-progressive album of the year 2014.

IQ is composed of Peter Nicholls (vocals), Mike Holmes (guitar), Paul Cook (drums), Tim Essau (bass) and Neil Durant (claviers).

With an album to be released at the end of 2018, Montreal fans will be able to hear new pieces from IQ en primeur."

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    Ok. Got two.

See you guys there!

....and two days later at ProgStock in Rahway, NJ!!!

Quote Originally Posted by harbinger58 View Post
    ....and two days later at ProgStock in Rahway, NJ!!!
    I’m debating whether to see the Montreal show or try for a single day ticket for Progstock. It’s about 5 hours either way from my Massachusetts lair. Montreal is always fun but pricey, what goes on in Rahway besides Progstock?

Quote Originally Posted by schlongasaurus View Post
    what goes on in Rahway besides Progstock?
    I think there's a prison.

When "regular" tickets go on sale for ProgStock in June, there will be mezzanine tickets....still great seats......which will be priced at $145 for the whole weekend. Hard to beat that.

Ticket bought for Montreal!

"Angels die, redemption rages
    The age of man on an empty page
    And chances are
    This will save your soul or break it forever "

Is that it? Just two NA dates? *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by dgtlman View Post
    Is that it? Just two NA dates? *sigh*
    Three. The first show is in Quebec City.

I'm happy to be seeing them, but it would be nice if they could squeeze a few more shows in while they're over here.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    I think there's a prison.
    I used to deliver to a pharmaceutical place there called Merck.

New album in late 2018? I think they're getting ahead of themselves in the press blurb!

Quote Originally Posted by LeFrog View Post
    New album in late 2018? I think they're getting ahead of themselves in the press blurb!
    It’s been about 4 years now since the road of bones I believe. That’s about right for an IQ release. I’m hoping but not holding my breath that they add a few more dates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey IQ, if you're reading this, there's this pretty big city in the Midwest called Chicago. Pretty good pizza and a lot of neighborhood bars. A lot of out of town visitors. And a prog festival going on in October, and actually prog fans outside of the NE corridor. Just a suggestion.....
    Last edited by DocProgger; 04-16-2018 at 12:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DocProgger View Post
    Hey IQ, if you're reading this, there's this pretty big city in the Midwest called Chicago. Pretty good pizza and a lot of neighborhood bars. A lot of out of town visitors. And a prog festival going on in October, and actually prog fans outside of the NE corridor. Just a suggestion.....
    Yeah, and Dallas is pretty proggy these days too. Marillion, Uriah Heep, Sons of Apollo (in May), Dream Theater, Haken, King Crimson & Utopia (next week), just to name a few, have all stopped by recently & drawn nice crowds

Planning a "road trip" from Rahway up to Quebec City & Montreal before Progstock. Bought my tickets......Quebec City looks to be in a theater with reserved seats. Montreal seems to be general admission.

One preliminary problem I see is the long drive from Montreal back to Rahway to make the 3:30PM start of Progstock!

Anyone local to Quebec City and Montreal have recommendations for lodging close to the venues? Good food? Would it be better to get a room in the suburbs to avoid morning traffic in the city? I was thinking of just parking the car at a hotel.....then walk to dining & venue.

Right now....a rental car is cheaper than flights to / from Newark Liberty Airport.
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

Going to the Montreal show also. Very excited and happy to say this will be my second IQ show after last year in Quebec City for the Scraping Across the World Tour 2017. The Club Soda site says they will premier some new material at these shows, Fantastic!

Roger Hodgson plays Montreal three times in October 2018 as well, good combo right?