Thread: The Cyberiam

The Cyberiam

Anyone hear of this band yet? Just saw they are playing close to where i live April 28th (Sundance Saloon, Mundelien, IL), even better a Porcupine Tree tribute band is opening. Chicago based Prog/Metal band.

www.thecyberiam.com

Yeah, cool band. I caught their debut show at Wire, and my band just shared the bill with them a few weeks ago. It's kind of a haul, but I'm planning on going to Sundance as I have not seen Cloud Zero (PT tribute) yet.

Great new band. Their entire album is very very good. Very mature for a first album as these guys have a ton of experience in the music field.

So I did go see this show the other night in Mundelein. I was impressed, definitely a prog band and worth seeing. All original music and all four band members are strong musicians. There were maybe 50 people in the crowd. Looks like the rest of their shows scheduled this year are in the Chicago area including Progtoberfest at Reggies. I was also impressed with Cloud Zero, a Porcupine Tree tribute band. Talked with the keyboard player and he has been playing prog since the 70's, mostly cover like Genesis, Marillion etc... They have 3 1/2 hours worth of material. They will be playing around Chicago throughout the year.