Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Soft Machine 2018 50th Anniversary USA Tour

Soft Machine 2018 50th Anniversary USA Tour

Tickets are now on sale for 3 nights, 2 shows each, October 12, 13 & 14 at The Iridium in NYC.

http://theiridium.com/events/soft-ma...usa-tour-2018/

I'm assuming other dates will pop up soon.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Yikes -- please come to the West Coast. This would be a HUGE check off the bucket list.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulrus View Post
    Yikes -- please come to the West Coast. This would be a HUGE check off the bucket list.
    Huge check off that list for me too. Just purchased tickets for the Friday & Saturday early shows. $30 each. Yep, $30!!!!!
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

What happened to the word "Legacy" in their name?

Quote Originally Posted by rcarlberg View Post
    What happened to the word "Legacy" in their name?
    No Ratledge, no Legacy ! ;-)
    Calyx (Canterbury Scene) - http://www.calyx-canterbury.fr
    Legends In Their Own Lunchtime (blog) - https://canterburyscene.wordpress.com/
    My latest books : "Yes" (2017) - https://lemotetlereste.com/musiques/yes/ + "L'Ecole de Canterbury" (2016) - http://lemotetlereste.com/musiques/lecoledecanterbury/ + "King Crimson" (2012/updated 2018) - http://lemotetlereste.com/musiques/kingcrimson/
    Canterbury & prog interviews - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdf...IUPxUMA/videos

Apparently also at Daryl's House (Pawling NY) on Oct 10 with Beledo opening

I found out from some digging they are playing the Monday after Progtoberfest in Chi at Shank Hall in Milwaukee. Already have tix bought. GA standing room place only unfortunately.
    Last edited by DocProgger; 04-10-2018 at 08:25 AM.

Leo to announce 9 more shows sometime this week!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DocProgger View Post
    I found out from some digging they are playing the Monday after Progtoberfest in Chi at Shank Hall in Milwaukee. Already have tix bought. GA standing room place only unfortunately.
    That's not true at all (regarding Shank Hall). It depends on the crowd draw. ALL the shows I attend there have been fully seated shows, or partial seated. Sometimes with rows of chairs, sometimes round tables and chairs. I know some of the metal acts and larger draw shows can be all-standing, but I go to Shanks all the time, and never have been in this set-up.

My best guess is that Soft Machine will be round tables and chairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Man In The Mountain View Post
    That's not true at all (regarding Shank Hall). It depends on the crowd draw. ALL the shows I attend there have been fully seated shows, or partial seated. Sometimes with rows of chairs, sometimes round tables and chairs. I know some of the metal acts and larger draw shows can be all-standing, but I go to Shanks all the time, and never have been in this set-up.

My best guess is that Soft Machine will be round tables and chairs.
    I'm just going by the tickets they are selling. All GA, no seat assignment. But, I've never been there. I hope it is seated if I decide to hit that one, I've got a bad knee.

I'm just going by the tickets they are selling. All GA, no seat assignment. But, I've never been there. I hope it is seated if I decide to hit that one, I've got a bad knee.
    There is never assigned seating, always GA. There will be seats. I have never attended a prog show at Shank Hall that was not all seated. Carl Palmer Band, Spock's Beard, The Tangent, District 97/Agents of Mercy, Champions of Nothing, and more... All seated. All GA.

Quote Originally Posted by Man In The Mountain View Post
    There is never assigned seating, always GA. There will be seats. I have never attended a prog show at Shank Hall that was not all seated. Carl Palmer Band, Spock's Beard, The Tangent, District 97/Agents of Mercy, Champions of Nothing, and more... All seated. All GA.
    You would think that they would mention seating for a show like this for people who haven't been there, especially since an older crowd might consider that important info. Anyway, good to know.

You would think that they would mention seating for a show like this for people who haven't been there, especially since an older crowd might consider that important info. Anyway, good to know.
    There are a several places around here that bounce between GA standing, GA seated, and some theater reserved seating , or GA.
    And just to keep it fresh, some have a few reserved tables and the rest standing.
    I guess it all depends on the band and if there is a cost difference between GA and Reserved in a theater setting.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by progman1975 View Post
    Leo to announce 9 more shows sometime this week!!!!
    Progstock Friday headliner?

Quote Originally Posted by Wah3 View Post
    Progstock Friday headliner?
    friday evening is still open...keeping fingers crossed

Quote Originally Posted by markwoll View Post
    There are a several places around here that bounce between GA standing, GA seated, and some theater reserved seating , or GA.
    And just to keep it fresh, some have a few reserved tables and the rest standing.
    I guess it all depends on the band and if there is a cost difference between GA and Reserved in a theater setting.
    Oh, I've been to plenty of venues that do both standing and temporary seated shows in some manner. But as far as I can remember, usually when you buy the tickets, the venue website will tell you if its a seated show or not. Steven Wilson and PT used to play a lot of venues like that, but you would know when buying the ticket if it was a seated show or standing etc. This Shank Hall website has a paucity of info on it, no seating charts of any kind, no mention of seating, and not even any pictures unless I missed them somewhere. And there is just one level of ticket, which is GA. It does have a lot of info on why they named it Shank Hall, after the fictitious venue depicted in Spinal Tap though, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by kenschwartz View Post
    friday evening is still open...keeping fingers crossed
    Didn't Progstock tickets go on sale already? Weird that they put them on sale without all of the headliners announced. I thought they just had some of those after-hours bands still TBA.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roth View Post
    Didn't Progstock tickets go on sale already? Weird that they put them on sale without all of the headliners announced. I thought they just had some of those after-hours bands still TBA.
    friday headliner and first band on sunday are listed at 'tba'

after hour bands are listed

http://www.progstock.com/2018/artist...2018-schedule/

This Shank Hall website has a paucity of info on it, no seating charts of any kind, no mention of seating, and not even any pictures unless I missed them somewhere. And there is just one level of ticket, which is GA. It does have a lot of info on why they named it Shank Hall, after the fictitious venue depicted in Spinal Tap though, lol.
    Yeah, they are not very good on information, and that may be because they don't decide what type of seating (rows or tables), or standing area they will put out until they see ticket sales. But, you will love Shank Hall! It's a fantastic intimate club with awesome sound. A true gem of Milwaukee.

Bumping this thread because the new one sucks.

Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    Bumping this thread because the new one sucks.
    If this was a Yes thread, you wouldn't have to do that.

I'm hoping for a PHX show!!!
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

San Francisco please!
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

Any additional dates? NJ Proghouse perhaps?