Thread: Gizmodrome Live Clips! Cool Covers!

Gizmodrome Live Clips! Cool Covers!

Thela^

Elephant Talk^

Young Lions^

Bombs Away ^

Ms Gradenko with Adrian on vocs^

Darkness^

Kinda cool to see some of Stew's Police tunes make their live debuts....

Who plays drums on the songs where Stewart plays guitar? He's good, and can duplicate Stewart's feel pretty well. It's not Adrian.

have they discussed a north America tour? been trying to keep up but haven't seen anything.,

Quote Originally Posted by Baribrotzer View Post
    Who plays drums on the songs where Stewart plays guitar? He's good, and can duplicate Stewart's feel pretty well. It's not Adrian.
    Pete Ray Biggin, Level 42 drummer.

Still trying to wrap my head around Copeland’s vox on the studio album. Sometimes I like them, and then there’s the other times.

Definitely in for a live album and/or show. Thanks for posting, Sean.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    Still trying to wrap my head around Copeland’s vox on the studio album. Sometimes I like them, and then there’s the other times.

Definitely in for a live album and/or show. Thanks for posting, Sean.
    I know what you mean. For the most part I enjoy them, but there are a few places where it just doesn't quite work for me.

Still love that CD though, and glad to have it.

I need to see this band live. But I've said that as soon as I found out they were recording together.

There are two bands I really NEED to see. These guys and Rothery's band. I'm going to have a blast watching the rest of these clips.

they have a 3LP/2CD live album out now. I haven't heard it yet because I'm probably gonna buy the record. Looks like some 80s Police & King Crimson tunes are on it too. This preview track is really great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcNWlA11Llk

kinda begs the question, why did Stewart do so many of the vocals on the album? I still enjoy the hell out of it - it's such a fun record - but it's weird how good the backing vocals are compared to the lead...its like a William Shatner album or something
    Critter Jams "album of the week" blog: http://critterjams.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by JAMOOL View Post
    they have a 3LP/2CD live album out now. I haven't heard it yet because I'm probably gonna buy the record. Looks like some 80s Police & King Crimson tunes are on it too. This preview track is really great.
    I'm in!
    "what's better, peanut butter or g-sharp minor?"
    - Sturgeon's Lawyer, 2021

Where can one order said live album (if one is so inclined).

Avoiding Amazon is usually mine—er, one’s priority.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

kinda begs the question, why did Stewart do so many of the vocals on the album? I still enjoy the hell out of it - it's such a fun record - but it's weird how good the backing vocals are compared to the lead...its like a William Shatner album or something
    Honestly, and no offense intended because it's a common enough question, but it's weird how often this question is asked. The sound of the band is built around his voice, and they're his songs. It would've sounded entirely different with Belew or King singing lead - pretty much like a Belew or Level 42 album, wouldn't it? Personally I think his delivery is unique and hella charismatic, and is a big part of what I love about the album. There really is no shortage of opportunities for me to hear Belew or King singing, is there?

my copy finally arrived. some initial impressions

1) this band is incredibly fun and tight. I really do like the material here but I kinda wonder what else they could do. reminds me of 80's Crimson
    2) speaking of, Adrian Belew sounds almost exactly as he did on those 80s recordings! What the hell? He even does a great Sting impersonation!
    3) the KC material is more technical than I thought. Divorced from its context "Elephant Talk" is a really odd tune isn't it?
    4) Copeland - still a cornball. still love him though
    5) "Excesses"...what a weird Klark Kent song to revisit.
    6) the cover of "Darkness" is really great. better than The Police could've done

my copy finally arrived. some initial impressions

1) this band is incredibly fun and tight. I really do like the material here but I kinda wonder what else they could do. reminds me of 80's Crimson
    2) speaking of, Adrian Belew sounds almost exactly as he did on those 80s recordings! What the hell? He even does a great Sting impersonation!
    3) the KC material is more technical than I thought. Divorced from its context "Elephant Talk" is a really odd tune isn't it?
    4) Copeland - still a cornball. still love him though
    5) "Excesses"...what a weird Klark Kent song to revisit.
    6) the cover of "Darkness" is really great. better than The Police could've done
    Agreed on all. Just listened to this for the first time in a few weeks yesterday. Such a great album. Also worth noting for those that lament Copeland singing everything on the album, Adrian sings Man in the Mountain here and it sounds not much different from Copeland's studio rendition.

As for its arrival, congrats. I'm still listening to the download that came with my amazon purchase. I got an email notification a few days ago that I should now expect my physical copy btwn January 30th and Feb 5.

how many shows did this band play? looking on setlist.fm it appears they didn't play many which makes their tightness pretty remarkable

Loving the live one, it sure has grown on me. Incredible playing, and sounds like they're having such a good time.