Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 69 of 69

Thread: Ghost-"new" vocalist introduced

  1. #51
    Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Westchester, NY
    Posts
    9,493
    Quote Originally Posted by The Crimson King View Post
    Ghost is satanic garbage. Their music is melodic and catchy somewhat, but nothing special. Their gimmick will bite them in the @$$ in ways they don’t yet imagine.
    What ways do you mean? Are you suggesting that any entertainment that deals with "Satanic imagery" is a mistake? Because there are lots of classic novels and short stories, lots of visual art, etc. that also involve Satanic imagery. Do you think there's something inherently wrong with that, or is it only Ghost that's doomed? (As I've said before, I think they inject a lot of humor into their work. That seems obvious.)

    I would imagine your user name "The Crimson King" implies you don't have a general problem with the idea of using Satanic imagery in art.

  2. #52
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Kalamazoo Michigan
    Posts
    3,352
    Quote Originally Posted by The Crimson King View Post
    Ghost is satanic garbage. Their music is melodic and catchy somewhat, but nothing special. Their gimmick will bite them in the @$$ in ways they don’t yet imagine.
    I don't think they are any more satanic than Black Sabbath, Alice Cooper, Blue Oyster Cult (whom they remind me of a lot) or quite a few other bands that have used similar gimmick's over the years, but who knows I guess. Like Jed, I think their "act" is very much played as a joke (especially live), and I think they write catchy music. I am one of those people who can enjoy Ghost and artists like Neal Morse equally, so that probably makes me rather odd .

  3. #53
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    180
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    I don't think they are any more satanic than Black Sabbath, Alice Cooper, Blue Oyster Cult (whom they remind me of a lot) or quite a few other bands that have used similar gimmick's over the years, but who knows I guess. Like Jed, I think their "act" is very much played as a joke (especially live), and I think they write catchy music. I am one of those people who can enjoy Ghost and artists like Neal Morse equally, so that probably makes me rather odd .
    I haven't heard a note of Ghost (I'll rectify that), but I thought I was the only one who really digs acts like Opeth and Theocracy about evenly. Odd indeed...
    'The smell of strange colours are heard everywhere'- Threshold

  4. #54
    Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Westchester, NY
    Posts
    9,493
    ďChapter IIIĒ was posted on their YT page. Weird.

  5. #55
    Irritated Lawn Guy Klonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Rockland, NY
    Posts
    1,186
    I can't get this Rats tune out my head! Singin' it each day at work That riff at the end is so killer I want it to keep going..."rrrrrrrrrats!"
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe

  6. #56
    Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Westchester, NY
    Posts
    9,493
    ^ yep!

    I got some notification today of what I thought was a new chapter in their story, but canít find it. Anyone? I hate those notifications that disappear too quickly.

    Managed to find it - just a one-minute promo for the tour, nothing special except a shot of a toddler made up like Papa. Thatís kind of fíd up!
    Last edited by JKL2000; 05-11-2018 at 12:16 AM.

  7. #57
    Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Westchester, NY
    Posts
    9,493
    First full listen to Prequelle today. Overall, it just seems too lightweight for me. A few great songs, the instrumentals arenít bad. But there are a few songs that are just too ABBA. But Iíll give it more time.

    I do like that the instrumental parts that are used in a couple of the promo videos are on the album - I like those.

  8. #58
    Irritated Lawn Guy Klonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Rockland, NY
    Posts
    1,186
    This has grown on me more each listen. I like the heavy too and the first few tunes start out with a bang. Great choruses throughout (exception being the super cheesy "don't you forget about dying. Don't you forget about your friend death..." from 'Pre Memoria' ). I like it enough, but prefer the first half. Altough I think the closer is real strong.

    Their first and 'Meliora' are still by far my favorites.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe

  9. #59
    Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Westchester, NY
    Posts
    9,493
    Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    This has grown on me more each listen. I like the heavy too and the first few tunes start out with a bang. Great choruses throughout (exception being the super cheesy "don't you forget about dying. Don't you forget about your friend death..." from 'Pre Memoria' ). I like it enough, but prefer the first half. Altough I think the closer is real strong.

    Their first and 'Meliora' are still by far my favorites.
    Interesting, I like that "don't you forget about dying..." part! I guess I really need to listen to the album again, because as I look at the track listing I think there are only about two songs that I don't like so much. But maybe those will grow on me too.

  10. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by The Crimson King View Post
    Ghost is satanic garbage. Their music is melodic and catchy somewhat, but nothing special. Their gimmick will bite them in the @$$ in ways they donít yet imagine.
    WAH?

    Old post but I have to reply - do you understand that "The Crimson King" is a name for the devil? Or are you joking? Doesn't sound like it - but well....

    v

  11. #61
    Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Westchester, NY
    Posts
    9,493
    I wondered the same thing, and asked what he meant, but he was never able to willing to explain.

  12. #62
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Kalamazoo Michigan
    Posts
    3,352
    New interview with Tobias Forge. Pretty interesting. Seems like a pretty cool down to earth dude.

  13. #63
    Irritated Lawn Guy Klonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Rockland, NY
    Posts
    1,186
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    New interview with Tobias Forge. Pretty interesting. Seems like a pretty cool down to earth dude.
    Pretty cool! Thanks for sharing that. This band is a lot of fun...gotta see 'em live sometime.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe

  14. #64
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Kalamazoo Michigan
    Posts
    3,352
    Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Pretty cool! Thanks for sharing that. This band is a lot of fun...gotta see 'em live sometime.
    They are a lot of fun live. Totally take the piss on their image. I have tickets to see them again in October.

  15. #65
    Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Westchester, NY
    Posts
    9,493

    Ghost-"new" vocalist introduced

    Mama Mia! I just saw an image of Papa Emeritus in a reflection on a pillow!


  16. #66
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Kalamazoo Michigan
    Posts
    3,352
    A new one:

  17. #67
    Member Jerjo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    small town in ND
    Posts
    3,591
    HILARIOUS!
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

  18. #68
    Member progholio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    st louis
    Posts
    533
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    A new one:
    7" Of Satanic Panic

    Brilliant video! pretty amazing they do this retro psych band thing and still sound like Ghost.

  19. #69
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Kalamazoo Michigan
    Posts
    3,352
    Quote Originally Posted by progholio View Post
    7" Of Satanic Panic

    Brilliant video! pretty amazing they do this retro psych band thing and still sound like Ghost.
    I have only listened to the song a couple of times, but already I can't get it out of my head.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •