Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Please post your favorite Beatles cover songs

I don't know about favourite, but this is a nice one.

Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

I just listened to it this morning and I don't think it's been mentioned yet, but "Eleanor Rigby" by Esperanto is killer.
    The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off

Joe Cocker? She Came in Through the Bathroom Window and Try With a Little Help from My Friends.
    Badfinger: Come and Get It.

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarplyrjvb View Post
    Badfinger: Come and Get It.
    Not technically a Beatles song, even though Paul was a Beatle when he wrote it.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    The Stones version is the original release. It preceded The Beatles' version.
    Let me rephrase that...I prefer it to the Beatles version.
    Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature

Here's a cover of "Mother Nature's Son" that will be on my upcoming album...https://soundcloud.com/andrew-laitre...ures-son-mix-4

Always loved Randy California - as Kaptain Kopter - doing Rain.

Not technically a Beatles song, even though Paul was a Beatle when he wrote it.
    Well, it’s on a Beatles album, Anthology 3, and it’s credited to Lennon and McCartney! Good enough for me! The two versions sound almost identical, though, so I guess I don’t rate the Badfinger cover as highly. A cover should do something more with the song than just mimic it!

Well, it’s on a Beatles album, Anthology 3, and it’s credited to Lennon and McCartney! Good enough for me! The two versions sound almost identical, though, so I guess I don’t rate the Badfinger cover as highly. A cover should do something more with the song than just mimic it!
    Well, "Give Peace a Chance" was also credited to both.

Yes, Badfinger, essentially, used Paul's demo track.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

What Beatles recording has Come And Get It? Never heard the Beatles version.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    What Beatles recording has Come And Get It? Never heard the Beatles version.
    None. There's a demo that Paul recorded that appeared on the Anthology. There was never a proper band recording. Paul played all the instruments on the demo.

Fairport Convention with Dan Ar Braz ~ Rain.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12TxJn_zzkY
    Dan Ar Braz also did it on one of his soloalbums.

I prefer Beatles original.

None. There's a demo that Paul recorded that appeared on the Anthology. There was never a proper band recording. Paul played all the instruments on the demo.
    I don't have the Anthology CDs only the documentary.

To be fair, the version on Anthology sounds much better than you'd expect out of a demo. It's really of superb quality.

More of a coverlet
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

To be fair, the version on Anthology sounds much better than you'd expect out of a demo. It's really of superb quality.
    Sure, there are quite a few that sound great. George's acoustic "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" is one.

When they're from acetates, they tend to sound pretty crappy.

Jake Shimabukuro - While My Guitar Gently Weeps
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by the winter tree View Post
    Here's a cover of "Mother Nature's Son" that will be on my upcoming album...https://soundcloud.com/andrew-laitre...ures-son-mix-4
    I truly loved this... clean and honest recording well constructed and a good vocal. How can I Download ?
    Still alive and well...

Quote Originally Posted by rcarlberg View Post
    If you’re willing to go there, there are many many excellent jazz versions of Lennon-McCartney tunes.
    lots of good ones but mine is a rock show... Thanks Carlberg!
    Still alive and well...

Quote Originally Posted by Nijinsky Hind View Post
    I truly loved this... clean and honest recording well constructed and a good vocal. How can I Download ?
    I agree. Very nice.

John Denver adopted that song into his repertoire, BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by zravkapt View Post
    I just listened to it this morning and I don't think it's been mentioned yet, but "Eleanor Rigby" by Esperanto is killer.
    Excellent one:

Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...

Quote Originally Posted by Mythos View Post
    The Ancients (An Excellent old-fashioned traditional goth rock band) did a very cool version of"Rain"

I don't see it on YouTube, but it may be out there somewhere, for those who are into that sort of thing...

https://www.discogs.com/Ancients-The...release/900222
    Not on Itunes either... but "Careful with that axe eugene" is... I like!
    Still alive and well...

Quote Originally Posted by jake View Post
    Always loved Randy California - as Kaptain Kopter - doing Rain.

I will be using this for sure... thanks
    Still alive and well...

Quote Originally Posted by Progbear View Post
    Excellent one:

Very good... Long one though. I only have a one hour show and am required to play 3 NEW songs picked by management.
    Still alive and well...

OK heres the playlist... I have about 5 minutes to fill. The last 3 are required I play... I hate em.

beatles intro 0:50
    Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band 1:51 The Jimi Hendrix Experience
    Rain 8:38 Randy California
    I Don't Want to Spoil the Party 2:33 The Chicks
    Every Little Thing 5:42 Yes
    And Your Bird Can Sing 1:53 The Jam
    I Am the Walrus 6:24 Spooky Tooth
    Happiness Is a Warm Gun 3:23 Hartwick Pines
    Everybody's Got Something to Hide (Except Me and My Monkey) 4:06 The Feelies
    Tnk 4:15 Phil Manzanera and The Sound of Blue Band
    Concrete 3:34 Shame Concrete -
    Someplace 3:55 YAMANTAKA // SONIC TITAN
    Don't Go 2:51 Moaning Moaning

I will play these sunday afternoon from 1:00 - 2:00 Pacific time........ Here
    http://kwcwradio.tumblr.com/listen

Thanks And I would really like to download that "Mother natures son" by the member here. winter tree?
    Last edited by Nijinsky Hind; 04-06-2018 at 10:30 PM.
    Still alive and well...