Thread: Scorsese directing a Netflix SCTV special! :O

Scorsese directing a Netflix SCTV special! :O

https://globalnews.ca/news/4140272/m...edium=Facebook

SCTV freaks rejoice! What a surprise announcement this was to me. Very much looking forward to it.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

WOOHOO!!
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

I do hope there will be a moment for those two Canadian philosopher brothers whose sole purpose was to provide "Canadian content". And maybe a visit to the Organ Emporium.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

The series’ stars include some of the most celebrated names in laughter, including ... Tony Rosato.
    Now that's funny!
    Hell, they ain't even old-timey ! - Homer Stokes

Loved that show. Especially before NBC picked it up.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Like many, I grew up with SCTV. Sitting with my friends, laughing our asses off.

Totally looking forward to the new series.
    Last edited by mozo-pg; 04-29-2018 at 04:20 PM.

Rick Moranis isn't dead, is he? How is he not a part of this?

IMO John Candy was the funniest part of this show. He is sorely missed.

For those not in the know, Eugene Levy and Catherine O'Hara are in the 3rd season of a show called Schitt's Creek. My girlfriend loves it. I have yet to watch an episode.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

NEARfest Officer Emeritus Nearfest2's Avatar
    Rick Moranis retired from all acting back in 1997 after his wife died. He essentially dedicated his life to raising his kids. He did a one-off Bob and Doug show with Dave Thomas at a benefit last year, but that's about it outside of some voice acting.
    Chad

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Rick Moranis isn't dead, is he? How is he not a part of this?
    When Rick Moranis' wife died of breast cancer, he pretty much gave up acting to raise their children. This was over 20 years ago. Very commendable decision.

Moranis did one of my all time favourite SCTV characters... Gerry Todd! And I crack up just thinking about him as Mel Torme singing the Star Spangled Banner!

I'm in the mood now to pull Dave Thomas' SCTV: Behind The Scenes book from the shelf. Haven't flipped through that in years!
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

When we lived outside Detroit we had a tv station from Windsor that ran SCTV every Friday night(new episodes at the time).
    One of my favorite comedy shows at the time, and it was great seeing many of the stars go on to successful movie careers.
    John Candy is greatly missed.

I don't have Netflix, hopefully this will be rebroadcast some other way.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Wow, missed this thread till now! Very surprising! I’m a big SCTV fan like many of us. So many great skits. I used to have on VHS that great mash-up parody of all the classic Christmas movies they did. Need to try to find that again. Genius.
    Last edited by JKL2000; 04-29-2018 at 02:56 AM.

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    I still enjoy Count Floyd's intro to Bush's The Weapon. Ooph, scary stuff.

Kids in the Hall were funnier, though SCTV was more Canadianer.