Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ghost-"new" vocalist introduced

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)

Ghost-"new" vocalist introduced

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_74Ijj6EpY

A list member turned me onto this outfit and I gotta say I've just been fascinated by their stuff. I feel kinda foolish pushing 59 and loving this conceit.

Interesting. So Tobias is going to be singing as a new character, this Cardinal? It will be interesting to see how this plays out. If they can keep up with songs as good as Square Hammer, I'm in.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

I get a kick out of this band. And their music is pretty damn catchy! Love the riffage!
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Same here. Not sure exactly what it is about them, but I love their stuff. Have seen them live twice (once as an opening act and once as a headliner) and loved both shows. I have not heard a release date for the new album, but I think it is coming soon.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Kind of cool. What was the previous singer’s “character?”

Quote Originally Posted by rickawakeman View Post
    The characters seem pretty similar. But in any case the band is interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Same here. Not sure exactly what it is about them, but I love their stuff.
    Same here. I think I'll throw on the new live album and see what wifey thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by rickawakeman View Post
    Same here. I think I'll throw on the new live album and see what wifey thinks.
    I still need to pick that up.

Old man of prog
    Same here. Not sure exactly what it is about them, but I love their stuff. Have seen them live twice (once as an opening act and once as a headliner) and loved both shows. I have not heard a release date for the new album, but I think it is coming soon.
    I like them too. Music reminds me very much of Blue Oyster Cult.

I've watched the videos for Square Hammer and Cirice twice now, and I can tell this band is for me! Very cool stuff! Thanks.

I'm reading the Wikipedia history of the band members. WTF? It's confusing as hell, has the lead singer ever actually changed? Or has he only changed characters? If anyone can give me a simple version, thanks! And people give Peter Gabriel and Fish grief for having worn a bit of face paint!

I like this:

When one interviewer suggested that the band's music had become more "radio-friendly" and that they were being accepted into the US mainstream, a Nameless Ghoul replied that in the US their music was banned from major chain stores, most late-night television shows, and most commercial radio stations. He said, "So, yes, mainstream America is absolutely welcoming us with open legs."
    Last edited by JKL2000; 04-08-2018 at 10:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I'm reading the Wikipedia history of the band members. WTF? It's confusing as hell, has the lead singer ever actually changed? Or has he only changed characters? If anyone can give me a simple version, thanks! And people give Peter Gabriel and Fish grief for having worn a bit of face paint!
    He just changes character. It's pretty much his band.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

^ Thanks!

This reminds me a bit of Devil Doll and Mr. Doctor.

I've watched the videos for Square Hammer and Cirice twice now, and I can tell this band is for me! Very cool stuff! Thanks.
    "Square Hammer" is my favorite single of the decade so far by anyone. Love that song. They also remind me of Blue Oyster Cult at times. Dark, but with a sense of humor.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic333 View Post
    He just changes character. It's pretty much his band.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Yup, all of the Papa's are Tobias Forge who is a Sweedish musician / vocalist / writer. The Nameless Ghouls have changed over the years in fact last year some of them filed a law suit against Tobias for royalties / money issues. One the last tour I saw them, the drummer was the same drummer who had been playing with Pendragon (his name escapes me at the moment).

Yup, all of the Papa's are Tobias Forge who is a Sweedish musician / vocalist / writer. The Nameless Ghouls have changed over the years in fact last year some of them filed a law suit against Tobias for royalties / money issues. One the last tour I saw them, the drummer was the same drummer who had been playing with Pendragon (his name escapes me at the moment).
    Wow, the Pendragon connection is interesting. How did you find out who the drummer was?

Wow, the Pendragon connection is interesting. How did you find out who the drummer was?
    I don't remember where I heard it originally, but his name is Jan Vincent-Velazco. On the Wiki page he is still listed as the current drummer for both bands.

I'm a bit of a late comer, saw them last year open for Iron Maiden and was completely entertained by the music, performance and stage production which is something really lacking these days by most newer bands. Kind of gave me the same feeling as watching my cats fight over a catnip toy. Looking forward to their tour with no opener in a nice theater.

About the Square Hammer video: why is the singer surprised by stuff in the movie? Is it because the movie features the “new” singer, and he’s the “previous” singer? I love the way he steps away from his seat! Overall it’s very cool.

About the Square Hammer video: why is the singer surprised by stuff in the movie? Is it because the movie features the “new” singer, and he’s the “previous” singer? I love the way he steps away from his seat! Overall it’s very cool.
    Not I have an answer for that one. Open to interpretation I guess.......

RATS!

Let's just hope the new Papa pays this joke of a band this time.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

I just did a bit of "research" on Loudwire.com, and found a lot of info, interviews, etc. about Ghost. I recommend visiting there if you want to find more info. But I'll post a few relevant, recent things:

Chapter I: New Blood

Chapter II: The Cardinal

New video: Rats